It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Urge People To Be Prepared For Alien Contact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by IMSAM

It's from RT (Russian Today)

AKA, The Putin Verks

and your point is? if its not coming from asociated press its propoganda?

lol

You guys kill me. You'll be the first to trash Fox as not real news, then you claim the ultra left wing RT is a bastion of facts and truth.

I guess "truth" means, whatever is closest to your point of view?
edit on 23-10-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by jazzguy

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by IMSAM

It's from RT (Russian Today)

AKA, The Putin Verks

and your point is? if its not coming from asociated press its propoganda?

lol

You guys kill me. You'll be the first to trash Fox as not real news, then you claim the ultra left wing RT is a bastion of facts and truth.

I guess "truth" means, whatever is closest to your point of view?
edit on 23-10-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

The "truth" on ATS is whatever matches the conspiracy ! Anything that conflicts with the conspiracy is lies by TPTB and NWO

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Because a new council in the UN with the potential power to represent our entire planet would keep us safe?????

Welcome the NWO, this is just smokes and mirrors to set up intercontinental councils, which will ofcorse be unelected and have authority over regional governments

I don't think the whole aliens and ufo hype that has been going on recently has anything to do with aliens, ufo's or any potential risks, its purely justification for furthering the one world government.

Namaste.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

I'm still waiting for someone on ATS to direct me to a news source that's totally reliable.

I find it quite frustrating constantly reading posters jumping in a thread saying its from Blah Blah news channel..move along.
All news is bias with a agenda i'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Having watched the RT 'article' regarding the possibility of interaction with an alien intelligence, I have to say that the blatancy of the sensationalism is somewhat staggering. While it is quite right that a group of scientists would naturally tell us to prepare for the worst, it is natural not because of the possible psycho-pathological make up of the visiting species in question, but because being prepared for the worst is the best response to ALL unknowns. It is our natural fall back position as a species, if only because it has served us all very well for this to be the case. I live in Britain. I also purchase sun cream, despite the wet weather, because I know that when and if it DOES become sunny, I will likely burn like an over cooked sausage.

In a similar fashion, preparing for the worst case scenario where alien intelligence and our contact with it is concerned, would seem to be the best approach. That way, we can be plesantly suprised by positive elements of any potential contact. I do not believe that a group of the most intellectually capable people on the face of the planet, have essentially written a document which EXCLUSIVELY warns the human race of its impending doom at the hands of a purely hypothetical species. No intellectual worth a damn would comment so strongly about anything without some form of evidence, and we know better than anyone, just how thin on the ground that is these days!

Another point comes to mind. The scientists have based thier assumptions on how OUR species has evolved psychologically and physically over the millenia of its existence, and it is true that our history, and our present, are full of examples of violence, hatred, xenophobia, and a whole host of self abusive, and utterly unproductive attitudes and behaviours. But we should remember, that those men and women who have been to space, those who, in the name of mankind as a whole, as much as thier own governments, have explored the furthest reaches of mans influence, have been sterling examples of the BEST we have to offer. Intelligent, decent, strong, and capable of great acts of courage and will power. If the scientists base thier assumptions about intelligent non terran life, on human expirience of growth of thought, then it stands to reason that by thier own logic, those who would visit here in the name of a far of world, will NOT be the beserker warriors, or the genocidal maniacs amongst thier species.

I am not saying with certainty that the visiting species will be all goodness and light, because none of us on earth deserve, nor are likely to recieve, that kind of luck in the lifetime of our species. But there is no reason to prepare for the worst, without accepting that the worst may never come, that our attitudes towards intelligent life may prove not to be in any way informed when compared with the hypothetical reality we may encounter.

We must be prepared to defend ourselves, but we must also prepare ourselves to welcome, to learn, and above all to understand our place in the universe ever better, if given the oppertunity to do so. To prevent ourselves from welcoming what could be a friendly or at least not dangerously terraphobic species to our world, would almost be a worse fate for mankind than our outright destruction at the hands of sociopathic spacemen from another world.

A thought to leave you with. Would you rather die by the hand of your fellow man, by nuclear fire storm, or by bullet or blade, or would you rather be destroyed by something alien, something overwhich you have no power, and no understanding? Would it not be a comfort to you in your last moments to know, that at least mankind did not kill itself? Would it be no comfort to you to know that despite all the hate we have shown one another, at least we had a chance in our own company? We have spent so long hating one another on this planet, hating therefore ourselves as a species, that in my opinion, being ended by something outside of human expirience would be a blessing, another piece of luck we do not really deserve.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Anybody else catch Obama last night:

We need to be thinking about cyber security. We need to be talking about space.

Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

" group of scientists overseas ? " which "seas" .. where's the royal pdf?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Gimme RT over the bbc anytime. Dont even mention the american ms media unless your gonna laugh. RT has some great cutting edge stories and is far more international than any othernews service i can think of. Watch Max Keiser ripping the financial system to pieces for instance. You would never see that on her majesty`s BBC.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't know but she's pretty cute I could watch and listen to her all day.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by IMSAM

Fema are already prepared... but they don't care about us. It is just for the elite.
Underground cities in China, Russia and the USA, and that's just what I know of.

Aliens are out there, they could arrive in the next 30 minutes or 30 million years.

