It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea’s Nuclear War Plan: “Go Nuts” and ‘Dig in”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
North Korea was not mentioned in last nights presidential debate. How could it not? With a small but deadly nuclear arsenal, the positions of each candidate are very important. North Korea is contatnaly threatening to attack and is a big concern in Northeast Asia. Because its nuclear weapons capability is small compared to the US and China, its strategy is very important. It seems North Korea would use its weapons at the slightest provocation. Essentially: the go nuts doctrine. It would also bury its nukes deep in the Earth so they would be hard to strike, unless America wanted to nuke them. Then the fallout would spread to China, and WW III begins. Great....

thediplomat.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Bury the nuclear devices deeply underground so no-one can strike them !

Wait a second .. they can not launch them as well then .. err .. that's not how a deterrence doctrine works in my books.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i don't think NK has threatened anyone since kim died. are they still a potential enemy? sure but are they worth talking about in a presidential debate? i dont think so.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think we need to offer the olive branch too. NK in the form of lifting sanctions a bit and tiring to get some help for the starving people.

The young dear leader deserves a chance too be more moderate and less staunch. Hes been pretty quiet since his father died he has a new wife that seems moderate from reports and maybe presuede him to move too a less aggressive more business freindly for the people and maybe enter the 21 centrury like cell phones at least for the people and food aid.
edit on 23-10-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
North Korea is dangerous than any other coutry in the whole world. They are Hot tempered .
edit on 23-10-2012 by Caltrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
i don't think NK has threatened anyone since kim died. are they still a potential enemy? sure but are they worth talking about in a presidential debate? i dont think so.

They threatened Nuclear War few days ago if North Korean refugees in the South launch Balloons with phamplehts.
edit on 23-10-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think China has NK on a loose leash. They may let them threaten and bluster, but if came to it, I think China would rein them in pretty quick. They would not let them start nuking countries, simply because any retaliatory strikes would be near their own border. Any "stray" missiles could hit very close to home. They are a threat, just not as big as they want to seem. Their leaders are on top of the Bats**t crazy list.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

No one takes NK seriously (but they should at least give it more concern that is normally given). One thing I do not comprehend is why the US does not call China out on the NK issue toward a resolution and makes that part of the normal dialog.

The only positive thing out of keeping the war going is to have a justification for increased presence in the region and keep some nations servile. But since war with China is mostly absurd and taking in consideration the costs do the weapons trades justify the expenses of maintaining the presence there. Japan is a special case but even there a progressive easing on Japan's restrictions over national defense capabilities would even be on the US military complex interest...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The only thing North Korea has done since the Korean war is to 'threaten' everyone close or aggressive that they would defend themselves. Sadly in crazy imperial speak any nation that suggest that they would defend themselves if attacked is twisted by a servile media into actual threats.

North Korea has in the past made various suggestions towards what they would like in return for disarming with most demands including signing a peace treaty, or a non aggression pact of some sort, with the South_Korea ( read the US) . Since there was never a actual peace treaty the Korean war never actually ended and that is why North Korea has been forced to pursue a nuclear program and also forced to bankrupt itself trying as best it can to maintain it's armed forces. It's what any sane country ( dictator or no dictator) would do and perhaps if this was widely known& understood very few people would be surprised by North Korea's actions over the last half century

grantmontgomery.blogspot.com...

www.abc.net.au...

Thanks for reading this and thus becoming better informed.

Stellar

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Really?
6 days ago
North Korea threatens South over propaganda balloons
16 days ago
North Korea threatens US after it helps South Korea

They do it non stop.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Really?
6 days ago
North Korea threatens South over propaganda balloons
16 days ago
North Korea threatens US after it helps South Korea

They do it non stop.

The make the same threats of self defense against the same old the US/South Korean provocation.... If the US did not have such a long record of overthrowing governments&attacking weak third world countries then perhaps the North Koreans could have considered disarmament but since the US has been so consistent in their support of and arming of the South there never was much choice but 'winning' ( now impossible) the war or capitulating and giving up the independence they fought for against Imperialist Japan. The accurate way to see Korea in the historic context is as the South as the occupied part and the North as the free part but as the north become more and more militarized in response to US occupied South things went form authoritarian rule to dictatorship in not much time and also predictable so.

That is the terrible thing about the United states setting up bases all over the world ( with carriers and nukes to ensure no one can remove them) in that it forces smaller countries to militarize often with dire consequences for the political systems who's tendency to systematically more authoritarian the US then exploits as 'reasoning' behind the need for all the bases and military power. The sad reality is that empires and empire builders create the very 'threats' they are always using as excuse for spreading their economic and cultural dominance around the world.

But again the western citizens merely see the ridiculous threats of the weak developing nations ( as spread by a mostly servile western press) and hear very little about the US supporting this or that proxy state to increase the range of it's offensive missiles or how it it assisting/allowing it's proxy nation to taunt it's neighbours...

So lets rather believe that the North Korean dictator is 'crazy' ( in the sense that war to protect and create new markets for capitalistic accumulation which is destroying the biosphere is crazy) as that at least is easier to stomach than to consider that our 'elected' officials are.

Stellar

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
North Korea either goes nutz now or they'll be eating each other in a few months. If there's only 10 million of them left now there definitely won't be after the winter. They're pretty hungry and our tactics against them have decimated their population....and they ain't been able to do a thing about it.

They appear to lack the cahoneys to fight for their life...which will equal extinction.

top topics

join