It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traditional Turning - Fine Art of Creating Wooden Bowls and Such.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Amazing craftsmanship, creating high quality product, he has produced over 30,000 bowls!

Each one is a work of art in itself, quality, much better than eating off anything plastic.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Dear Komonazmuk,

I was a cabinetmaker, my equipment of preference was the wood lathe. I cannot tell you how empowering it is, the art and the ability to make useful objects. The best time in my life was making furniture with a wood lathe. Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Lovely! Thank you for posting. I can almost smell the woodshop.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Dear Komonazmuk,

I was a cabinetmaker, my equipment of preference was the wood lathe. I cannot tell you how empowering it is, the art and the ability to make useful objects. The best time in my life was making furniture with a wood lathe. Thanks for posting.

There's something almost mystic about this video, watched a few more of people using the wood lathe, truly an art, not something you can just start up and expect to do well at, takes years according to all these videos i've been watching. I really want one of these bowls lol.

Originally posted by signalfire
Lovely! Thank you for posting. I can almost smell the woodshop.

Wood working does have that certain smell reminds me of being a child and watching my grandfather cut wood and build all sorts of things, sadly I never was taught to do so as he died before he could teach me.

top topics

join