It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Dustbins US Navy with the Bayonets and Horses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I hope the entire US Military was listening to what their Commander in Chief said last night. I hope the ship builders and sub-bases in Virginia and Maine and Connecticut were listening closely as well. During the debate, Obama told us all what he thinks of the US Navy. According to him It's a thing of the past, like bayonets and horses. We don't need to have a strong Navy. That is the message of what he said. I know that Obama's fans will say differently ... but that IS what he said.

Obama: "You mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets." Transcript of presidential debate - ABC News

:shk:

America Needs a Strong Navy

America’s Navy is our nation’s front line in war and in peace, operating on, above and below the sea. Think of your Navy as America’s “away team,” deployed around the world, defending our nation’s interests every day, working to deter conflict from starting and being in place if that deterrence doesn’t work. ...

Today, Navy ships fight on the sea; Navy submarines fight under the sea; and Navy aircraft fight over the sea and ashore, taking off from and returning to our Navy’s aircraft carriers.

This ability to act from the sea gives us the power to protect America’s interests — anywhere, anytime. The United States is a maritime nation, bounded by oceans on both sides. Consider that water covers about 70 percent of the earth’s surface, 80 percent of the world’s population lives near the sea, and 90 percent of world trade travels on the sea.

Navy Week
Status of the US Navy
US Navy - Service and Safety .. Emergency and Fire Rescue ..
Navy Seals Rescue Two Aid Workers In Somalia
Youtube - Naval Rescue Missions
US Navy Search and Rescue Over Japan

etc etc

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Enough said.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Nooo don't drag facts in to this, I'm tryin to be outraged here!!

And OP is there any reason you decided to start another thread identical to the one that just popped up in the New Topics and that you're currently commenting in?
edit on 23-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm not for either candidate. What Obama said was that quantity of ships to do not equal quality. It's better to have an aircraft carrier and nuclear sub than 20 outdated fishing ships which are weaponized ala Somalia. I will let the experts argue over if Obama's detailed plan is better or worse as far as Navy capability. But what he said last night was that today's Navy uses weapons and strategies that can not be quantified by counting ships.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Better yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

No that's NOT 'enough said'.
China and the rest of the countries listed don't do nearly as much as our US Navy does.
And our Navy does much of the protecting and policing for other countries.
We need a strong Navy.

Originally posted by Hawking
And OP is there any reason you decided to start another thread identical to the one that just popped up in the New Topics

This is NOT an 'identical thread'.
Is there any reason you decided to try to shut down a PRO-NAVY thread?
Personal bias perhaps?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I really do find it funny seeing such comments brought up when it comes to any real or proposed US Military spending cuts. I even saw one, a reply to a posting on a friends FB page a while ago, stating that the proposed cuts would mean America has one of the world's smallest military forces!
Seriously, where do people get this stuff?

The US navy may well have fewer ships than it did in 1916, but look at the size of those suckers and the firepower they have, not to mention the sheer numbers dwarfing the amount of vessels able to muster from other foreign navies. It's all utter nonsense and out of touch of reality to suggest that the US military is being weakened. Hell, they have even built vessels that were never deployed and were scrapped and never used. This is nothing more than protectionism on the part of politicians with arms manufacturers and shipyards in their states. Carry on building for the sake of building, whether the products are needed or not. But hey, it keeps the politician's stock portfolios ticking along nicely!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

No that's NOT 'enough said'.
China and the rest of the countries listed don't do nearly as much as our US Navy does.
And our Navy does much of the protecting and policing for other countries.
We need a strong Navy.

Originally posted by Hawking
And OP is there any reason you decided to start another thread identical to the one that just popped up in the New Topics

This is NOT an 'identical thread'.
Is there any reason you decided to try to shut down a PRO-NAVY thread?
Personal bias perhaps?

Lord knows you have no bias.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
The world (and ATS) does not need another neocon paraphrasing, misquoting, and simply lying about what Obama said just because they hate him so much.

1 - Don't tell me how to post. I know how much better than you do. You overquoted.
2 - I didn't lie or misquote. I posted EXACTLY what he said. He owns it.
3 - I'm not a 'neocon'. Just because someone exposes Obama doesn't mean they are pro-Romney.

Did he really say the US Navy was a thing of the past?

Yes. By putting it in the dustbin with bayonets and horses. By directly implying that we need the navy as much as bayonets and horses. OBAMA doesn't understand the mission of the US Navy and it's needs. Either that or he doesn't care. Pretty dangerous thing for a Commander in Chief.

You are just simply lying and it is outrageous.

Wrong.

Incredible mindset. Grow up.

Right back atchya.

edit on 10/23/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As I've stated in the FIRST thread about this topic....

