It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On "Earning Respect"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thank you OP for writing about something I hold close to my heart. Several times over the last decade I've heard people say, "you have to earn my respect." That is one of the most arrogant things I've ever heard. As if they are God or something.

It's pretty simple in my humble book. Give respect until otherwise proved unrespectful. These statements generally come from the same men who try and define what it is to be a man. I don't get it or my testosterone must be low. I also agree that it applies to all things. S & F

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I think it is great of a bunch of guys, with a tendancy to be self centered, want to encourage each other to take the risk of opening to others more often. But in general, I find females often have to learn the opposite- how to shut the door and put up limits, and not lose their sense of self faced with others.

This is the core to respect between males and females.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

It's pretty simple in my humble book. Give respect until otherwise proved unrespectful.

You are right. It also works two ways although please dont take it im implying that at you.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"Demanding of another that he earns your respect is, in and of itself, an act of arrogance, a way of self-elevation, implying by its very nature that your respect is worth earning." Drizzt Do'Urden/R.A. Salvatore from the novel "The Halfling's Gem" TSR/WoTC
edit on 30-10-2012 by Dissension because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join