It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Urge People To Be Prepared For Alien Contact

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
reply to post by thePharaoh

You know this how??

common sense

and things like
www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ether way even if aliens do come here the USA would shoot first and ask questions later no matter if they are friendly or hostile.
who gets to decide, how long before first noticing

I have all ways thought sending messages in to space was a stupid idea.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I remember when scientist Jerry Lewis turned into a really cool guy. The scientist on the Simpsons is another entertaining scientist. Scientist seems to be a broad term that includes those who don't really study reality.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Are we hostile towards farmed animals? No.

Yet after a period of growth and fattening we then slaughter them and consume them.

Get ready. Be prepared. The giants are returning.
edit on 23-10-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Ok, so I'm done fear-mongering.

But seriously, I suspect maybe the Giants are returning. Way too much history on them and hints about their existence, plus suggestions in certain religious texts that suggest they are from another planet.

It's possible. Theoretically, they allow the global population to grow beyond what the planet can take then they come and harvest the humans (come down, run riot, kill, maim, rape, torture, as warned by 'The Lord of Hosts' and commander of the giant army in the Bible text Isaiah). They save a select few Noah class people and then smack the planet with a comet/comet sized force weapon to start the whole process over again.

What happens to those who were harvested and taken off-world? I would hate to even think.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Also, I was watching Disney's Aladdin, the movie.

Aladdin gets the lamp. Rubs the lamp. Genie comes out and claims two important things.

1. That he's been couped up in that lamp for 10,000 years.
2. Aladdin is 'A LOT SMALLER' than his last master.

Probably nothing. Maybe not.
edit on 23-10-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
Just found this,sorry if its been reposted.Truly weird thoughts anyone?

youtube vid of 1min,excerpt from rt channel(russian?or english dont know)
snip

I laugh
at threads like this for they serve no purpose and do not do a darn thing for anyone. Scientists are in no position to warn anyone for they do not know anything except their chosen field of expertise and there isn't a single scientist that has any special knowledge about alleged aliens that allows them to issue warnings.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ha! They should speak these words to themselves!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Lets say the group, also knows as the NWO, also wrote the ending of the bible, giving everyone the idea of a "great deception".

What if the true great deception (the bad one), is that any aliens are bad. If aliens were in fact benevolent (good) wouldn't a NWO type organization want to paint them as the enemy?

Would explain why Hollywood hasn't come out with very many movies with "good" aliens in them for awhile. They are always bad, with destruction on the agenda, or coming for resources.

All hypothetical, would make a great idea for a movie!
edit on 23-10-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Prometheus is getting pretty close to what I understand as one of our many possible beginnings. It even uses Giants. Wooohoooo.

And takes from the babylonian texts the idea of a 'High God' sacrificing himself to make something else.

The bible speaks of the Watchers/Fallen Angels who not only mated with Humans but with everything and seemed to have the ability to genetically match up with any animal, to impregnate it and create something new, although completely corrupt.

Either way, religious/historical texts can be very entertaining.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It would be nice if we could get full disclosure by the end of the year. I think it would coincide nicely with the whole "December 21st" thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by cconn487

Prometheus is getting pretty close to what I understand as one of our many possible beginnings.

Try not to take it too seriously. Girl + octopus tentacle rape = alien? Riiiight...

Also: www.youtube.com...
edit on 10/23/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The Mexicans are coming! The Mexicans are coming! Prepare for contact! Bring beer and learn Spanish!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The human race needs to have spiritual leaders, not scientists for gods sake.
reply to post by Bodhi911

We've had enough of spiritual leaders with their witchdoctor catholic hocus-pocus for now methinks.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
It was also cover in Australia too on one of our own News station a few months back.

That was interesting, especially this quote:

www.youtube.com...=140s

The only thing he specifically mentions is nukes. Nukes that could damage technology or ressources the aliens were after. Why does he mention that specifically?
Just because of the severity of the nukes, or because he is considering the many reports of UFOs messing with nuclear facilities? It's a bit of a stretch that they know nothing about it by now, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Ahh, no.

She got pregnant from having sex with the guy who was infected. Because the virus is 'genetically open' it mutated the foetus.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Have you even seen the movie or just watched reviews of it?
edit on 24-10-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Ok
I'm getting prepared !
Lets see !
Clean underwear.
Um Trojans for all the probing.
Bible, I'm
sure they'll love that.

What the hell do they mean prepare? Push-ups ?

edit on 24-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Scientists are trying to study what they think the life of an alien would be, sounds like they want to make a comfort zone. I can see being prepared for the worst, but, I dont know, I just don't agree with this video.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
Ether way even if aliens do come here the USA would shoot first and ask questions later no matter if they are friendly or hostile.
who gets to decide, how long before first noticing

I have all ways thought sending messages in to space was a stupid idea.

I've thought about this quite a lot, and I'm not so sure I entirely agree with how people perceive that this would play out.

For a start, it's reasonable to assume that any intelligent species arriving here would check us out first. Any biological life form would be concerned about disease or the effects of our environment on them. They wouldn't be just rushing in and propose having coffee with the Pres.

So, if surveillance were probable, it's plausible that they would witness war and violence, and they would see our weapons in action. Therefore, they would understand that we would probably shoot at them. It could also be suggested that if they saw how violent we are towards each other they might not think we are ready to meet them.

The biggest problem we have is that we will always see any arriving life form through Human eyes. No matter how hard we try, we will never be able to assess how an alien species thinks or feels, or what their objectives would be. We have no frame of reference and we always seem to give them Human qualities when we're talking about their motivations or behaviours.

We have the objectives and thought processes we have because of millions of years of evolution on Earth. While we might go to another planet looking for resources or for scientific adventure, they might pop here just for the lulz.

What I mean is, everything about them would be alien to us from their appearance to their thoughts and motives. We will never be able to "predict" anything about them, until they actually arrive and we encounter them. Their actions will then dictate how we start to form an opinion of them.

Those are my opinions, I'm not sure I have put my beliefs across very well though.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
so just who are these people on ATS who need to be prepared ?
if anything i will be prepared to be let down!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join