It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Wants Its Gold Back From The Federal Reserve In New York

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Alrightythen!,the whole point of the article was missed!.

The U.S. taxpayer is the lender of last resort in a fiat money based economy.

The lender of last resort is being driven to bankruptcy by the wealthy segment of the U.S. population,which is a damn small percentage of the U.S. population.

I wouldn't want my gold stored in a country that doesn't even look out for it's citizenry any better than that either.

2 cents.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
After years of Ron Paul clamoring for the Fed to be audited only to fall on deaf ears,...... Germany to the rescue
classic!

Watch the spot price of Tungsten mysteriousssssllly rise LOL

Germany isnt the only one, there has been a MASSIVE gold grab by other countries in the past couple of years...

Everyone seems to be paying attention but the U.S. , whast worse is that a lot of people were laughing at citizens buying gold........especially here on ATS....

Not lookin so crazy now huh?

I myself bought 8000 dollars worth of gold in historical currency over the course of the year in 2001, since then its gone from $300 an ounce to $1600 an ounce......

I tryly believe there will be a day when history looks back and venerates Ron Paul and people like him, and the turning point in our US history when we could have saved ourselves from the comming disaster......
edit on 23-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I found an article related to this thread :

Title : Germany Parliament denied access to Germany's gold to confirm it is there.

Link : sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com...

Bundesbank has denied the Parliament access to view the gold due to "lack of visiting rooms."

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wonder if Germany has nukes. If not then it will not see its gold
Well may be those tungsten fill ones "Made in China"

edit on 23-10-2012 by tintin2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2012 by tintin2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Gold is still just metal. It would be better off used in technology, rather than sitting in some vault.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caltrops

Originally posted by tombangelta
i find it sad that in the year 2012 even though money is not based on gold we still consider this metal valuable just because its shiny

But Gold is the real Wealth .

Not is isnt, the means of production are, especially food, clean water and energy. You can always always always make money on those save of everyone having access to his own well and land to farm.

The best use of Gold is for space travel.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
1) Someone said it's sad that gold is still revered as valuable just because it's shiny. What I infer is that deep in our collective guts, we understand that paper money is just really really durable toilet paper. Gold retails value because when the "buck stops here" (sorry, couldn't resist) something real must take it's place. And since we all can't trade eggs for loaves of bread, that something real must be universal, and finite. That's gold: Finite, unique, durable and unmatched in it's blingy-ness.

2) One of my geologist friends just FB'd a picture of herself holding a 65 lb., freshly cast bar of gold. (She works for a mining co.) Imagine youself holding a 1.7million dollar chunk of metal. And yes, she said there were 2 gun-toting security people guarding the bar, so don't imagine running away with it!

3) I'm sick of all this namby-pamby foreign relations crapola. Let those kraut* bastards come and try to take that gold! Shouldn't have left it half-way around the world, suckers!

*the term "kraut bastards" was used solely for artistic license, in the attempt to call up visions of a WWII G.I. with a tommy gun yelling out that line. The author does not use the slanderous term kraut in real life, and would encourage the reader to refrain from nationalistic name-calling and other un-gentlemanly political pursuits.
edit on 23-10-2012 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Gold is still just metal. It would be better off used in technology, rather than sitting in some vault.

But Gold is special....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Gold is used in components to build that technology, another reason why its valuable .......

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trapjaw

wiki.answers.com...

This answer is going to fluctuate daily based on current gold prices. To be accurate, you'd need to solve the simple equation: (today's price per ounce) x (32,000). 32,000 is 16 ounces x 2,000 pounds, or 1 ton. So today (2/5/08), Gold is at $887.90 per ounce. $887.90/oz x 32,000oz = $28,412,800 / ton. Gold is measures in troy oz. & troy lbs. 29,400 is 12 troy ounces x 2450 troy lb. or 1 troy ton So today 2/27/2009 Gold is at $1050.00 per troy ounce. $1050.00 x 29,400 troy oz = $30,870,000 / 1 troy ton 1 troy ounce = 480 grains 32,150 troy ounces = 1 metric ton 32,150 troy ounces x $1050.00 = $33,757,500 metric ton of gold worth?"
thats a rough estimate as im unsure as to what current prices are atm but a good deal of money is the basic answer

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Gold is the only thing that gives our failing economy any value these days. Without gold, our paper currency is worthless. Our dollar is fragile enough as it is, and Germany thinks we're just gonna throw the gold at them?

That's not quite true. The collateral for the dollar printing is not the gold, but the willingness of the US population to be enslaved and pay back the borrowed money via taxes and or raiding other countries for the Fed banks. Bankrupt as we are, our assets, including gold, have long be sold off to pay off our collective debt, now we're all in involuntary servitude and selling off the rest of the assets we have to make right on the horrendous debt we have owed for 100 years.

The IMF has shifted its requirements for borrowing to include some 30 items, of which gold is only one item, oddly enough 50+ percent is dollars on hand.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caltrops

Originally posted by tombangelta
i find it sad that in the year 2012 even though money is not based on gold we still consider this metal valuable just because its shiny

But Gold is the real Wealth .

Can you eat gold? When conditions hit the biblical levels food will be worth more than gold. You can have all the gold in the world and still starve to death.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My instinct tells me they want the gold back before that becomes impossible. One day America will just lock down it's borders and tell China, and everybody else to go swivel. I don't think the game plan is to ever pay off their external debt.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Caltrops

I'm moving to Germany!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Caltrops

150 tons is hardly worth the attention. This is just a move to satisfy the courts and other political figures in Germany. When Germany starts demanding all of their gold I'll pay attention, because that would be a great thing for the PM market.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The Fuhrer, Angela Merkel, is in for a big surprise, unless she would take tungsten instead of gold. He who has the gold, spends the gold and The Federal Reserve is so crooked, that ponzi schemes worship it as the almighty. Anyways, things are taking many unexpected turns and stolen gold, is the least of Germany's worries.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
the real nwo started in germany,
they are now calling in all debt to secure their country when the world econamy collapses

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trapjaw

$7,200,000,000 at about $1500 an ounce

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I was going to make a moronic comment about the 4th Reich, but I like Germany, so I will just leave it at that. I think this is probably smart on their part, because if the US economy crashes, who knows what will happen. Germany would likely want to be able to float in a crisis like that, and this gold would give them that much more negotiating power. But, no one knows what will happen in the future, and that gold could very well end up in the wrong hands. It happened a decade before WWII, so it is not out of the realm of possibility.

But that is not to say we should not give them the gold, if it is theirs. But the truth is likely that there is not much gold at all. I really believe this is likely the case. We will see though I suppose.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Gold is the only thing that gives our failing economy any value these days. Without gold, our paper currency is worthless. Our dollar is fragile enough as it is, and Germany thinks we're just gonna throw the gold at them?

But Fort Knox seems to be empty, not even congressmen were allowed to inspect it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join