It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake-Causing Fracking to Be Allowed within 500 FEET of Nuclear Plants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I also wanted to read it. After a quick google, this is what I got,

"People need to understand, we're living in the world post-Fukushima, so we need to go back and review everything we think we know about the seismic threat situation around important structures like this power plant," said Bruce Gibson, a former seismologist who now serves as a San Luis Obispo County supervisor.

Well at least they have good intentions, I think.....

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Ah,Google - yes that's me told then.

I am thinking that perhaps even if the intentions may appear to be good the cash and the will to do anything very expensive may not be there. Certainly adding fracking under them into that mix would not be helping it any.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I was just trying to make an excuse for them.

I personally think that shooting loud noises in an environment where the animals rely on sonar and other fragile instincts doesn't sound like that good of a plan to me.

I know we need to map the floor, I get that. But we are always putting our human needs, (oil, clearing land, polluting waters, and etc.) ahead of animals. What makes us any more important?

(Nothing against you PM, I think we see eye to eye on this. Just ranting is all.)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I was not thinking that we did not - see eye that is.

I love this statement which means the project can NEVER go ahead if the take this a true.

"If the ship is coming within 1.1 mile of any mammal, not just a marine or listed, but any mammal, we have to shut down," Krausse told the California Fish and Game Commission on Monday.

So the boat is on auto pilot with no one on board then?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
www.commondreams.org...

Published on Friday, November 9, 2012 by Common Dreams Fracking and a Radioactive Silvery-White Monster: Radium Must be Left in the Earth by Karl Grossman

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join