It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Pose Danger to Aviation - U.S. News and World Report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It is true the FAA doesn't usually investigate UFO's..

A family friend who was chief controller for Tucson Int. Airport watched a disk craft put out landing gear, and land right at the end of the runway at Bellingham Int Airport in Washington state in the early 70's..

He was told by superiors to just ignore it and to divert air traffic until the craft was gone, and of course, to not mention it to anyone.. The FAA administrators never investigated this incident further, because they already knew what it was..(An alien craft) not homemade on earth.

Simple enough, really..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Orkojoker

Originally posted by Arken

The Bigelow Aerospace Group has been taken in charge from the FAA to receive UFOs reports from the civil pilots and the air traffic controllers. Why?
www.faa.gov...

That's a great question, Arken. I'd like to know what Bigelow does with the reports it receives. Any idea? Also, thanks for linking to that FAA document:

I wonder if the policy to outsource reports to a private company applies to sightings by FAA personnel.

Tell me this is a joke.....please.

No. Absolutely real. And from several years.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeBarna

Sorry for the delay in a response mate and I completely agree with you about there being something out there (also that it does a great job of avoiding us
) -regarding the aviation saftey factor I don't know if you've heard it but Dr Haines gives a good interview here about military/civilian pilot sightings and the 3400 actual unknown reports he's collated, there's also a relevant presentation below which he gave to the French Air and Space Academy citing factors like E.M. effects on aircraft systems and UAP causing unplanned collision avoidance manoeuvre.

U.A.P and Flight Safety: There is a Relationship

This presentation will document a number of encounters by air-crew with unidentified aerial phenomena that strongly suggest a flight safety concern because of electro-magnetic effects on aircraft systems, a breakdown in cockpit coordination and communication, physical impeding of the airplane's flight path, and/or causing the pilot to execute an abrupt and unplanned collision avoidance manoeuvre. Positive and achievable recommendations are made regarding how to cope with these phenomena from a flight crew standpoint as well as official government policy and administrative standpoint.

Originally posted by JoeBarna

That being said, for the past three years or so, I have asked everyone I work with if they have ever seen something "unexplained". I have heard of three events of unexplained lights and two daytime sightings of silver spheres (which really got my attention). But as you've heard and read, I do stand the chance of getting ridiculed for researching such a "strange" phenomena. So I reserve my questions to private one on one discussions usually at FL 370 or above.

Sincerely hope you do keep asking although I can see how it may affect your professional reputation and even become a liability in the advancement of your career - regarding commercial pilots being reluctant to report their experiences (probably due to those two factors) here are some other statements from Ted Roe's study and it really does make a person wonder just how many UAP events go unreported.

"We didn't say anything. We figured nobody would believe us."
Charter Pilot

"Upon return to my domicile, JFK, I reported our sighting to the proper authorities. I was shortly visited by two federal investigators who evidently thought I was hallucinating for one of them stated he had seen spaceships while fishing in Great South Bay and was quite obviously trying to prove that I was a loony."
Captain, Pan Am (ret.)

"It must have been Huge! We were all due back at JFK about the same time two days later so I waited in the crew ready room to talk to them. None of them wanted to talk! They were afraid management would take them off of flying status and have them tested for booze and drugs. The story never came out!"
Flight Engineer, TWA (ret.)

"a group of lights in the air appeared at our 12o'clock position. I called departure control and asked them if they had any traffic in that area. When they came back and said NO, what do you see, I said no, just checking. For at that time when a pilot reported seeing a UFO he was in a lot of trouble."
Captain, Ozark Airlines (ret.)

"I, and Flight crew saw something (in broad daylight) that did things that no known aircraft could do without killing any living thing inside. I will only give sketchy details to protect the privacy of the rest of the crew. If you are interested, and all information (is) kept anonymous, contact me. I will not present myself for public ridicule."
Captain, NW (ret.)

link

Also, don't know if you've looked into this case from Argentina in 1995 but it's certainly a pretty fascinating one and definitely involves the aviation safety factor.

"The first impression was shock from people inside the plane -the lights of the object were well defined - there was an orange light on top of it, green lights on the side and the solid part of the object was dark".

Flight Captain Jorge Polanco

link

Cheers.
edit on 2-2-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MicceyHere you go:

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt",[1] usually conveyed through irony or understatement.[2] Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony[4] or employs ambivalence.[5]

So is this your way of saying something was a HOAX? Posting definition of a word, that has nothing to do with the case, the accounts, the people involved, or anything.

Such pseudos like you need to not post, I am all for objective skepticism but scoffing should be punishable.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Old thread and you want me to el on what i was thinking.
Hmm

18min obs no pictures?
Soo
could have been 3days.
But the general assumption would be HOAX..

My sarcasm was just that...
Just because theres no pics doesnt mean
HOAX in atumatic....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join