It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A englishmen take on the final presidential debate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
A englishmen take on the final presidential debate.

I've just watched the final debate between romney and obama, and i have to say it seem like they were both arguing who more Faithfull to little israel and israel policies then american welfare, it seem like a debate about israel.

The money wasted on this american presidential race is absurd and insulting to the common man.

Both of them never came across as leaders of men, out of a nation with over 311 million people and these 2 are the best leaders America could find, it really is a WTF moment.

Untill america takes away the vast amounts of money wrapped up in the presidential race, you will never have a real leader from the people for the people.

Is there any different's between the two parties, they pretty much seem to agree on most things, almost reading from the same script.

Anyway thats my view from this side of the pond, plus just so you know romney portrayed as a idiot here in england, coupled with his ridiculous beliefs.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You're right on all counts. For a while there it turned into an Israel bootlicking contest. I want a President that is concerned with America not concerned with Israel a nation we don't even have a treaty with.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

Until America takes away the vast amounts of money wrapped up in the presidential race, you will never have a real leader from the people for the people.

Indeed! It's farcical. Though the Westminster system isn't perfect by a long shot, it works much better than this garbage.

IRM

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Political carreers should be a privelidge, not a lucrative carrer.

The day this happens, is the day we see our countries ran for the better of all our people.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Question is, whos fault is it ? Is it the leaders fault, or is it really the peoples fault ?

I found this little gem over at Uncle Jeff's website today, and I think it is quite fitting:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Except Obama didn't double the deficit. November 2008 it was 1.2 Trillion. Now it is 1.1 Trillion. There are plenty of things to get angry about when it comes to Obama but enough of the lies.

This is a race of the shiniest of two turds (Abe Lincoln).

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Comment Retracted.
edit on 23-10-2012 by TheMaverick because: Because i can.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Have to admit that I deeply dislike the way the media hypes this up, it seems more, I don't know the right words, but more like a school popularity contest than a way of demonstrating which candidate is best suited to help America out of the mire she find herself in.

However taking a long look at Westminster and a long look across the Channel at the continent, I can't help but feel we are all stuck in an age of political mice rather than the political giants we actually need to fix how messed up things are.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's funny how no country ever comes out in defense of the Palastinians and their right to a state. Probably deemed political suicide

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Except Obama didn't double the deficit. November 2008 it was 1.2 Trillion. Now it is 1.1 Trillion. There are plenty of things to get angry about when it comes to Obama but enough of the lies.

This is a race of the shiniest of two turds (Abe Lincoln).

I thought it was that the annual deficit was $1.1 Tril, while the overall defict has grown to $16+ Tril?

Kicking the can down the road?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

I have to agree with you. The money spent on these things could solve world hunger and wipe out the deficit. Both men also near complete agreement on most all matters outside the economy, so why Romney is even running is a mystery. Happens that he is a crony of big business and industrial polluters and will take their side over the workers and the environment every time! This is why his GOP party of industry giants, big businessmen and billionaires want him in.

They even concocted a plan 4 years ago to whine and complain about Obamacare and most of all DO NO HIRING of employees and layoff if you can. This has been the strategy they have used to try and unseat this President (as well as stick it to the workers, women and immigrants) and what Romney means when he says he can work across the isle. It is no isle. He is saying we will NOT see the Republican grid lock we see now if he is elected. The GOP has been holding America and her people hostage these 4 years JUST to make sure this is a one term president.

That is the depths this party will go. Say what you want about Dems. If we are asked to "cut our own child in half" we will not proceed to gleefully slice away but we will give the child away to the other side. Give it away before we would kill it. Not so the GOP. They will kill us all if we do not stick to their plans. They'd rather force Americans to suffer than see someone else run the country. Is this any way to run a party?

I imagine Romney's bluster and pomp resonates poorly among any humbler people. Most people here who are smarter than a bag of rocks recognize Obama's limitations and missteps but we also see through Romney's lies and recognize a "Bush clone" when we see one.

edit on 23-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Quite frankly I've stopped keeping track with the deficit numbers or the spending numbers and all other financial numbers for that matter. I regard money as being without the slightest value, meaning the numbers don't mean jack, and have no relation to real things anymore. History shows, that when a system is broken and doomed to fail, it will be destroyed and replaced with something else sooner or later. So why bother with numerical details.

top topics

join