It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial transaction tax gets EU backing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Financial transaction tax gets EU backing

www.bbc.co.uk

The European Commission has backed plans from 10 countries to launch a financial transactions tax to help raise funds to tackle the debt crisis.

The 10 countries include France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

The nations want to push ahead with the tax after failing to win support from all members of the European Union.

The UK has been especially vocal in its opposition to the tax, which it feels would hit the City of London particularly hard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
What Happens If Cameron/Someone Vetos The German-Franco Agreement ->

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There has been discussion about EU transaction tax in the past on ATS.

"If my worries about financial transaction tax are true(see my above post)and If Cameron lets this go through-there will be nowhere safe to keep your money without getting hit by EU financial transaction tax.

Banks,credit unions,metal trading-all will fall under the financial transactions umbrella.

Hell,even shopping and buying fuel is a "financial transaction"-are we going to have to pay an extra tax to the EU when we buy food,fuel or books?

Look at the words they are using folks-It sounds to me as though they wish to force extra EU wide taxes upon us all at every point of sale or bank transaction.
Read about what Merkel and Sarkozy are planning here-look at the part about their letters to each other.
Check out the financial transaction tax idea:
www.bbc.co.uk..."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it interesting that such important news is buried under the Jimmy Saville fiasco.

Keep looking at the right hand when they want you to look at the left hand.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Look at the words they are using folks-It sounds to me as though they wish to force extra EU wide taxes upon us all at every point of sale or bank transaction.
No more no less. Another form of shake down. Global Mafia.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Sarkozy is out of the picture. Hollande is President these days.

It is rather worrying but then i see Greece is one of the ten so i won't lose any sleep over this........just yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There is not a chance that I will put up with this crap.
If they start charging for any transaction I will pull my money out the bank.

Remember folks-the banks MAKE money on the money you store in their accounts.
Do not fall for this theivery.

Would the proposed law cover credit unions as well I wonder?

Hopfully it won't get to the UK,as I think there is a good chance Dave will tell the EU to stick it.
He has just been quoted as saying that the UK has not tightened its belt to give more money to the EU.

Stick to your guns Dave...Please.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Which I believe is why we are seeing an increase in noise around the notion of a Brexit.. or British Exit building across Europe, but unlike the notion of a Grexit (Greek Exit) Britains exit from the EU seems more and more to be suiting both sides.

If things carry on this way, then I doubt Cameron will be able to hold on much longer before he is forced to call a referendum.

At least that would free Europe to pursue whatever Union they wish, and free Britain to pursue whatever direction it wishes..

edit on 23/10/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

It's sad to see the Sovereign states in Europe be destroyed for the sake of Bankers in Brussels.. but they were warned. People all over the World told them this would happen.. they only had to look into history to see where a monstrosity like the EU would lead them.

Soon you'll be like the USA and only a fraction of your taxes are paid to your Nation while Brussels will suck the wealth from your States and waste it away elsewhere.

top topics

join