It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third and Final Presidential Debate WAS NOT FINAL!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
i just want to remind and inform those who forget or those who did not notice it!
Final Presidential Debate was not yesterday but will be TODAY October 23, at 9 p.m. Eastern/6 p.m. Pacific Time.

link for more info

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
i just want to remind and inform those who forget or those who did not notice it!
Final Presidential Debate was not yesterday but will be TODAY October 23, at 9 p.m. Eastern/6 p.m. Pacific Time.

link for more info

In related news, Dancing With The Stars is having its 2nd big night of competition tonight, since being preempted last night by the presidential debate.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Any TV channels showing this event?
And please, none of the - "America remains the one indispensable nation" or "Well, I — I absolutely believe that America has a — a responsibility and the privilege of helping defend freedom and promote the principles that — that make the world more peaceful." - garbage.
Thank you.

Dr. Jill Stein all the way!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Viewers can tune into the third party debate on Tuesday night at 8pm EST on C-SPAN, Al Jazeera English and Russia Today, and streamed online at Ora TV and on the Free & Equal debate site.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm sure that the Green Party candidate is a perfectly lovely person, but I have more chance of flapping my arms and flying to the moon than she has of winning. The Libertarian guy looks slightly deranged, the Constitution Party appears to be the reincarnation of the Know-Nothings and the Justice Party appears to be three people and a small dog in Utah. So, a debate between these four lulus should entertaining but ultimately totally meaningless.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
I'm sure that the Green Party candidate is a perfectly lovely person, but I have more chance of flapping my arms and flying to the moon than she has of winning. The Libertarian guy looks slightly deranged, the Constitution Party appears to be the reincarnation of the Know-Nothings and the Justice Party appears to be three people and a small dog in Utah. So, a debate between these four lulus should entertaining but ultimately totally meaningless.

Right. Cuz the totally prescripted drivel in the debate last night had tons of meaning!

But hey, your entitled to your opinion. Just know this, I guarantee those four "lulus" care more about you and the good of your country than the jokers that debated last night do.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
Right. Cuz the totally prescripted drivel in the debate last night had tons of meaning!

But hey, your entitled to your opinion. Just know this, I guarantee those four "lulus" care more about you and the good of your country than the jokers that debated last night do.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

Personally speaking I think that Obama means what he says and that he's done a hell of a lot to pick the USA up from the massive hole in the ground where the idiot Dubya left it. The Romney Unit on the other hand is driven by faulty software and the need for people to stop questioning what he says and just obey orders. I loathe Romney.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Obama has continued all of that idiot Bushes policies. See this thread;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What Bush idiocy were you referring too, and would you care to show just what policies Obama has enacted that have moved us away from it?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Obama has continued all of that idiot Bushes policies. See this thread;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What Bush idiocy were you referring too, and would you care to show just what policies Obama has enacted that have moved us away from it?

Well, let's start off with the fact that Obama is now a net job creator. Then let's look at the fact that the Iraq war is over, that waterboarding is forbidden, that the USA now has Allies again and that the USA is no longer trying to annoy Russia with a useless missile shield in Eastern Europe. How's that to start?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Well, let's start off with the fact that Obama is now a net job creator.

Not exactly true.

However, CNN fact-checked that claim and found it to be "not the whole picture." Instead, CNN found that there has been a net increase of just 300,000 nonfarm payroll jobs since Obama took office. And if you count government jobs, there are actually 400,000 fewer people working today than in January 2009.

news.yahoo.com...

So he massively expanded government jobs, and still barely breaks even on jobs created. Also, the majority of jobs he created weren't as good as the jobs lost under him.

According to new analysis of unemployment data by the National Employment Law Project, while 60 percent of the jobs lost during the 2008-2009 financial crisis were in middle income occupations, the vast majority – 58 percent – of jobs created under President Obama are low-wage. Those jobs include “retail sales, food preparation, home health and customer service.”

www.breitbart.com... =Feed%3A+BigGovernment+%28Big+Government%29

A better look at the economic health of the country would be how is the middle class doing. Not good.

New income data from the Census Bureau reveal what a great job Barack Obama has done for the middle class as President. During his entire tenure in the oval office, median household income has declined by 7.3%.

www.forbes.com...

There are many other factors that can be shown as to how bad our economy is right now, but i digress. The point I don't see what policies Obama did different than Bush to create jobs, and as all of the facts show he doing a poor job, as things are worse now than under Bush. Both seemed to be more concerned with helping their corrupt rich Wall Street backers than helping the average person.

Then let's look at the fact that the Iraq war is over,

No thanks to Obama.

