It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Pose Danger to Aviation - U.S. News and World Report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The query results are pretty mind blowing ..

results

at the moment:
« Do You Believe Aliens Exist?
A.94.71% Yes
B.5.29% No»

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Wow, that is interesting voyger2. Thanks for pointing it out.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Who is in control of aviation?
The UFO Illuminati are in control of aviation.
We don't need aliens for aviation control they are for our minds and ET movies
in order the deny the UFO Illuminati. Clever aren't they.
So this UFOs Pose Danger to Aviation and that U.S. News and World Report are
just Illuminati lackeys doing what they are told. Now UFO committees must be
formed due to lack of work for the rest of who think the Illuminati are too rich.

edit on 10/26/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Who is in control of aviation?
The UFO Illuminati are in control of aviation.

The UFO Illuminati? Not sure about all that my friend, but I did find some interesting audio recordings of pilots and air traffic controllers discussing potentially aviation-safety-related UFO encounters as they were occurring.

Here's one from 1988 over Chile:

...and here are a few more from the National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
reply to post by voyger2

Wow, that is interesting voyger2. Thanks for pointing it out.

I hope no one will take offense if I point out that these sort of polls are non-scientific (as they don't rely on random sampling).
But I think it is an interesting result none the less. A lot depends on what is meant by "alien life".
At the most basic level, I figure it probably means any form of life, outside planet earth. Or perhaps life that evolved somewhere else in the universe. That might be simply single celled bacteria.

But I'm sure that the continuing revelation of new planets and indications that planets are at least as plentiful as stars probably has moved more people into the "alien believer" category. If there is even primitive forms of life on other planets, then that also increases the probability of advanced and intelligent forms of alien life.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Abstract:

Spherical unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP), of both plasma and solid-like kinds, have often been observed in the world. Several monitoring campaigns have permitted us to know better some structural properties and temporal behaviour of such phenomena. On the basis of what has been observed so far, and considering the deduced constants that characterize the phenomenon, and of the consequent physical working-hypotheses that results, possible dangers to aviation are examined from several point of view of physical science; both natural and nonnatural features of these kind of UAP are considered. A systematic instrumented observational plan is proposed, involving both recurrence areas and time flaps of the phenomenon itself.

www.narcap.org...

My own feeling/opinion is that the (apparently) solid spheres that can be seen during the day are probably not going to collide with an aircraft, as they seem to possess intelligent control - and that control means they will approach aircraft, but I don't think there has been a case where they have been shown to collide.

I have one daylight sighting of a sphere which rapidly flew over a commercial jet on approach to an airport. It stopped quite suddenly and the aircraft flew beneath it without any evasive maneuver. (Note: It was my perception that the sphere's path was directly above the aircraft, although I concede that this might not be the case)

In any event, even if these spheres are intelligently guided, I do agree that there are potential risks posed to aviation as they would be uncontrolled traffic from the viewpoint of controlling the airspace. This might lead to dangerous evasive maneuvers by a pilot reacting in panic.

And of course, just because I think the spheres might avoid actual collision with and aircraft, and are intelligently controlled, well ... that really has not been proven by anyone. So I would agree with NARCAP that this potential threat to aviation safety needs to be scientifically studied.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
One think I highly recommend is listening to the Thursday's Coast to Coast with Linda Moulton Howe and her interview with a guy how saw with in about 200 ft or so, a craft with 7 orange balls under it's belly and the craft was silent and diamond shaped. An incredible interview, It really is a great 1/2 hour or so. The first of three hours, Oct. 25th, the first hour and the first of a few of her subjects she so brilliantly covers.

An incredible sighting and check out her sketches of what the guy saw at Earthfiles.com ! I think it truly is MUST see.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
I hope no one will take offense if I point out that these sort of polls are non-scientific (as they don't rely on random sampling).
But I think it is an interesting result none the less. A lot depends on what is meant by "alien life".
At the most basic level, I figure it probably means any form of life, outside planet earth. Or perhaps life that evolved somewhere else in the universe. That might be simply single celled bacteria.

You speak the truth. Nothing offensive about that in my view. The fact that this was a poll of readers of one particular article (on UFOs) is bound to skew the results in a big way I would think. What I find most interesting is how hard-pressed one would be to find an article on UFOs in a mainstream publication that does not automatically link UFOs to "aliens". They seem to come as an indivisible package almost without exception. In fact, the probable reality of UFOs can be discussed quite well without invoking ET life at all.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

While linking to NARCAP for a previous post, I came across this super interesting report of two pilots witnessing an unusual "something" just after takeoff from Los Angeles International Airport:

“Five to seven hundred feet may sound like some distance to most people but traveling forward at 290 MPH and expecting that the other ‘aircraft’ is doing the same that becomes an incredibly short distance in which to avoid what we expected to be a very possible collision. I am sure that at this point we both were thinking how can we avoid this collision and is there enough space left in which to do so! Within the first 2 – 3 seconds it became shockingly clear that we were not closing on this traffic and that it was pacing us and staying in the exact same position in the wind screen.”

