It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Presidential Debate: Slip of the Tongue?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So I don't usually post in this forum much as I get most of my election debate conversations in the chat room but I thought this might be interesting to post. Now, I was watching the Debate tonight with my chat room friends and I heard something odd. The Moderator, Bob Schieffer, Apparently had a slip of the tongue. He was referring to Osama bin Ladin but instead said twice "Obama bin Ladin". He did it so smoothly it didn't even look like either candidate caught it and most news reports are ignoring it but I found a video of the scene. Check it out Here
edit on 22-10-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling sorry

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"There are no accidents in politics." Remark to a reporter, 1960. - JFK

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It wan eerie moment, for sure....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's a conspiracy. Obama is Osama wearing a disguise, it's true cuz there's only a letter difference and I heard it on tv..

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I did that three times in the last three days. I could see the image of Obama's face in my mind, the conversation revolves around the President, but damn if I didn't say "Osama" when referring to him.
It's just a very unfortunate circumstance that their names are so much alike. Also, in my mind, I might mentally pair the two, as Obama went after Osama.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

I agree it is very easy to switch them but for a person of his standing on National TV? I bet he is slapping himself for it as we speak.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Lots of folks reporters, VP Biden ...bunches of 'em have made that mistake. Osama, Obama ...blah blah

I watched the debate also I thought a better slip was when Osama...I mean Obama mention defense for the USA from Space.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's a simple mistake. The moderator is an elderly man. Don't read anything into it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sounds like he was referring to bin Laden as a "possession" of Obama's. Which makes sense, since bin Laden was OWNED.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

He mentioned that publicly? I didn't watch the debate, so I don't know much, but i'm surprised he would mention such a thing on live TV.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
From the link, what I clearly hear is "Obama's Bin Laden"

Which is some odd wording, maybe he through in the ownership ('s) to save himself (as you can hear a micro stutter in between)

I still want to see Osama's death certificate.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I could be wrong here but he says something like capture Obama's Bin Laden. I'm thinking it is more along the lines of giving credit to Obama for his death.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

Yeah, it made me perk up a bit. It had to do with his defense plans (per rebut to Romney saying Obama plans
to cut defense spending blah blah blah) Obama came back with "just like we don't need more baronets and
musketts anymore ..I will do more with high tech advanced programs to proctect us from space and keep
America safe.

It made me think straight away of "an alien attack" or attack from space...

edit on 22-10-2012 by RUFFREADY because: spelling of course :.)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

It does sound like that now that I am expecting it. It surely didn't sound like that when it came out live lol. But like TsukiLunar said above it is really odd wording giving possession.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It makes sense however, the use of possession. I just feel it was a last second save.

Why it makes sense though is because Obama holds that over his opposition's heads as a big victory.
"obama got 'em so he's obama's."

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
heres a vid of part of what he said..I wish they would have played the whole thing...but I'm sure its out there
now.msn.com...

I had put musketts instead of horses..but he did mention space defense just moments later after "Battleships"

which was the recent USA vs Aliens" ...anyway maybe someone can find the transcript or another vid ..I'm
past my bedtime

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I see. What a idiotic thing to say, America does still have enemies, thats the last thing they should know about, much less the American people, not yet at least, and worst of all, during the DEBATE? REALLY? Is he trying to BS his way into a 2nd term? I just can't stand him, unbelievable. Its almost common sense not to say such things publicly.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Sounds like he was referring to bin Laden as a "possession" of Obama's. Which makes sense, since bin Laden was OWNED.

are you sure about that?
Just cause "they" said he was doesn't make it so.

How many times have we "owned" al-Zawahiri just to say oh hes back and well alert level is "Bert" again almost "elmo" now

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I say he hates Obama and thus intentionally says Obama bin Laden

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caltrops
I say he hates Obama and thus intentionally says Obama bin Laden

He is a journalist - he most certainly does not hate Obama unless he felt Obama wasn't communist and anti-American enough for his liking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join