It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of The US Population Deemed as Traitors?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Blind support for an illogical war, is in the long run a disservice to the country. Especially when that war has produced no rational accomplishment.

Waving flags and bibles without thinking about what you are doing does not serve this country.

We have actual problems that require focused attention, not foaming at the mouth fanaticism.

There is Peak Oil. Anyone talking about that?
Global warming. Bush only recently has quit denying its validity.
Over population.
Border control and illegal alien problems.
A swelling federal deficit.

The truth, terrorism is a nuisance, like mosquitoes distracting us from serious long term problems without easy solutions.
Some people treat terrorism and the war in Iraq like alcohol, it is an escape from many more serious problems.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Grady - your contemplating severing relationships with members of your family who would have voted for Kerry shows exactly what I fear - that the next President, be it Bush or Kerry, will have an incredibly tough time, because a portion of the population won't recognize him as their legitimate leader. If we count voter turnout (Bush was elected by about 22 percent of the population last time, if memory serves) and the incredible tension that this election campaign has produced on both sides - I estimate about 20 percent of registered Republicans will not recognize Kerry as their President, while the same number of Democrats will not recognize Bush as their President - that although the business of government may go on, I doubt very much the next President will be able to say "The state of our Union is strong" come January and mean it.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Grady - your contemplating severing relationships with members of your family who would have voted for Kerry shows exactly what I fear - that the next President, be it Bush or Kerry, will have an incredibly tough time, because a portion of the population won't recognize him as their legitimate leader.

There are those like myself who respect the office of the Presidency and will proceed with our lives as best we can. However, with a traitor in the White House life will have to change dramatically, because we will have to digest the reality that the President will be one who betrayed his nation and those who fought the war in Vietnam.

I have no qualms about limiting the interaction with others who have voted for Kerry to the most minimal manner as possible.

However, if Bush wins, I think then you will see what real national division is really all about.

And that's a prediction.

[edit on 04/10/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I have no qualms about limiting the interaction with others who have voted for Kerry to the most minimal manner as possible.

And so you've said quite a few times now, Grady.

However, if Bush wins, I think then you will see what real national division is really all about.

And that's a prediction.

Please elaborate on this 'prediction' of yours, why don't you?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My, what a scary thread this has turned into....

What are you saying, that if kerry wins, all the conservative christian right republican bosses will fire the democrats that are working for them? Kick them out of their apartments, refuse to sell them food in their grocery store, just what....

Often you become what you fear.....Americans (or at least a significant portion of them) fear the radical Islamics, and so they are becomming just like them. Clinging to their religion, while trying to sheild themselves from all who don't see things in the same way.....is a christian separatist movement in the herizon?

Reading this post makes me wonder.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by GradyPhilpottI would have to reconsider all personal relationships, including those of my family.

You are going to get hammered for that one so I will share the load m8, I would also feel that way...I posted the jist of the conversation with my mother....Even she understands what is at stake here.

- Opps!

What a give-away!

As for all this infantile garbage about Kerry being a traitor? LMAO!

It's not like no-one knows that attacking your opponents strengths is straight out of the 'Rove book of dredging the deepest crappiest gutter to do absolutley anything to attempt a win', right?

[edit on 20-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Looks like the prophecies of a divided America will come to fruition no matter who wins.

Grady

Actually, we really don't need a teenage foreinger to glibly comment of the internal affairs of our nation or the personal decisions of our citizenry. My suggestion is infinitely more complex than you understand, but those who read my words and do understand, will instictively know how to conduct their lives and relationships.

I think that the UK in particular has every right on a viewpoint regarding who is running your country, we need to know which country we'll be joining you in invading next.

And exactly what does "will instictively know how to conduct their lives and relationships" actually mean, are you actually threatening your friends and neighbours? I guess i'm lacking the instinct that is required to decypher this egotistical blurb.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is the scariest/saddest thread I've ever read on ATS. What the heck has happened to America? I knew that we've become much more divided since Bush took over, but I had no idea it was this bad.

I repeat, what the heck has happened to America? I haven't really cried in quite a while, but if I were reading this in the privacy of my home, tears would be flowing. A very, very sad state of affairs indeed.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
while the same number of Democrats will not recognize Bush as their President -

That already happened, with the Florida deal. Even after upteen recounts, they never accpeted it and now wnat to change the electoral college.

4 years later..the same.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

As for all this infantile garbage about Kerry being a traitor? LMAO!

[edit on 20-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

Infantile? Well I guess you are a bit young also.

"Just what does having a dishonorable discharge have to do with the ability to lead?"

I actually heard that comment the mouth of a 20 something union Kerry Voter. His 50+ Vietnam Vet union (also ProKerry) companion just fell silent....I could see his bewilderment in the wonders of the dumbed down youth.......His anger was obvious by his SILENCE.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Their both traitors... Their both backstabbing numbskulls. Their both disrespectful and insulting to the people of America and they insult and disrespect the consitution that made this country so great...

Instead they have their own ideas on how this country should be. We no longer have a republic but we have a democracy that isn't even a true democracy.

We have an elected representative democracy that is filled with corrupt elected officials.

And it's going to keep remaining that way until the r's and d's start recognizing the shanannigan's for what they are.... serious serious bs that is ripping OUR country apart everytime the congress is in session...

[edit on 20-10-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think GradyPhilpott, edsinger, and intelearthling emphasized it the best:

Either you agree with them, or you suck # and are worthless.

And that is no joke.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I think GradyPhilpott, edsinger, and intelearthling emphasized it the best:

Either you agree with them, or you suck # and are worthless.

And that is no joke.

HEY! What about American Mad Man? What about spacedoubt and elevatedone? There's more of us on here! We all think alike on the most part and you're absolutely right on your analysis!

Liberals=Traitors=Communists=Pacifists=Cowards=Anti-Americans=The Enemy=Al-Quada=French=Yellow-backs=Cry-babies=Low-lifes=Criminals

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Liberals=Traitors=Communists=Pacifists=Cowards=Anti-Americans=The Enemy=Al-Quada=French=Yellow-backs=Cry-babies=Low-lifes=Criminals

Thanks for making your ignorance so evident for all of us. I'm sure GradyPhilpott, edsinger, American Mad Man, spacedoubt and elevatedone are very happy about how you said they agree on this nonsense as well.

But tell me, in what way are liberals like communists and criminals? And pacifists like Al Qaida?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Forgot some:

Treehuggers=politicians=lawyers=Democrats

[edit on 21-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Can I use that as my sig?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Forgot some:

Well since you agree with him, why don't you answer my question, edsinger?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Because it is obvious from the other thread you need to be repeated to a lot...waste of time really.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Because it is obvious from the other thread you need to be repeated to a lot...waste of time really.

Don't give up now, edsinger. You were doing so well.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is inevitable that a very large segment of the American population will vote for a traitor and avowed war criminal on November 2nd, 2004. What we are to call those who will do so would probably be best addressed on a case by case basis. It would be unfair to lump the merely stupid in with the traitors.

Grady,............. it's nice to finally see you agree with the rest of us, that;

1) Bush and Co., ARE traitors
2)Bush & Administration ARE avowed WAR CRIMINALS
3) Finally, that there are "innocence of mind (stupid people, as you put it), that follows( Bush and his Administration) the TRAITORS, blindly and unknowingly to the slaughter.

Yep, I am sooooo pleased that you finally admitted to Bush's faults, for him because George Bush hasn't enough "back-bone" to admit the WRONGS that he has brought to our Nations and to the Iraqi Nation ,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join