It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyewitness UFO Sighting. Montgomery, AL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Listen.. I've never actually seen a UFO in my life. This is my first one and it happened just 20 minutes ago.

There is no pictures. No video. Just me, my dog, and this lone UFO that happen to be flying around.

I'll tell you what happened, what I actually felt and what I think.

I've just got done doing some burpees, It's morning, so let's take the dog out for a whiz. It's still right before dawn, dark enough to see the stars in the sky, but not quite light enough to see the horizon. I grabbed a football to toss around while I wait for my dog to do her business and I toss the ball up into the sky and see an orb like the ones in those fake UFO videos. Now, there are 4 things that tells me this was a UFO:

1. Every time I look into the sky and see a flying object.. I immediately check to see if there are any blinking lights, there were NONE. No red lights, no yellow lights, nothing blinking at all.

2. The flying pattern was unusual. After 5 seconds I seen it make turns that a plane can not make. Not to mention there was no sound at all.

3. The altitude was higher than any I've seen, which is why it caught my attention. I've never seen a plane fly that high to the point where it looks like a faint light to the naked eye. Not to mention I live on a hill.

4. It vanished right before my eyes. If you've ever been to Montgomery, you know there are barely any trees blocking your view from the sky. This thing vanished, no barely any clouds in the sky at the moment. That means it could have cloaked itself (It sounds strange to suggest this) or it swiftly went to higher altitude.

\When I seen this UFO and actually realized it was a UFO, I thought about all the threads that I thought could have been fake.. I thought about all of the threads that are being made as of right now. There are SO many sighting that are coming up from around The States WITH VIDEO. There are probably tons more like me without video or pictures! Of course I'm sure you guys have thought about that already.

Does this mean this is an alien? Probably. I can't say that it was because I just don't know. But now I've seen one with my own eyes. I know that the possibly of us being visited is higher. I'm now more inclined to look at "crazy" alien theories actually consider them possible.

I've been waiting a long time to see a UFO. I remember about 5 years ago, I looked at the sky and wanted to see one so bad. I have to say it feels REALLY good to see something different on this planet and I can tell that this is an image that will be etched in my mind forever.

I'm off to read all of these sighting threads that have been blowing up the feed as of late.. something may really be happening.

Ja na.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
THank you for posting your view. I wish i was in your place to see that thing .

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'm guessing that you saw this within roughly three hours of sunrise or sunset.

Given that it vanished, I would say that what you have seen is a satellite. If so, the odd movement you observed was actually your own very slight movements interfering with your observations.

I know because I live in an area of low light pollution and see them whenever conditions are right.

If you get a program that maps the movements of satellites(WXsat is one) you can input the exact time that you saw the satellite and easily figure out which one you saw.(Usually there are 5 or 6 visible within a 5 minute window).

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I agree with OccamAssassin , the perceived moment could have been a trick of the eye .
Here's a graphic to explain why we see satellites after Sunset and before Sunrise .

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I agree with OccamAssassin , the perceived moment could have been a trick of the eye .
Here's a graphic to explain why we see satellites after Sunset and before Sunrise .

Thanks for this one. It's most definitely possible, and probably so, given the time. However, I want to give a little more detail.. this sighting was only for about 20 seconds. And the perceived movement is not faulty on my eye. This thing moved over a fair amount of noticeable distance in that 20 secs. as I stood still and observed it. I understand that if it moved a little bit and my standing sway made it seem like an illusion.But this thing went from point A to point B. Even still, you guys could be right.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

And the perceived movement is not faulty on my eye.

Not a fault as such more of a quirk known as Autokinetic effect ... I've experienced it myself
, this may explain it .
Autokinesis

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I was pretty hyped about this one recounting--I have a personal interest in Montgomery UFOs--until I realized the OP was unfamiliar with autokinesis.

Don't we all know what that is before we know it has a name? I did. The effect is a minor one to me and easy to see through.

So I said that to say this: Probably it was autokinesis and a satellite, but then again maybe it wasn't.

But guys…don't be surprised when they do turn out to be balls of light.

S&F for a well-written and passionate account…let the heads roll where they may!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Check this out :

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I feel like I might know what you are talking about. I was driving down this long road on my way home at sunset a few weeks ago and i looked at the sky and saw an orb like thing in the sky. It was too big to be a satellite and yet WAY to high in altitude to be an airplane. The thing was that it didnt move, it just stayed there, and then another one appeared, like it just faded into existence. This one did move though and it moved kinda slowly across the sky. Then another one appeared and it just stayed still like the first one. Then after a few minutes, two of them faded away and only the original one remained. It was a strange experience because none of it was fast moving, it was just sort of calm. But this was my first ufo sighting and I also live in Alabama and a LOT of my friends and family have been mentioning seeing strange things in the sky lately, like without me bringing it up, so it seems like something is going on.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Mizzijr

And the perceived movement is not faulty on my eye.

Not a fault as such more of a quirk known as Autokinetic effect ... I've experienced it myself
, this may explain it .
Autokinesis

AWWW LOL This definitely cleared things up. Thanks again

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

But now you know how to observe better

top topics

join