It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. G monbiot coming up with the truth again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
www.monbiot.com...-901

Here is a brilliant article on environmental journalism and how the truth is being distorted by the private ownership of the various outlets, especially when it comes down to the environment.

Its a long-ish read but it is worth every last minute of it!

E_T

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Especially Bush&Co have distinguished in this area.

This image of freedom in western world is pretty much just illusion created by those in power to retain/increase their powers.
Especially good example would be coming election in US... voters don't even directly choose winner!

www.globalissues.org...
cyberjournal.org...

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
"The economic anarchy of capitalist society as it exists today is, in my opinion, the real source of the evil."
"All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field."
"An oligarchy of private capital cannot be effectively checked even by a democratically organized political society because under existing conditions, private capitalists inevitably control, directly or indirectly, the main sources of information."
"Force always attracts men of low morality."
"The minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of them."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just got my vote there bud!

Some nice quotes from Einstein.

Man we are sitting in a big heap of doo-doo!

Edit: we are sitting IN a big heap...

[edit on 25/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow. The best description/explanation I have ever read. My 14 year-old daughter will easily comprehend it ...she's brilliant anyway, but george makes it interesting, and admirably justifies exactly why beating ones head against the wall is worthwhile.

top topics

join