There are more ships in the US Navy now than when Bush was president

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

My bias is that I have come to the conclusion that I can't stand Obama or Romney.
How about you people admit your pro-Obama bias and that you can't see the
fact that he dis'd our Navy. It would be the adult thing for you to do.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

My bias is that I have come to the conclusion that I can't stand Obama or Romney.
How about you people admit your pro-Obama bias and that you can't see the
fact that he dis'd our Navy. It would be the adult thing for you to do.

You should twist his words a little more, if you believe it enough, you might get some juice.

You people? Me? pro-Obama?
Calm down a little eh? I'm not claiming your pro-Romney, so relax, I know it's early morning perhaps skip the coffee?

Adult thing to do ? Funny from someone who was raging straight out the gate, mad that you think someone is claiming your a pro-whatever when in fact I never said anything of that nature, yet you accuse me.

You heard what you wanted to hear, it's like when people interpret holy books the way they want. You seem a lot more intelligent than that. So please don't play a fool.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

President Barack Obama sparked an onslaught of Twitter commentary, Google searches and fact-checking when he referenced “horses and bayonets” in Monday night’s third and final presidential debate.

"Horses and Bayonets" Tweets:

“horses and bayonets” is the new “binders”— Matt Mackowiak (@MattMackowiak)

Seeing a lot of outrage from military folks on Obama’s two sequestration jokes, esp. on the bayonets. A lot.— Ellen Carmichael (@ellencarmichael)

I guess that’s one thing you don’t learn as president. RT @pambestederWow! Just heard on Fox News that Marines STILL use bayonets!— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter)

Heh: RT @jpodhoretz Obama just lost the Civil War reenactors with that attack on bayonets.— Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin)

Speak louder and carry a big bayonet.— daveweigel (@daveweigel)

Presidential debate: Sharp reaction to Obama's 'bayonets'
By KATIE GLUECK | 10/22/12 11:17 PM EDT

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You are exercising correctly your right as a free citizen under US constitution. I cant see any wrong logic in what you are saying.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
The world (and ATS) does not need another neocon paraphrasing, misquoting, and simply lying about what Obama said just because they hate him so much.

1 - Don't tell me how to post. I know how much better than you do. You overquoted.
2 - I didn't lie or misquote. I posted EXACTLY what he said. He owns it.
3 - I'm not a 'neocon'. Just because someone exposes Obama doesn't mean they are pro-Romney.

Did he really say the US Navy was a thing of the past?

Yes. By putting it in the dustbin with bayonets and horses. By directly implying that we need the navy as much as bayonets and horses. OBAMA doesn't understand the mission of the US Navy and it's needs. Either that or he doesn't care. Pretty dangerous thing for a Commander in Chief.

You are just simply lying and it is outrageous.

Wrong.

Incredible mindset. Grow up.

Right back atchya.

edit on 10/23/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

You are just lying or trolling. You should be banned. You add 2 plus 2 and get 11. He didn't put the US Navy in the dustbin with bayonets. Does it really need to be explained to you? Okay.

Romney said the US Navy has less ships now than 1917.

Obama said we also don't have bayonets and horses.

Is he saying the US Navy is as relevant as a bayonet? Or is he saying we don't need AS MANY SHIPS because technology has advanced. And he even explained it so those with smaller cranial capacity could understand. He said we have aircraft carriers and submarines.

The point is that the size of the US Navy now and in 1917 has no correlation. Romney's point was idiotic and Obama correctly pointed out why. No-one in their right mind thinks Obama meant that the US Navy is not relevant. But I'm not expecting you to understand. You hate Obama and will see what you want to see. The hate the right has for Obama does not balance with the hate the left has for Romney. The US is screwed due to the mindset on show by the OP.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse

President Barack Obama sparked an onslaught of Twitter commentary, Google searches and fact-checking when he referenced “horses and bayonets” in Monday night’s third and final presidential debate.

"Horses and Bayonets" Tweets:

“horses and bayonets” is the new “binders”— Matt Mackowiak (@MattMackowiak)

Seeing a lot of outrage from military folks on Obama’s two sequestration jokes, esp. on the bayonets. A lot.— Ellen Carmichael (@ellencarmichael)

I guess that’s one thing you don’t learn as president. RT @pambestederWow! Just heard on Fox News that Marines STILL use bayonets!— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter)

Heh: RT @jpodhoretz Obama just lost the Civil War reenactors with that attack on bayonets.— Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin)

Speak louder and carry a big bayonet.— daveweigel (@daveweigel)

Presidential debate: Sharp reaction to Obama's 'bayonets'
By KATIE GLUECK | 10/22/12 11:17 PM EDT

Look at all the right-wing outrage. Obama's was so correct and they are soo mad!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioOne

I agree. Probably need less ships because now we have floating cities.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No that's NOT 'enough said'. China and the rest of the countries listed don't do nearly as much as our US Navy does. And our Navy does much of the protecting and policing for other countries. We need a strong Navy.

Don't you think this needs to stop? It's not America's job to police the world our Navy needs to be policing our shores not some other countries.
edit on 23-10-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join