Jumbo Jet Encounters UAP Soon After Take-off from LAX on September 27, 1996

You've got to hand it to Doc Haines mate, that's a pretty fascinating report with some pretty fascinating UFO speed estimates (50 miles in 2 seconds!) - Other than NARCAP, I can't really think of anywhere else for pilots to go to submit their UFO experiences - definitely not the FAA.

Most U. S. pilots today know that they will face ridicule and may even put their career in jeopardy if they report seeing almost anything that is not “naturally explained.” (Roe, 2004)

Interestingly, this is not nearly as true in South American countries a fact which has helped encourage pilots there to immediately report what they see to authorities on the ground so that effective identification and support actions can be carried out immediately.

Looks like South America has got the right idea.

Here's (yet another) relevant example which sounds similar to the LAX case and also happened within the flight corridors of one of the world's busiest airports - the incident still remains unexplained and apparently the pilot even 'ducked in his seat' thinking there was going to be a collision with the UFO.

Pilots witness UFO over Manchester airport - January, 1995

Cheers.
edit on 26-10-2012 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

My own feeling/opinion is that the (apparently) solid spheres that can be seen during the day are probably not going to collide with an aircraft, as they seem to possess intelligent control - and that control means they will approach aircraft, but I don't think there has been a case where they have been shown to collide...

...In any event, even if these spheres are intelligently guided, I do agree that there are potential risks posed to aviation as they would be uncontrolled traffic from the viewpoint of controlling the airspace. This might lead to dangerous evasive maneuvers by a pilot reacting in panic.

And of course, just because I think the spheres might avoid actual collision with and aircraft, and are intelligently controlled, well ... that really has not been proven by anyone. So I would agree with NARCAP that this potential threat to aviation safety needs to be scientifically studied.

Couldn't have said it better myself, bluestreak. Dr. Richard Haines lays it out pretty clearly in the executive summary of his 2000 paper Aviation Safety in America: A Previously Neglected Factor:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
An 18min hovering craft that ppl CANT identify...
Yet no Pictures...

HOAX

Whatever the situation might have been, a dozen employees of a major airline - from mechanics to pilots to managers - attempting to hoax their employer and the Federal Aviation Administration while on the job seems like an unlikely explanation. Maybe you haven't thought the matter through as thoroughly as you might have.

Here you go:

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt",[1] usually conveyed through irony or understatement.[2] Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony[4] or employs ambivalence.[5]

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Good point, here are two Gallop ones that did from 1973 and 1978 and show an increases in UFO witness percentages and a sharp rise in number of people believing in ET life elsewhere.

1973:

“More Than 15 Million People Have Seen UFOs".

News Archive

1978:

“13 Million In U.S. Have Had ‘Close Encounter’”.

News Archive

Also, when it comes to aviation safety, this UFO case is a pretty interesting one as the pilots described a 'weird object' near their plane which made them change course three times and were never heard from again.

The Disappearance of flight N3808H

Location. Mona Channel, Caribbean Ocean near Puerto Rico

Date: June 28 1980

“Mayday, Mayday, Ercoupe ocho cero, eight zero, zero, Hotel. We can see a strange object in our course, we are lost, Mayday, Mayday.”

“Ah we are going from Santo Domingo to ah San Juan International but we found ah a weird object in our course that made us change course about three different times we got it right in front of us now at one o’clock, our heading is zero seven zero degrees…our altitude one thousand six hundred a zero seven zero degrees…our VORs got lost off frequency"

“Right now we are supposed to be a about thirty five miles from the coast of Puerto Rico but we have something weird in front of us that make us lose course all the time I changed our course a second (unintelligible) our present heading right now is three hundred we are right again in the same stuff sir.”

They were not heard from again. At 2012 the Atlantic Fleet Weapons Range verified the last radar position of N3808H as thirty five miles west of Puerto Rico. A search that included Santos’s father was then mounted which centered on this last radar position. It was discontinued after two days when no trace had been found. No trace was ever found.

link

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Ms Keane is doing a great job getting the word out about her book (which Is a good read btw). So I am not surprised to see this article.

It is very easy to say UFOs (or UAPs) pose a threat to aviation safety, heck just look at this video representation of air traffic over a 24 hour period. Lots of planes in the sky. But being one of those guys in the sky I can tell you that in 30+ yrs of flying, I have yet to see anything I couldn't explain while in a cockpit.

