It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Urge People To Be Prepared For Alien Contact

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, Stephen Hawking did say he thinks Aliens will be bad and that we shouldn't try to contact them. That supports the scientists' views of 'violence and exploitation'.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Justin Bieber... He'll scare em' away, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ack Ack!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Now this is taking prepping to extremes. Are scientists trying to persuade us to attack the aliens if they come so we don't start questioning the validity of science? After all, they are the ones saying that aliens don't exist and are creating lots of technology to ruin our world. Maybe the aliens are going to come and take away our technology and scientists don't like to shovel manure.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
if i was an alien, and i wanted to "invade" earth....simply detonate several evenly spaced EMP devices around the globe and in near orbit...then they would only have to pick off any hardened underground targets that would be left.....or, better yet....a simple rapidly-spreading biological virus that only kills humans, leaving all animals and plant life alone. then they could sit back in orbit and wait, no battles, no losses, with the LEAST amount of effort needed.
the latter might be the reason for abductions, to see what exact biological process needs to take place to kill off only the human race
edit on 23-10-2012 by jimmyx because: addition

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I would be lucky enough to be alive when an alien species makes contact with the Human race.

That concept of luck has much to be said, I would love to get the news but probably would not think I was lucky in the aftermath of contact. Not even due to the aliens, I can do a good guess on how things would unfold and in any scenario I would probably not feel lucky at all, the best thing would be if the aliens that were very closely matched to our technological capability and even then it would probably result in some ugly conflict at first. I would petty any alien life we get to find that is below our level and we would be in trouble by even an extremely benevolent superior alien race. This is not a case of waiting for us to evolve sufficiently to accept contact, be it now or in a few millenniums (if we would be still around), the outcome would be mostly the same at least in how it would unfold in the short term after. One thing is certain the longer it takes the quicker we will be able to adapt to a new reality...

link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
if i was an alien, and i wanted to "invade" earth....simply detonate several evenly spaced EMP devices around the globe and in near orbit...then they would only have to pick off any hardened underground targets that would be left.....or, better yet....a simple rapidly-spreading biological virus that only kills humans, leaving all animals and plant life alone. then they could sit back in orbit and wait, no battles, no losses, with the LEAST amount of effort needed.
the latter might be the reason for abductions, to see what exact biological process needs to take place to kill off only the human race

If I were an alien, I'd zip down here and screw Megan Fox. . . . Word...

link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Tbh, RT is probably more reliable than BBC, Fox, CNN in these days and times. They clearly don't appear to be a media outlet controlled by the main stream Hidden powers that be, which can I only be a good thing!

Maybe they is something in this?

Well they are more reliable because they aren't FOX, and aren't owned by Rupert Murdoch, also they don't report in the U.S. (If im correct, they report in Russia, and Canada and some other places.)

But im not understanding, how are we supposed to prepare when we don't even know what whats coming.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

If I was in the position that my race had mastered space travel, found earth and landed on it, I think I would just walk around acting hard...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryhulk

If I was in the position that my race had mastered space travel, found earth and landed on it, I think I would just walk around acting hard...

And now, after a wait of forty three years, and a journey of several hundred lightyears, we bring you.....

CHAVS FROM SPAAAAAACE!

Coming to a shopping centre, and standing outside a newsagents, looking shifty near you!

In some seriousness though, would it not be a great shame if it turned out that the only intelligent lifeforms outside our atmosphere, that we ever encounter, were ANOTHER bunch of phallus waving cave persons!!?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

If they have the technology to get here then they have the technology to overwhelm any of our defenses!
To have the audacity to believe we have any chance in defending ourselves from such a force is pathetic!
That's not to say we should lie down and give up should such an event happen but to say we will have to use
original thinking outside of the norm to respond to such a threat! I do believe that if ET does come to destroy us
they may not reveal themselves or their intentions to us! As a matter of fact they could be taking over our world right now, be turning us against each other and sitting back and watching the fireworks! Just a thought! If we do just happen to see ETs come down from outer space or inner space, I would believe without a doubt that we were being fooled by that which has manipulated us all for several hundred years or longer and that is other men!
For men will use any and all means to keep us down or from trying to take back the reigns of power that the olygarchy has had over us through the use of fear! So fear not these things with which we see, hear and feel but only know that there is nothing that time will not eleviate with knowladge gained to suppress our ignorance of the unknown! Man is the master of his destiny, let no being, emotion or event sway this truth from a determined mind!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
To be honest, I would rather aliens take us out than for us to take each other out. At least I'd get to finally see an alien before I die.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
can happen any time now or in the future time will show

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They want to give UN the authority to deal with the situation?

Boy thats a good one.

They can't get countries on a single planet to agree on anything, let alone fix anything. Lets throw the task of contact with a galactic civilization into the mix.

Any aliens who decided to contact them would probably wipe their minds of the encounter and make sure nobody else out there comes within a distance of 5 galaxies of the Milky Way.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Tbh, RT is probably more reliable than BBC, Fox, CNN in these days and times.

Just Chris, I'd say so too mate, they were the only ones (as far as I know) to report on the Argentine Government's recent decision to form a scientific UFO investigation commission..

link

.and they also gave quite a balanced (and non hysterical) interview with Leslie Kean about her book 'UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record':

link

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Alyona is so gorgeous

and for the OP
no such thing as aliens...whatever they are...they will be from here

peace

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Frost
RT is just as bad as US media, although probably not as brain dead repetitive.

She is super smokin hot I must say!

The hot news ladies is the only thing RT has going for it. I'd watch them read the phone book.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by IMSAM

Fema are already prepared... but they don't care about us. It is just for the elite.
Underground cities in China, Russia and the USA, and that's just what I know of.

Aliens are out there, they could arrive in the next 30 minutes or 30 million years.

FEMA camps are here for marshall law to prison rebellious citizens.

Underground cities to house the elite in case doomsday comes to fruition.

Aliens are out there, no question about this. *cough*Katy Perry*cough*

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Good memory, I remember that one too. Anyway, the substance of the message is valid, even if comes from not so reliable sources or if it was presented before.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

You know this how??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join