The last U.S. troops left Iraq in December 2011, while Barack Obama was president, but the “status of forces agreement” that governed the departure of U.S. troops was actually negotiated between Iraqi and U.S. officials in late 2008, under the auspices of President George W. Bush. In fact, none other than the Huffington Post actually pointed out that as president, Obama was actually interested in keeping troops in Iraq past the agreed-upon 2011 deadline, explaining that “the president ultimately had no choice but to stick to candidate Obama's plan -- thanks, of all things, to an agreement signed by George W. Bush.” Just six months before the Bush deadline, Obama tried to foist 10,000 U.S. troops on the Iraqis past 2011.

reason.com...

Also, the amount of troops overseas has actually increased under Obama, expanding in Afghanistan and other countries. This was shown in the thread I linked in my previous post. I really hope you read it.

that waterboarding is forbidden,

Ok. I give you that one. But that one increase in human rights is trumped by all of the things he as done going the other way.

To quote the thread I mentioned above;

And now in a moves that only Bush could have dreamed of, there was Obama's signing of the NDAA which allows for indefinite detention of US citizens.

Not to mention drones strikes and the kill list.

He was once a liberal law professor who campaigned against the Iraq war. Now, according to revelations last week, the US president personally oversees a 'kill list' for drone strikes in Yemen and Pakistan. Then there's the CIA renditions, increased surveillance and a crackdown on whistleblowers. No wonder Washington insiders are likening him to 'George W Bush on steroids'

www.guardian.co.uk...

Lets not forget; Obama has killed an American citizen by a remote control aircraft. This sounds like something anti Bush people could have only dreamed up as a worse case scenario, yet Mr. Nobel Peace Prize Obama did it an bragged about it.

continued next post...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

that the USA now has Allies again

Who, and in what capacity? Sure, other countries seemed impressed with Obama and how he sounded at first, what what policies did he issue to back that up? In fact, many countries hate us even more under Obama, you know, the Muslim world that Obama was going to get to like us. Turns out they don't like constant threats and drone strikes killing their civilians.

Most surprisingly, Obama’s approval ratings are even lower than President Bush’s before he left office in 2008. They dropped from 26 percent to 12 percent in Morocco, 9 percent to 5 percent in Egypt, 16 percent to 10 percent in Jordan and 22 percent to 12 percent in the UAE (though they did improve in Saudi Arabia, and tick up slightly in Lebanon). Obama’s unique background was supposed to make him a prime candidate to improve the relationship between the U.S. and the Arab world. But more than halfway through his first term, not only has there been no progress, it looks like relations are worse than before.

www.commentarymagazine.com...

and that the USA is no longer trying to annoy Russia with a useless missile shield in Eastern Europe.

Funny you should mention that. It led to one less ally, Poland.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Aside from that, according to the official Democratic platform, the plan is still on.

"The President is moving forward with a 'phased adaptive approach' to European ballistic-missile defense that will protect both Europe and the United States from missile threats emanating from Iran and elsewhere," says the Democratic platform for the November presidential election, in which Obama faces Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

www.novinite.com...

And Obama is still doing things to anger Russia. His stance on Syria for example.

How's that to start?

Not very good.

I respect your opinion that these issues may be the most important issues to you, but I think the issues that affect far more peoples lives would be the ongoing wars, the invasions of personal liberty, and the defaulting to corporate masters to siphon the wealth of the country that have been pretty much identical in the Bush and Obama administrations.

I know I went a bit off topic, but to steer it back on, my point is that the two parties are the same on almost every issue of importance. It appeared as if you wanted to mock different voices who are having there own debate because they were corruptly kept out of the others, and I think that is regrettable. I don't think it is a waste of time to listen to people with different ideas as to actually help our country.

At the end, which is more of a waste of time; watching people who have no chance of being President debate their ideas, or watching people who do have a chance, but have no ideas of their own and rely on their corporate masters for their policies?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The final presidential debate is next Tuesday, third party candidates that actually discuss the very things we discuss here on this website.

Anyone have an excuse as to why Romney or Obama won't discuss the NDAA, innocent civilians killed by drones, gay marriage, the war on drugs, college education, or immigration?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Obama’s unique background was supposed to make him a prime candidate to improve the relationship between the U.S. and the Arab world. But more than halfway through his first term, not only has there been no progress, it looks like relations are worse than before.

Like it or not good, bad or indifferent the Arab world respects strength more than wishy washy flip flop indecision.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Obama’s unique background was supposed to make him a prime candidate to improve the relationship between the U.S. and the Arab world. But more than halfway through his first term, not only has there been no progress, it looks like relations are worse than before.

Like it or not good, bad or indifferent the Arab world respects strength more than wishy washy flip flop indecision.

They also dont like weakness.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
They also dont like weakness.

They're all showing their best side to the camera...

new topics

top topics

join