It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney DOUBLES his lead in national poll released hours after third debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Las Vegas odds makers say Romney by a landslide. I will go with them on that. Obama has torn America apart. Obama has torn the entire planet apart actually. America has never been more hated because of Obama's clueless policies. He is truly not presidential and is in way over his head on every issue but golf. He has strengthened the terrorist organizations. He has let China run over us. He is simply over his head. Romney is Presidential and we will have an economic boom when he takes office. There will be problems with the Muslim world either way but Romney is a much better pick to deal with them. Obama is just plain clueless.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
reply to post by beezzer

This Canadian is concerned that an ENTIRE debate about foreign policy did not include ONE mention of Canada. Not ONE mention of the debacle that is NAFTA.

I see NAFTA as one of those personal issues. Just like the gay rights issue that also was not discussed.

There was only so much time to include the most important issues that affect everyone.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by redtic

As I said...I don't know what to make of that article either. We'll see on the 6th if Nate Silver is correct again. Personally, I have no idea how it will play out. I don't think there's a news source out there that is honest, so God only knows what's really going on.

Yes, as they say, only time will tell. As an Obama supporter, I'm certainly concerned by the turn-around for Romney since the first debate, but I know I'd be a whole lot more concerned if those 538 numbers were flipped.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Las Vegas odds makers say Romney by a landslide.

Source please? (And please don't let it be an O'Reilly interview..)

Oh, and this seems to tell a different story...

www.politicalbettingodds.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Obama leads in states where he needs that allow him take the win. I think last night will just expand that. Romney was mostly just parroting Obama's foriegn policy and trying to push things nobody wants like increasing the size of the navy.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
if we had a parliamentary system, your right.....but the 3rd party candidate never wins, and whatever side he leans toward, loses, due to the dilution of the vote. by the way, the main stream canadian media is not exactly a pillar of veracity. and with a population of 34.8 million, your entire country has the population of one state, mine, california.....juuusst a little easier to monitor and keep in check.

I can agree. Canadian MSM is definitely not a pillar of veracity. Especially when it comes to our own affairs. It is a little easier when our media is picking or debating affairs of other countries. As for voting, even here, if the party is not one of the Cons or Libs, its only usefulness is to split the vote up. Which is why Canada is in a bad position currently, with a Con-Majority, instead of ANY minority government. (The whole situation is flawed, whether 2 or more parties exist) But I couldn't vote for someone I disagree with wholeheartedly, which is why (although it may be detrimental) I would vote 3rd party if American. Thnx for the reply.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by beezzer

This Canadian is concerned that an ENTIRE debate about foreign policy did not include ONE mention of Canada. Not ONE mention of the debacle that is NAFTA.

I see NAFTA as one of those personal issues. Just like the gay rights issue that also was not discussed.

There was only so much time to include the most important issues that affect everyone.

Its true, they cannot discuss EVERY issue. But there seemed to be alot of time spent on Economic issues this debate when it should have been more geared towards foreign policy. I don't see NAFTA as a personal issue. It is clearly a policy issue and an issue that has been plaguing us for years. I can't wait until its up for Re-Evaluation. Scares me to think who will be in charge of USA and Canada, at this time, because that will greatly effect its outcome.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Nice made up facts. Just googled vegas presidential odds and romney is a 2 to 1 underdog.
Bravo.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here in the post-debate world, this poll is now obsolete. Furthermore, identifying a lead of 4% within a poll as "commanding" is laughable.

Let's talk about how the two are comparing now, today.
How's Romney doing?

I think he's going to be in damage control mode after last night's performance.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by jimmiec
Las Vegas odds makers say Romney by a landslide.

Source please? (And please don't let it be an O'Reilly interview..)

Oh, and this seems to tell a different story...

www.politicalbettingodds.com...

And this tells an even different one.

Source

An analysis from the University of Colorado that has correctly predicted the outcome of presidential elections since 1980 is forecasting Mitt Romney as the frontrunner, with voters in Colorado helping the presumptive Republican nominee unseat President Barack Obama. Political science professors Kenneth Bickers, of CU's Boulder campus, and Michael Berry, of CU's Denver campus, found that the ailing economy spells trouble for the president's re-election bid. The professors conduct a state-by-state analysis, incorporating economic data such as unemployment figures. The results of their analysis show that Obama will win 213 votes in the electoral college, short of the 270 that he would need to be re-elected.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

townhall.com...

Here are several specific reasons I predict a comfortable Romney victory on election day:

· The news media is ignoring signs of mass revulsion towards Obama. In the West Virginia Democrat primary, a felon got 40% of the vote versus Obama. In deep blue Massachusetts and Connecticut, GOP Senate candidates are even, or leading in recent polls. In pro union Wisconsin, Walker won by a country mile. But worst of all for Mr. Obama, several recent polls show Romney competitive in Illinois- Obama’s home state. Romney is actually winning by a landslide in the suburbs of Obama’s Chicago. Even in Cook County, the country’s biggest Democratic stronghold, Romney leads by double digits among independents (43-31) and white voters (53-40). These are very bad signs for Obama.

· In 2008 Democrats overwhelmingly controlled the majority of Governorships. Today Republicans control the majority of Governorships. Presidential elections are always steered in each state by the Governor- the most powerful force in state politics.

· After the 2010 census, electoral votes were added to states that lean Republican in elections: Texas, Florida, Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, South Carolina, and Utah. Deep blue Democrat states like New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Massachusetts lost electoral votes.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Rasmussen? Meh, worthless. Besides, a PPP poll says that Obama has a big advantage in swing state voters - www.dailykos.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If Obama wins Wisconsin and Ohio, then its over for Romney.

Also all of tbe polls are being inflated by the Obama phobia that has taken over the south, where Romney has a +22 lead in tbe South

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by beezzer

Is being gay all that you think about? This is a presidential debate, not a sexual orientation seminar.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join