It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rigged Elections for Romney? Did he steal the primaries?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by HomerinNC

ACORN did not commit voter fraud.
In fact every label assigned them has been proven false.

ACORN

some examples here with convictions:

Voter registration

ACORN has conducted large-scale voter registration drives since at least the 1980s,[24] focusing primarily on registering poor and minority citizens.[25][26] During the 2008 election season, ACORN gathered over 1.3 million voter registration forms in 21 states. Some of these registration forms were flagged by ACORN's internal auditors for review by election officials. It was estimated by Project Vote that 400,000 registrations collected by ACORN were ultimately rejected, the vast majority for being duplicate registrations submitted by citizens (which is also common at government voter registration services according to reports on the National Voter Registration Act by the U.S. Election Assistance Commission). An unknown number of registrations were fraudulent, but Project Vote estimated that only a few percent were, based on past years and samples from some drives in 2008.[27] No official in states where voter registration drives were conducted have come forward with substantial numbers of fraudulent registrations. It was estimated by Project Vote that 450,000 of the registrations collected by ACORN represented first-time voters, while the remainder were address changes submitted by citizens updating their addresses.[27]

As required by law in most states, ACORN must submit all registration forms collected by its workers, including those flagged by ACORN as incomplete or suspicious. Fraudulent voter registrations are investigated at local, state, and federal levels, and have sometimes resulted in criminal convictions for ACORN employees. ACORN has fired employees for fraudulent registration practices and turned them over to authorities. As of 2006, ACORN was improving its fraud detection and reporting procedures, and cooperating with authorities in efforts to prosecute violators.[28][29][30][31] Jeff Ordower, ACORN's Midwest Director, observed, "There is no scenario where those people on problematic cards would show up at the polls."[32][33] Of 26,513 registrations submitted by ACORN over a nine-month period in San Diego County, California, 4,655 were initially flagged, but 2,806 of those were later validated - a 7% error rate - compared to usually less than 5% for voter drives by other organizations, according to county officials.[34]

In a case in Washington state where seven temporary employees of ACORN were charged with submitting fraudulent voter registrations, ACORN agreed to pay King County $25,000 for its investigative costs and acknowledged that the national organization could be subject to criminal prosecution if fraud occurs again. According to the prosecutor, the misconduct was done "as an easy way to get paid [by ACORN], not as an attempt to influence the outcome of elections."[29][35] In August 2008, ACORN caught, fired and reported employees Maria Miles and Kevin Clancy, who later pled guilty to repeatedly registering the names of the same registered voters.[36][37][38] In May 2009, six ACORN employees in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, pled guilty to charges of a combined total of 51 counts of forgery and other violations while registering voters during the 2008 election cycle.[39]

In plea deals in a 2009 Town Square (Las Vegas)Las Vegas case, former ACORN field director Amy Busefink and ACORN official Christopher Edwards pled guilty to "conspiracy to commit the crime of compensation for registration of voters" in connection with a quota system for paid registration staff.[40] Edwards was sentenced to a year's probation and agreed to testify for prosecutors in charges against ACORN and against Busefink, while Busefink appealed to the Nevada Supreme Court and challenged the constitutionality of the statute.[41][42] In April, 2011, ACORN entered a guilty plea to one count of felony compensation for registration of voters, for which they were fined $5000,[43] but did not concede that the law was constitutional.[42] ...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah something like 6 people convicted of writing up their own voter registration forms instead of canvassing like they were supposed to. ACORN even according to your own article, flagged the suspicious forms themselves and fired the canvassers that turned them in.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

AlaskanDad, thanks so much for posting the article, Rigged Elections for Romney? We have a sequel coming out very soon that will nail down the risk for "tossup" states and detail one state, in particular, where Ron Paul's votes flipped with a vengeance from his column to Romney's. We don't know who did this but, right now, what matters is that it happened and it may well happen again. It is bad enough that the margin of difference between the candidates is some war versus total war and so similar, hands off the Wall Street crooks and others responsible for the crash of 2008 and our current troubles.

Again, many thanks.
Michael Collins

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I thought it would be more appropriate to talk about Obama stealing the 08 election, err wait.. the 2012 election. There are stories popping up in my home state of Ohio about the electronic voting machines, susceptible to being hacked.

oh ... and we are not a Barry state, not by any means.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
I thought it would be more appropriate to talk about Obama stealing the 08 election, err wait.. the 2012 election. There are stories popping up in my home state of Ohio about the electronic voting machines, susceptible to being hacked.

I am sorry but all this looks like prep work in case of a Mitt win. Its like planting seeds in the mind, get the ball rolling before the election and then somewhere they will cry foul.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

I am sorry but all this looks like prep work in case of a Mitt win. Its like planting seeds in the mind, get the ball rolling before the election and then somewhere they will cry foul.

I know .. It is because they are all victims remember? I bet they don't even know that the House of Representatives picks the president in the case of a tie. The house is held by republicans by the way, but I guess that is cheating too right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join