It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Republican, 71, Arrested For Penny Attack On Democratic Party Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is a good one.

A Florida man is facing a misdemeanor charge after he went to a Democratic Party headquarters and threw a penny at workers there, claiming that the change was "all he has left after being taxed by Obama," cops report.

The protest Friday evening ended with the arrest of Gary Root, a 71-year-old Naples man (and registered Republican). Root, seen in the adjacent mug shot, was charged with trespassing at the Collier County office where he offered his impromptu donation......

Florida Republican, 71, Arrested For Penny Attack On Democratic Party Office

He threw ONE penny ?

What an over reaction !!

According to a Collier County Sheriff's Office report, Root explained to deputies that he "tossed in a penny as a contribution as that's all he has left after being taxed by Obama."

I wonder if the Obama campaign accepted the one penny contribution ?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Assault and Battery

You've been an American longer than me. How can you not have known that? Ignorance of the law is a good sign of a sheep ready to get expletive.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The man was mad, wanted to place his blame elsewhere, broke the law and got arrested.

Root, who bonded out of jail yesterday after posting $1000 bond, had received a trespass warning in mid-May following an incident at the same Naples club. Two Democratic workers there described Root as an "ongoing problem."
This, just recently after another Democratic campaign HQ had been shot at elsewhere, makes me wonder just how you will spin this as an anti Obama thread.

The article's headline is inaccurate, obviously, as the "penny attack" had no relevance in the arrest. The repeat trespassing did.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Sek82 because: eta

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Now the rest of the story:

Root, who bonded out of jail yesterday after posting $1000 bond, had received a trespass warning in mid-May following an incident at the same Naples club. Two Democratic workers there described Root as an "ongoing problem."

Source the same as the OP.

He was arrested for trespassing on private property after being given a warning.

The penny had nothing to do with his arrest.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Dreamwatcher because: sek82 beat me to it while I was typing the post.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreamwatcher

Oh, well excuse me.

It's trespass to land. Tort law ftw

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by xuenchen

Assault and Battery

You've been an American longer than me. How can you not have known that? Ignorance of the law is a good sign of a sheep ready to get expletive.

Oh come on.... That's so far into the land of the utterly absurd, I honestly can't make up my mind which is worse. The fact grown adults in that office called Police to respond to assault with a penny.....or the fact police actually came and then up and DID arrest him for it.

The guy with the penny is really a clown too, but he's not the one going and building criminal records on people, either. He just threw a penny... Goodness.. I guess in a 1:Billion freak of fate, he could have maybe chipped a tooth or dislodged a contact lens. Thats a pretty dangerous desperado there..and 71? Hmm.. Nothing to lose.. Yup.. maybe he needs detained as a combatant? I mean heck, this over-kill reaction to absolutely everything anymore just seems to know no bounds..why not then?

What EVER happened to intelligence leading to the exercise of judgement that then often ended with discretion after a firm talking to with the "offender". This is a joke.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sounds like you didn't read the entire article, where he has repeatedly trespassed and was an "ongoing problem."

But when you're expressing outrage, don't let a little thing like details and facts get in your way

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

HAWKING is correct.

It appears the police had to be called and he has been issued a Trespass Warning in mid-May, I'm sure it was because his conduct became unacceptable as he raged about some issue.

Once the Trespass Warning is issued by the police, the property owner must advise the subject to not return to the property (for a period of a year or indefinitely), He is given his (pink) copy of the warning and police insure the subject leaves.

**---> If the subject returns, no matter to offer a flower or throw a penny, the police are called and the owner's copy of the Trespass Warning (yellow) is presented to the police.

The subject is arrested and transported to county jail for a criminal misdemeanor state law violation (not a tort).

edit on 23-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Typical uneducated voter.

I guess he didn't realize taxes are the lowest since the 50s. Hell, he's 71. He should know.

I guess if you listen to Hannity and you hear the same lies everyday, you believe them. You believe that Obama raised taxes on everyone multiple times, rather than the fact that he extended the cuts to everyone and plans on only raising income tax on those making over 250k.

This old guy is typical of the problems we face. Ignorance

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join