It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Wants Its Gold Back From The Federal Reserve In New York

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skycowboy

used in circuit boards , teeth, food as decoration (gold leaf), satelites, art work, jewelry, has healing properties as silver does, there really is a ton more uses than just monetary value.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by skycowboy

used in circuit boards , teeth, food as decoration (gold leaf), satelites, art work, jewelry, has healing properties as silver does, there really is a ton more uses than just monetary value.

So those are the reasons why gold is so sought after in society?
edit on 23-10-2012 by Dystopiaphiliac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ha ha, this is going to be a problem. The Federal Reserve has secretly been replacing their gold with gold-painted tungsten for years now. I wonder if they even have any left?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

no i was adding to the other list, theres tons of other uses for gold than money, and when you have something that can be used for so many things. its valuable

the reason why gold is so expensive is you a bunch of giant world banks and rich families manipulating the markets. selling way more paper than gold they own.

anything in the world could be used as a currency holder, its just a matter of a bunch of crooked people getting together and saying, guess what, tungsten is the new gold and were backing all money against it, BAM tungsten through the roof.
edit on 24-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: s

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The Germans are coming,Hurry up !! How fast can you Gold plate the bars of lead shaped like gold to fool the Germans?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highergrounds
The Germans are coming,Hurry up !! How fast can you Gold plate the bars of lead shaped like gold to fool the Germans?

This is not a joke: politicians are demanding the melting of the Gold plates to ensure its validity..

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Caltrops

I am sure the Sea Pirates are waiting to see which vessel will be taking this cargo overseas

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

I am sure the Sea Pirates are waiting to see which vessel will be taking this cargo overseas

I am pretty sure that there will be some guards. Good luck for the pirates, the German Marine (being part of Operation Atalanta at Somalia's coast) has done quite a terrific job.

Or the gold could be transported via aircraft. We will not be informed until the gold reached its haven, I guess.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this article. By the way, did you know that the origin of gold and silver was recently published on many websites and in magazines early this year and late last year -- the scientists think it comes from Novas and Star Fusion events; for example, to produce gold, you need two well-balanced gravitationally-linked stars to slowly fuse together. For some reason this starts the reaction that emits mono-atomic gold and sends those particles flying through space! It could be that many of them coalesce in the magnetic fields near those stars and form the things we call meteors and asteroids; which explains the interest of companies like Planetary Resources in harvesting SpaceRock for gold and other metals and minerals.

I posit that given the right conditions it may be possible to simulate this type of fusion in the laboratory and literally produce gold locally.

However, technology also exists to the effect of destroying the valued properties of metal, if I am not mistaken.
It is an easy thing, to corrupt something. What's hard it restoring it to the uncorrupted state...

Not only are we dealing with banker crooks who are willing to sell you tungsten filled bars, we are dealing with war-funding armed-agency-wielding cabal criminals who steal any and all technology capable of forcing change and use it against the people.

I don't blame Germany for wanting to manage their own assets. Surely, however, they realize the folly of putting all of the Golden Eggs into one Basket in the age of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance weapons and the like.

I dunno. Maybe Angela Baby Hitler Merkel is going to reverse engineer some drones and needed all that gold for the wires. XD bwahaha

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Makes me wonder who owns the "Gold into Cash" stores?

think about it......

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
Makes me wonder who owns the "Gold into Cash" stores?

think about it......
...Holy crap!

That is very scary. Scarier when you think about the piles of shoes and glasses at the concentration camps. The gold teeth and wrist watches...

Sick world we inherited. GD Nazis!
Where's HellBOY

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
For what it's worth, here are the numbers I came up with for Gold ever mined, what it's worth and what various nations are known to have for total reserves in the stuff. Silver as well.... It's not a pretty picture if someone wants to joke about basic money standard going on it again as some did recently.

Gold would have to adjust in value to... well.. It's just totally absurd. Somebody's tooth filling would buy a car, I'd bet.

The numbers are just,... poof.. into fantasy land. I wish Germany well with getting their Gold checked and verified. I'd just hope they ask to see OTHER vaults in at least a peak in the door or, at Fort Knox, in the gate kind of way. Otherwise, how will Germany know if the pallets of Gold are really THEIRS or it's the same pallets of gold just seen over and over for whoever might push far enough to have to show some to.

