It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share your car accidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I was driving down a road I wasn't familiar with and was unable to slow down in time before a hard left.

Speed was a contributing factor, as well as wet conditions & inexperience. I came over a crest at about 110kh (speed limit 80)

Saw the short distance between myself and the impossibly sharp turn about 50 metre's ahead.

Immediately started to apply the breaks which did nothing except to lock up the wheels, being a front wheel drive this then took away my ability to steer.

It felt like I was on a roller-coaster with no control over the vehicle, heading straight towards a telegraph pole.

I locked the steering wheel in both direction's twice during the slide.

We hit the power pole at about 90k/h and snapped it clean off at the ground before shooting down a bank into a field. My hands snapped the steering wheel clean off. There was a deep V shape in the front of the car. The car was covered with power lines as my three friends and I got out shaken but not seriously injured or electrocuted. Complete write off.

The power was off in the whole town for 3 hours, apparently everybody missed the series final of Idol.

The next few month's involved a lot of hitchhiking.

Share your crash survival stories ATS..pls

~Samuelis

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
In my 30 years of driving i can honestly say, none. I have yet to have a accident, not that i shouldn't have at times but managed to pull it out before it went bad.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
In my 30 years of driving i can honestly say, none. I have yet to have a accident, not that i shouldn't have at times but managed to pull it out before it went bad.

Same here.
Similar amount of time, the worst being a cracked indicator light plastic lens (the actual bulb was fine) as I pulled out of a parking spot.
I think I avoid serious accidents every day though. Nutters on the road.

And to the OP, make sure your next car has electronic stability control.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Someone pulled out infront of me a few years ago, wrote my car off. That was 2006 IIRC. Once span out on a corner and smashed in some blokes side door. (2004 ish) But that's it. 1 my fault, one not my fault. Had a few near misses, took a wrong turn on a roundabout once, had to go up a road to turn round and come back, when I got to the road I wanted, a massive smash had just happened. I'd have probably been in the middle of it if I'd not taken a wrong exit.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Two accidents so far.

1: Damn dutch rear-ended me. Thank you dutch for my new shiny Volkswagen Rabbit !

2: Slid out of the curve with a Toyota in the Winter into another car. Black ice. Nothing you could do.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

August 18, 2006,a stupid teenager driving a ford explorer,
ran a redlight,at high speed.I t-boned him in the intersection,
my toyota matrix was knocked clear across the road into the
oncoming traffic lane.
His car rolled over and landed with his tires sticking up in the air.
The impact killed my engine,knocked my radiator about 10 degrees
off,bent my car frame,my hood was crushed and all the oil was spilled
out over the road.
He had a head injury and I only had a seatbelt burn across my tummy.
A witness backed up my side of the story to the police.My car was a 2003
with only 13,000 miles on it.It was paid off and I had the title.His mother's
insurance paid for my 2002 volvo that I drive now.It only had 30,000 miles
on it when I bought it and it is now has 55,000.I don't drive very much.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Spun out on icy backroad and floored it rather than hitting the brakes. Sent me up an embankment into two trees. Took out both trees. Walked away, cut off the torn and mangled exhaust, pushed the car back down onto the road, drove home.

T-Boned by some woman at around 40 mph applying make-up at an intersection. Slammed right into the drivers side door.
Got out, walked over to her, saw she had a phone and I said "Call the police lady, my light was green." She said "I need to call my husband." I replied "call the damn police." Then I pushed my car across the road into a parking lot so other people could get by.

T-Boned again, at 50+ mph cresting a hill to an intersection. This time it was the passenger side that was hit. Shot my front axle clean out from under the car and sent the vehicle tumbling over the other side of the hill.
Got out, shook hands with the guy who hit me and offered him a cigarette (back when I smoked) while we waited for the wrecker and cops.

It's amazing what you can just get up and walk away from.

No airbags, vehicles were from 1987 and 1991.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
never had a ticket or accident ... always drove sportscars or motorcycles ... dont own any vehicles now as no roads out here ... though still do rent sportscars on occasion when am downriver back in "civilization"...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
More than 2 accidents

1. I hit head on with a person who ran the light twice. That's how slow they were going. Didn't see him because the 18 wheeler was on side of me

2. Drove my car up a snowbank with all four wheels off the ground. That was a doosie. Least I didn't have to shovel to get it down.

edit on 23-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My very first would have been with a Yamaha DT50 driving full speed on a wet field, front wheel slipped.
Then on a Honda CB750F a taxi hit me so hard his bullbar bent inward into the wheel. The bullbar had to be removed before he could drive.
Then with my dad's pickup I went around a corner too fast on a wet road. I maintain that the camber was off, the police maintained that I was mmessing around and made me pay for the street light that separated from its accompanying pole. After that there were a number of slight feder benders and slight bumps, mostly solid object that I for some reason didnt see.
My friend had a microlight aircraft and took me up for a flip, we tried to land on an old disused road and the wing clipped a tree at its tip. The microlight bounced off the road once or twice and when it touched earth the last time it veered off the road and crashed into a ditch. Both of us were fine, he was missing part of his tooth though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I was actually struck by a mini van as a pedestrian. I suffered a broken leg, severe contusions, scrapes, nerve damage in one leg and had to have a series of shots in my back and one in an arm. Talk about PAIN!

Every day I told myself that the next day couldn't possibly be as bad, but it was. Day after day without any relief in spite of pain meds. That ws back in 07. I have since won the case against the driver.

new topics

top topics

join