It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QE3 Gets Bigger-Bernanke Bailing in 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

After reading this article I am a bit concerned. This policy has got to stop. The government should not be printing money on this scale without at least consulting the general populace or even a few economists for that matter.

“The Fed has entered a holding pattern while watching for signs of a substantial improvement in the labor market,” added Ellen Zentner, senior U.S. economist for Nomura Securities."

What happens when they run out of gas while flying a holding pattern? print it!

Regardless, what worries me is that with Bernanke isn't planning on remaining in charge.

www.foxbusiness.com...

This is a mixed bag in my opinion, as now, he has no reason to not just continue increasingly worse ideas of how to manipulate the market. At least he'll be gone in a couple years.... to be replaced by....

"Should Obama defeat Romney next month, there are a number of individuals who the president could tap to fill Bernanke’s shoes, including former economic adviser Larry Summers, Fed vice chair Janet Yellen and economist Alan Krueger.
On the other hand, a GOP victory this fall opens the Fed window for a slew of right-leaning candidates, headlined by Romney economic adviser Glenn Hubbard."

Anyone know anything about these other jagofs?

Also, just for the sake of argument here's perhaps what we should have done or do?

youtu.be...

edit on 23-10-2012 by auto73912621 because: minor corrections

edit on 23-10-2012 by auto73912621 because: additional information and references

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by auto73912621
www.marketwatch.com...

After reading this article I am a bit concerned. This policy has got to stop. The government should not be printing money on this scale without at least consulting the general populace or even a few economists for that matter.

“The Fed has entered a holding pattern while watching for signs of a substantial improvement in the labor market,” added Ellen Zentner, senior U.S. economist for Nomura Securities."

What happens when they run out of gas while flying a holding pattern? print it!

Regardless, what worries me is that with Bernanke isn't planning on remaining in charge.

www.foxbusiness.com...

This is a mixed bag in my opinion, as now, he has no reason to not just continue increasingly worse ideas of how to manipulate the market. At least he'll be gone in a couple years.... to be replaced by....

"Should Obama defeat Romney next month, there are a number of individuals who the president could tap to fill Bernanke’s shoes, including former economic adviser Larry Summers, Fed vice chair Janet Yellen and economist Alan Krueger.
On the other hand, a GOP victory this fall opens the Fed window for a slew of right-leaning candidates, headlined by Romney economic adviser Glenn Hubbard."

Anyone know anything about these other jagofs?

Also, just for the sake of argument here's perhaps what we should have done or do?

youtu.be...

edit on 23-10-2012 by auto73912621 because: minor corrections

edit on 23-10-2012 by auto73912621 because: additional information and references

Larry Summers? Holy. S**t.

Bernanke was placed in this position because he's an idiot and a coward. He was given the Fed chair because he proved early on that he would be an easy "yes man" to the financial interests that give the Fed its orders. All he knows about economics comes from a text book of failed Keynsian principles which he has been applying to the world's failing economic system. I wish I could say I'm glad he's leaving, but if his replacement is Larry freaking Summers.......though I guess it makes little difference.

Larry Summers is one of the individuals who is directly responsible for the proliferation of the derivatives market that now includes, according to some estimates, upwards of $1,200 trillion in notional value. That is over ONE QUADRILLION dollars. Along with Henry Paulson, he was also responsible for the largest single occassion bailout of the financial industry that has ever taken place. In short, he's a total bloodsucking societal leech who has never done an hour of real hard work in his life. His entire existence is based on the manipulation of other peoples' hard earned money in a way that makes himself and his Wall Street pals disgustingly wealthy and leaves the working class with less and less every quarter. If he is given the Fed chair, you can have no doubt that it will be economics as usual, which means print, print, print, keep the cheap money flowing to international bankers with almost non-existant interest rates.

Glenn Hubbard is merely an academic economist, which means he know nothing apart from flawed Keynsian economic principles. There's no hope for a change in policy with him in the chair, either.

In other words, we're totally F-d and we will continue to be totally F-d until people get pissed off enough to throw these sociopathic financiers out of the train.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

Thank you very much for the information on these guys. Clearly we're about to go from the frying pan into the fire with this group.

More and more I'm wondering if there is in fact anything to be done now other than stockpile and barricade...

and for the record I think you're estimate of Bernanke is spot on.

I've been hearing a lot about the derivative market and its imminent bubble bursting, I remember years ago when I was in Series 7 classes (stockbroker test), I could hardly believe the information I was learning, it seemed like such smoke and mirrors without any foundation. I ended up not going into the industry in the end as a result.
Perhaps we need to get a discussion going about who SHOULD be in charge of the FED if anybody.
edit on 23-10-2012 by auto73912621 because: added

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by auto73912621

Unfortunately we've been in the fire for quite some time, its just that most Americans' lives are still so comfortable that they just have no reason to get too angry...yet.

I'm sure you remember the mortgage crisis in 2007/08, much of which was due to policies supported by Bernanke and a massive push by Larry Summers for deregulation in financial markets. Well, they're still at it. Currently in the United States there are an estimated 5 - 7 empty homes for every homeless person in the country. House prices are now increasing, however. In simple market terms this should be impossible; too much supply with little demand should cause prices to decrease, and yet Obama gave a short speech about an increase in home prices and how its a good thing. The truth is, of course, that they are just inflating the bubble again.

And what's worse is that most of the major markets are artificially inflated bubbles, just like the housing market. Consider that the stock market has more than doubled since the so-called recession. Does that strike you as odd when we know for a fact that the economy has been almost stagnant and losing jobs since the 2008 crisis? Its because of these bubbles, and Bernanke is the enabler while Summers is one of the hit-men in government, so to speak. When the bubbles burst, its all over.

To add another aspect to this, it is well known that all high ranking financial and business figures have been building secure underground bunkers for themselves and their families. They are preparing for massive social upheaval. They know its coming, because they created it, and they're going to hide in the ground while the country potentially sets itself on fire.
edit on 23-10-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join