So those UFO dudes must really have a good collision avoidance system (wonder if they call theirs TCAS too?)

As for who to call if I ever see something, well it won't be Bigelow. I will file a report with NARCAP and NUFORC. Oh, right after I post a narrative and pics on this site, that is.
edit on 10/27/2012 by JoeBarna because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/27/2012 by JoeBarna because: Fixing errors

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeBarna

It is very easy to say UFOs (or UAPs) pose a threat to aviation safety, heck just look at this video representation of air traffic over a 24 hour period. Lots of planes in the sky. But being one of those guys in the sky I can tell you that in 30+ yrs of flying, I have yet to see anything I couldn't explain while in a cockpit.

Hey Joe, we've spoke before so I know you're a reasonable guy - not to detract from this thread but don't you think there's something very strange going on?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

The Bigelow Aerospace Group has been taken in charge from the FAA to receive UFOs reports from the civil pilots and the air traffic controllers. Why?
www.faa.gov...

That's a great question, Arken. I'd like to know what Bigelow does with the reports it receives. Any idea? Also, thanks for linking to that FAA document:

I wonder if the policy to outsource reports to a private company applies to sightings by FAA personnel.

Tell me this is a joke.....please.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by JoeBarna

Hey Joe, we've spoke before so I know you're a reasonable guy - not to detract from this thread but don't you think there's something very strange going on?

If you dont mind me butting in, have you seen the large spike in reports over the last 90days?

I had someone tell me about seeing an orange ball just the other day. This person knows zip anout NUOFRC.

By the way if you check, the orange fireball was seen in the area of south east asia for days before the Sumatra quake.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Logarock because: c

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hello Karl, to answer your question, yes I do. I made my comment about never seeing anything while airborne to help assure folks that for the most part, UFOs really don't pose that much of a threat to aviation safety. As a community, we really don't even talk about it. If it were a recognized threat, we would be discussing it. Case in point, I never even knew that the FAA recommended this Bigelow group as the recipient do UFO reports until JimOberg discussed it on one of his posts.

That being said, for the past three years or so, I have asked everyone I work with if they have ever seen something "unexplained". I have heard of three events of unexplained lights and two daytime sightings of silver spheres (which really got my attention). But as you've heard and read, I do stand the chance of getting ridiculed for researching such a "strange" phenomena. So I reserve my questions to private one on one discussions usually at FL 370 or above.

Even though I have never seen anything while flying, I have seen something when hunting (and posted the narrative on this site). So to repeat, yes there is something out there and I am actively trying to find out what it is. All I know right now:

It does a GREAT job of avoiding us.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Well the reason I said that which I should not have to explain is that the UFO
technology is held by the people planning aviation to stay the way it is.
You see there is no alien saucer tech only tech from Tesla held by bankers
and anyone else falling into the Illuminati category. They are pleased with
showing it off, people have seen ships that could hold 5,000 people, but
they, the Illuminati, will not build all the devices Tesla built to make war obsolete.
Thanks for your official reply. Just ponder my post a little more.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Well the reason I said that which I should not have to explain is that the UFO
technology is held by the people planning aviation to stay the way it is.
You see there is no alien saucer tech only tech from Tesla held by bankers
and anyone else falling into the Illuminati category. They are pleased with
showing it off, people have seen ships that could hold 5,000 people, but
they, the Illuminati, will not build all the devices Tesla built to make war obsolete.
Thanks for your official reply. Just ponder my post a little more.

I'll be sure to do that T&L. Just curious what your claims are based on.

In any event, I just noticed that in addition to providing lengthy reporting forms for both pilots and air traffic controllers and radar operators, the National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena also recommends the following to those aviation professionals wishing to report a sighting:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'll be sure to do that T&L. Just curious what your claims are based on.

Un official sources cause ATS might be a conspiracy broad with some input that
was not directed by official words. If we wanted the official word on aviation we
would not be here. Just look out for those 5,000 passenger UFOs and ya'll let
us know real soon.

ED: Perhaps you need a spotter. Someone in the conspiracy business to spot
what is going on. Or read books that will point out something without saying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See the post about the Ukraine.
The noted author included US officials spotting UFOs in the Ukraine.
Now I read about that and bought the book and sure enough there was such an event.
I even think the report was they were rising. Well perhaps they were taking off from
a UFO base. That means Russia has the technology as well. And under the same
restrictions going back years to 1945 when first acquired and perhaps 10 years
latter when international restrictions were made on the technology use.

It takes a lot of digging so I see why most refer to official channels.

edit on 10/28/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join