Good God....thats a relief to know. I always considered those FEMA-camps for us...the common footsoldier.

sec.line

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Rt Russia: part of the soviet propaganda machine
Fail

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
Gimme RT over the bbc anytime. Dont even mention the american ms media unless your gonna laugh. RT has some great cutting edge stories and is far more international than any othernews service i can think of. Watch Max Keiser ripping the financial system to pieces for instance. You would never see that on her majesty`s BBC.

how many times have you seen RT "ripping" Putin???.....c'mon, in this day and age you need to dig through piles of you know what, to come to some type of credibility as far as what is the true news

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Tbh, RT is probably more reliable than BBC, Fox, CNN in these days and times. They clearly don't appear to be a media outlet controlled by the main stream Hidden powers that be, which can I only be a good thing!

Maybe they is something in this?

The problem is that all of the media are controlled by special interests, it just depends on those interests and who is benefiting.

The BBC is never very critical of the UK government, whether it's left or right leaning, they rarely report on civil unrest and protests here in the UK, and it's shocking to see some of the stories they resolutely refuse to report even when other countries are openly discussing it. The US media is more strongly biased on the left and right issue and don't really care who is in power. They are more corporately controlled and have their own financial interests when it comes to the owning corporation and their advertisers.

RT is biased, and they almost exclusively focus on civil unrest around the world highlighting when the US and UK governments are involved in anything. They rarely report on the poverty, protests and unrest in Russia, and while the UK was reporting on the protests and thug police in Russia arresting random people for just voicing their opinion, RT was reporting on the protesters in NY being beaten by those cops.

All MSM is biased. RT is no different.

The best thing to do is watch all of them, see what they choose NOT to report as well as what they are reporting. Their opponents across the water will report on the things your media doesn't want you to know. Also check out what is happening on line. Citizen journalists are more important now than ever before, and many more people are trusting on line sources more than their biased national media.

The story in the OP is a little "out there". There seems to be a lot of conflicting information, with many scientists saying an encounter is highly unlikely, and others (perhaps wishful thinking) are suggesting it could happen any day now.

Based on probability alone I think it's highly unlikely we'll be seeing this in our lifetimes. Considering the history of the Human race, we are here for a very small window of time, do any of us really believe that we would be lucky enough to be here at the perfect time to witness the most important event to ever happen to our species?

I truly believe that anything is possible, but when it comes down to it, I think it's highly improbable that I would be lucky enough to be alive when an alien species makes contact with the Human race.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yeah il go with that, I think thats a fair judgement. I guess im bias being english and despising the bbc.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm as prepared as I'll ever be.

I figure I'll hold a pumpkin pie in one hand and a shotgun in the other and them aliens can pick whichever one they want. Don't make no difference to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

~No, aliens are not most likely to be darwanian, because thats a recepie for self destruction. The human belief in "survival of the fittest" translates into "survival of the greediest and coldest and most uncaring and unloving" and its why our societies are basically just labor camps inside a debt system. Its divide & rule. Turning people against each other in competition for limited resources (like money, which only exists as numbers in computers in a economic system based on exploiting more and more every year, otherwise its not economic growth and we are in a depression!). Its all insane.

Sometimes I get amazed by the tripe some people come up with...

First given that we have only one example of how life works and it is mostly darwinian the best guess will place any other life in the same path. Unless you are hoping for any sort of religious creation meme or a controlled experience (that to a point will not invalidate some darwinian traits, but result in a more directed a nd less chaotic evolution) I do not see what theory you would be proposing as an alternative. That alone would be useful to understand where you are coming from...

Second, evolutionary theory does not dictate political or economical systems, in fact evolution demonstrates the contrary of what you are talking about if applied to social systems. The optimal structure in nature and the only one that seems to permit complexity is cooperation and symbiosis it even points to a reduced importance of individualism from multiple cell organisms to the fauna that constitutes the human body to ant colonies of bee hives there is a clear indication that social complexity ultimately leads to less conflict at the cost of a greater uniformization and stricter structures.

All basic life imperatives it will always to the cycle like the expand, survive and coordinate by that order of importance and each subordinated to the previous step. From bacteria to higher complexity when life discovers the unknown the simplest way to deal with it and learn is to take the initiative and attack if you think about it strictly from a strategic view point it is the best option, this imperative is only changed when the organism is complex enough to comprehend that it will not survive the confrontation or due to past experiences (conflict) has learned that there is a optimal gain in coordination even collaboration, but that is a learning process. This is why virus and bacterias can kill you even if we can not attribute an intention of attack the aggressive taking of resources that do not belong to them is an aggressive action...

edit on 23-10-2012 by Panic2k11 because: minor clarification

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No need to get prepared, the aliens are already here... they control the Illuminati. Maybe we should prepare for interstellar war, the good guys are on their way to free us from this prison planet.

edit on 23-10-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I'm as prepared as I'll ever be.

I figure I'll hold a pumpkin pie in one hand and a shotgun in the other and them aliens can pick whichever one they want. Don't make no difference to me.

If they choose the pie in the face they might not like that. But then you can use the gun afterward. :-)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by kudegras

And so it begins. Mainstream media albeit in Russia?

Russian news in Russia is in Russian.

Say that three times fast.

Easy Peasy Boncho.

Say this 3 times fast.

Good blood, bad blood.

or

Mixed buscuits, buscuits mixed.

On topic. RT are compromised, like the rest.
An agenda is being played out here.

Interesting things to come, surely!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join