It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The king is dead? Credit card vs. Cash.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There will soon be cash only Health Clinics popping up in every town when National Healthcare takes full effect. Having cash on hand will literally be a lifesaver.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I have no problem paying on time. I always make sure that the payment is sent a few days before.the due date. I pay using online banking, so there is an electronic "trail".

It really does go back to what the other poster said--personal responsibility.

My husband and I wenton a cruise in July--$900 was paid for with credit card rewards.

So if you are responsible with your cards ( we pay them off in full each month) there is NO reason to be afraid of them.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Well if America had more people like you then we wouldn't be in the financial mess we are in now would we? Oh there is one other thing that banks would do that is also in the T&C. They can raise your interest rate anytime they wish even if you are paying on time. They defend this by looking at your other credit accounts and even by your payment history. Like only paying 1% of the balance each month

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
What happened to good old Bartering, eh? We are so busy running the gauntlet of interest, inflation and fees that we don't have time to barter anymore.

So come on, let's see, any reason out there why we/YOU are not bartering goods and services, but instead believe money (wether cash or credit or cheque) is what we need to live?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

Got rid of my credit cards back in '88.

Yep I do buy cars on credit, though with a stiff downpayment and pay them off as fast as possible.

Cash though is not the king....more like the prince.

Credit is the courtyard jester making fun of you.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I've not had a CC for over ten years, and have a stagnant bank account so I can "tick their box" when needed. But bartering...you can't lose money, if you don't have it. You would be surprised at what people are willing to barter for. I wonder why more people don't trade/barter goods and services...because they're too busy chasing inflation, interest and fees?

Barter, people. BARTER should be the King, with cash as prince, and like u mentioned, the court jester called Credit...
edit on 27-10-2012 by 3Dplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

I`ve been watching these slow implementations moving toward to a chip/mark for everyone for approx the past 30 years on and off,It has to be global eventually and have always wondered how/when they will cover all nations, especially underdeveloped countries and their vast populations, but it is happening...

1.2 billion Indians are being put on a data base,eye scans and finger printed...

All in preperation to the final chip/mark.

Verichip in its early stages,had a logo on the top right corner of a falling star,now they are called positive ID.

Whether or not something will be implemented to Americans with the Obama care,as they say starting in 2013...

Things are moving quicker as time goes by,toward a cashless society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join