(The budget link in my sig has the source sheets listed by the number in the top left corner of the chart, if anyone wants to check any of it BTW.)
edit on 24-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: adding source info

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The Germans can do gold audits but we haven't had a gold audit since 1974.

Fort Knox may very well be EMPTY.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

This may be a very very stupid and uneducated question. But, why is so much German gold in a vault in America?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

Thank you for posting this article. By the way, did you know that the origin of gold and silver was recently published on many websites and in magazines early this year and late last year -- the scientists think it comes from Novas and Star Fusion events; for example, to produce gold, you need two well-balanced gravitationally-linked stars to slowly fuse together. For some reason this starts the reaction that emits mono-atomic gold and sends those particles flying through space! It could be that many of them coalesce in the magnetic fields near those stars and form the things we call meteors and asteroids; which explains the interest of companies like Planetary Resources in harvesting SpaceRock for gold and other metals and minerals.

This is very interesting to me, as many have said our moon isn't from us/earth , maybe if the "alien" stories are true, maybe they smashed what ever the former moon was with our planet when it was young to form the gold, then came back and left "slaves" to eventually mine it all out.....the Only thing that's weird though, how the hell would any scientist know " to produce gold, you need two well-balanced gravitationally-linked stars to slowly fuse together" do we have some space faring scientist they arent telling us about, IM pretty sure anyone close enough to witness/get samples would be pretty crispy lol ^^ and also, do they mean the suns fuse together and spit gold out, or the two suns form a planet? I don't understand how gold would form on a planet with suns fusing together?
edit on 24-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: s

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

we have more bombs than they do(protection). and the old saying, dont put all your eggs in one basket. plus im sure the interst rate was through the roof.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan

This may be a very very stupid and uneducated question. But, why is so much German gold in a vault in America?

As I understand it from my reading, the reason the U.S. is used as a physical holding place for many of the world's valuables has been the belief that we're more stable in a long term way and across almost all conditions. I'm not sure how true that REMAINS...but it sure was until recent years.

The kind of stability they'd be thinking about are things like 1989 when the world watched the Wall fall and half of Europe fell into chaos for a very brief period. At least, very brief for most nations....and not TOO long for any in Europe proper.

Still.... even that much chaos of Gov'ts falling could see a Crown or a Nation's gold reserves run off on a Semi- truck and vanish. That wouldn't happen being stored in New York or one of the other vaults. In theory.... You know how that assuming goes though.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan

To quote our Bundesbank: "to enable the exchange into dollars in case of an economic crisis".

I am a little lost about the supposed victim of that crisis: the USA or Germany?.. Well, it's of course just the official version.
edit on 24-10-2012 by ManFromEurope because: Grammar, my old fiend. We meet again, I see!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The numbers are just,... poof.. into fantasy land. I wish Germany well with getting their Gold checked and verified. I'd just hope they ask to see OTHER vaults in at least a peak in the door or, at Fort Knox, in the gate kind of way. Otherwise, how will Germany know if the pallets of Gold are really THEIRS or it's the same pallets of gold just seen over and over for whoever might push far enough to have to show some to.
I was thinking the exact same scenario. However the Germans are not idiots so perhaps they have some means to get around this issue. My guess is that the US will simply let them know to back off. The last one to play this game was DeGaulle and his life hanged in the balance for many years.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle

I posit that given the right conditions it may be possible to simulate this type of fusion in the laboratory and literally produce gold locally.

The origin of gold is Outer Space? Well, I guess that's one theory. I wonder if it will ever be proven.

We do know of one way gold is made on earth. Gold is made from bacteria.

The gold you see in the photo above was not found in a river or a mine. It was produced by a bacteria that, according to researchers at Michigan State University, can survive in extreme toxic environments and create 24-karat gold nuggets. Pure gold. Accoding to Kashefi, they are doing "microbial alchemy" by "something that has no value into a solid [in fact, it the toxic material they use does cost money. Less than gold, but still plenty], precious metal that's valuable."

The bacteria is incredibly resistant to this toxic element. In fact, it's 25 times stronger than previously thought. The researchers' compact factory—which they named The Great Work of the Metal Lover—holds the bacteria as they feed it the gold chloride. In about a week, the bacteria does its job, processing all that junk into the precious metal—a process they believe happens regularly in nature.

So yes, basically, Cupriavidus metallidurans can eat toxins and poop out gold nuggets.

gizmodo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join