Horses and Bayonets............. the difference between Obama and Romney..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
His point was that warfare changes over the years...and the tools of war will change with it out of necessity.

And he thinks the Navy isn't necessary. That was obvious.
And it's also obvious that he is DEAD WRONG. :shk:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I have to say that I'm not sure you have the right to speak about what is best for the US when you live in the UK! Numbers in the military has always been important. Even if our Navy ships are technologically sound, the numbers still matter. Too few and we won't be in enough places at once to defend our country, regardless of how advanced they are!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

You can find the full list here , from the Washingtonpost.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainEnigma

I have to say that I'm not sure you have the right to speak about what is best for the US when you live in the UK! Numbers in the military has always been important. Even if our Navy ships are technologically sound, the numbers still matter. Too few and we won't be in enough places at once to defend our country, regardless of how advanced they are!

It's a discussion forum, he has every right to speak, who are you to say who has the right to speak? I suppose when someone says something you don't agree with, they shouldn't have the right speak, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

His point was that warfare changes over the years...and the tools of war will change with it out of necessity.

And he thinks the Navy isn't necessary. That was obvious.
And it's also obvious that he is DEAD WRONG. :shk:

There are MORE ships in our Navy now than when Bush was president...what's your point here??

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Maybe 'right to speak' was the wrong words to use. Everyone in this country and on ATS has a right to their opinion. That is not what I was saying.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

Then my apologies, I just didn't think anyone should be told they couldn't share their opinion or that is has less value because they are not a US citizen. I'll admit at first that upset me a little, but thank you for explaining.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Obama made that IGNORANT comment that our naval ships are in the same defunct category as bayonets and horses. I can't believe this idiot is our Commander in Chief. I hope the entire US Navy was listening as well as all the shipyards in Virginia.

:shk:

Sometimes people need to be reminded that the world advances. That perhaps that old steam powered car has been eclipsed by the modern automobile. Ships are needed, but not in the vast number that were required back in WWII. They rely much more on high tech systems, missiles and even targeting that simple mass numbers.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

There are MORE ships in our Navy now than when Bush was president...what's your point here??

I suppose that's technically true, but when it comes to ship building, its not something that happens overnight. The reason the Navy is larger now is because it started adding to its total number of destroyer class ships starting in 2005 and has continued to do so by 2-3 per year since.
edit on 23-10-2012 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The analogy used by Obama was wrong, to compare the decline of horses and bayonets to navy ships is ridiculous, horses and bayonets are no longer used in warfare, hence the decline, from what I've seen Navy ships are still used.

He wasn't comparing apples with apples and looks like most people fell for the false analogy he used.

Wouldn't want either of these guys running my bath, let alone my country.

edit on 23-10-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by herenow

There are some bad guys in there herenow. Remember The Roman empire and think forward quickely to today. The more things appear to change the more they stay the same. You have done your part to help inform people but remember you are under no obligation to make people to think and seek out the truth themselves. Its not your crusade alone and no need to go further with this.

Nearly 45 years ago I was sentenced to five years in a federal prison for my beliefs, at this stage of the game, I am not to concerned about bad guys.
But thanks for your concern

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFlan

I note your location in 'Zombieland'...?

Maybe because of your fantasy orientated mind you may have lost a sense of what's being said...... by Obama or others too.......maybe lost sense of reality.....?

He used the Analagy of 'Bayonets & Horses' NOT in a direct comparison but in the sense that warfare and therefore obviously resources change over time............

It was not a slander on the armed forces or the Navy in particular............... BUT if you think it was a genuine criticism of the armed services then TBH I don't think you should have a vote......

Regards

PDUK

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Mitt Romney truly is clueless. From his geography being below a 6th grade level to his whining about ships. He is only good on stage when he makes vague genral promises while not giving us anything specific.

As a result, he should continue to just be vague. American voters don't care. They hear his words and get happy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Obama and Romney are just two warmongers in a pissing contest over who's bayonet is bigger.

Vote third-party. And, no, I don't mean Rosanne.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
And you still think there is a difference between Republicans and Democrats.. that's the problem, sir.

Obama = Romney. Follow the money, not the rhetoric. They both want war with Iran, they both don't think the Federal Reserve is an issue, they both support all AIPAC-led legislation, they both support the NDAA/Patriot Act, they both like ObomneyCare, and they both have taken actions against the 2nd amendment. I have proof of everything I just said.

The lesser of 2 evils is never the right decision.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Obama made that IGNORANT comment that our naval ships are in the same defunct category as bayonets and horses. I can't believe this idiot is our Commander in Chief. I hope the entire US Navy was listening as well as all the shipyards in Virginia.

You so misinterpreted this. What he is saying is that our modern navy is way beyond needing little fishing vessels to win a war and that our giant aircraft carriers were doing the work of 10 ships of the past. He pointed out that Romney is out of touch with the modern military and what its needs are. When Romney said we have fewer ships now than we had in 1916 and Obama follows up with yes and we also have fewer bayonets and horses because thinking we need more ships is akin to thinking we need other archaic weapons as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
He used the Analagy of 'Bayonets & Horses' NOT in a direct comparison but in the sense that warfare and therefore obviously resources change over time............

He used the bayonet analogy -- like you say -- as a comparison to show the ignorance of Mitt Romney. However, in doing so, he exposed his own ignorance. The bayonet is to this day standard issue for Marines.

This just goes to show how this warmongering, Nobel Peace Prize-winning excuse for a president is so out of touch with the military.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

this is a big hint to all you Navy guys/gals that your jobs are next......

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No he didnt say that. He told Romney that the need for more ships was akin to the need for other archaic weapons when we have much better weapons now. You really failed in your understanding of this statement and you've raged about it over and over . No one here is going to change your view point and thats ok. You go ahead and think what you want. Your opinion is your own and you are entitled to it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Obama made Romney look like an idiot and everyone knows it. So the GOP is unsuprisingly trying to twist his words and make Obama look anti military. Im in the military and Obama knows what hes talking about compared to Romney.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join