It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio State medical student beaten by police, looking for help finding witness video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Recently in late August, a friend of mine was beaten by police while away at school. There is a current campaign to help find witnesses who were on the scene at the time to piece together a lawsuit. Joe is a good kid and while I do not know the full story, I am doubtful he was causing trouble. There is NO VIDEO of the incident currently, only a video demonstrating his character to those around him and two screen shots of the incident. If you are around the OSU area, please share this story in hopes of coming up with video evidence, thank you.

Link to Facebook Page with video (can't embed)

This video describes the police beating of Joseph Hines (an honor student from Jackson, Michigan, who was recruited to Ohio State University's "College of Medicine School of Allied Medical Professions".) This police beating took place across from the Student Union at Ohio State University on Aug. 29th, 2012 at 11:45pm. This video will show you the community, family, and young man that were affected by the poor judgement of the police. There were several witnesses who videotaped/filmed this incident, and we're looking for people to come forward. If you have any information, please inbox the group, or email us at [email protected]. Please support this page and spread the word, as we bring justice to this young man and his family.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

May be a good idea to flood the forums of nearby colleges and universities. Possibly the school's online newspaper as well.

My thought is that there were not many ATS-ers who witnessed the incident.

edit on 23-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well as an ATS member you would normally need to post what the initial charges are. However, I understand wanting to avoid police recognizing your efforts...

First go to the location and walk around. Look for businesses that have cameras.

Mostly money places,atms, and banks around the area. Do not go in and ask yourself or even initiate contact. Find the places and get their names and locations..

You friend needs to get an out of town lawyer... have the OUT of town lawyer contact those people for the tapes... he should be smart enough to get the tapes for those dates with some subpoena... without giving a reason...

From there you might be able to get a recording or findout who was in the area... Also, get the names of the LEO's

The number of honest ones I have met I can count on one hand... dig up dirt on them as well..

have fun... be careful

ps do not flood the area with fliers or other garbage that will give them a heads up... first get the tapes from business's tapes

edit on 23-10-2012 by ripcontrol because: country aint country no more

join