It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another "voice" thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
OK, I am very new here and only found this site because I did a Google search for voices. I read alot of threads started by people that clearly hear what is said, know who is speaking, where the sound is coming from, etc.
What I want to know is-
What if the auditory disturbance is like half a word? You haven't a clue what was said, the voice is unfamiliar, and you don't know where it came from.
OR
You hear part of a sentence, like you over heard someone talking but only caught the tail end of it and yet there isn't anyone there and you have absolutely no clue what they were saying based on the words you did hear?
OR
You hear whispering and can't make it out, still you don't know where it comes from and the voice/voices don't belong to anyone you know?

You hear voices as you are trying to sleep, a conversation, you don't quite catch the whole thing, but PARTS of it are clear, but for the most part have nothing to do with anything you were thinking about or know anything about. You can not direct the conversation, you are not part of the conversation, even if the conversation is about you.
AND with any one of these situations, what if the voice, word, sound, conversation, or whatever produces an intense emotion? Like you hear part of a word, don't know what the word was, but yet you suddenly feel afraid, calm, happy, sad, angry, whatever, and can't explain why you feel that emotion?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Ok, I totally forgot about this part, but remembered when I reread the end of that post.
OK, you are about to go to sleep, you are laying in bed, eyes closed, and hear "something" it doesn't bother you to hear it, it's barely audible. The tone of the voices interest you to some small degree, as you slip more towards sleep they become clearer. You think "Hey, that's not right." You wake back up and you can still hear them. You think "Hey, I'm just tired, I'll go back to sleep." You start to drift again, not paying any attention what-so-ever to the conversation going on, you aren't in the conversation. One of the voices sounds defensive and closer. You get this calm, watched over feeling (like when someone pats your head, or something)....

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So I guess no one has any clue what I'm talking about?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
" posted on 1-11-2004 at 12:58 AM
So I guess no one has any clue what I'm talking about?"

I do.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It happens to me to and im sure others as well. I think it has to do with your body changing your brain waves from Stage 2 to Stage 3 sleep.

I'm almost 100% sure this is the case, I took a class on this at the University of Arizona and I worked in the sleep lab for 3 years. We talked about cases like this all the time. I just wished that I paid more attention so I could help you out a little bit more.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
that's very interesting, maybe you were remembering something, and you are at the moment of actually falling asleep and your thoughts are magnified so you sorta think that this is actually happening in real life....but then again, maybe you have schizopheria...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
"SourGrapes

posted on 10/31/04 at 07:06 PM
" posted on 1-11-2004 at 12:58 AM
So I guess no one has any clue what I'm talking about?"

I do."

Care to share?

"beebo

posted on 10/31/04 at 08:43 PM
that's very interesting, maybe you were remembering something, and you are at the moment of actually falling asleep and your thoughts are magnified so you sorta think that this is actually happening in real life"

I don't really think it's really, I know it's just some wierd brainwave mis-fire type of thing, I mean it does sound as if it is extrenal from me- but still.
I mainly posted about it because of all the different things I've been told it could be. Like ESP, picking up radio waves, spirits, someone talking next door and since it's so quiet I can hear it. SOme of those answers just seem too... Um.... weird.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
It happens to me to and im sure others as well. I think it has to do with your body changing your brain waves from Stage 2 to Stage 3 sleep.

I'm almost 100% sure this is the case, I took a class on this at the University of Arizona and I worked in the sleep lab for 3 years.

What was the name of the class?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Happens to me as I go to sleep too, doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just put it down to the brain sorting through the day's thoughts, and random stuff just goes through your head. Kinda like if a TV is on in the background or something. Although they do sound 'real' as if you are hearing a conversation or such, which is interesting. Then it's time to dream, that's where the real action comes into play hehe

- Nazgarn

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by anagrohm

Originally posted by Simulacra

I'm almost 100% sure this is the case, I took a class on this at the University of Arizona and I worked in the sleep lab for 3 years.

What was the name of the class?

I think it was Psych 468 - Psychology of Sleep Disorders. The teacher was Dr.Bootzin (pretty famous guy).

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
try recording the voice...
you may want to ask a question...wait...and turn off the recorder to see if you get something.
(I think this is called EVP?) I have done this before, and once I had some interesting sound I picked up...the problem is I somehow got a pop from the harddrive recorded which took away from being able to judge where the actual source came from.
anyway

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebo
that's very interesting, maybe you were remembering something, and you are at the moment of actually falling asleep and your thoughts are magnified so you sorta think that this is actually happening in real life....but then again, maybe you have schizopheria...

Ouch.

So should I worry that if I post something of legitimate concern I'm going to be called Schizophrenic? Eitherway, I think the point is to Deny Ignorance...

I have more expierience in "hearing" Ghosts, as opposed to seeing them. My eyes decieve me more than my eyes do, so I tend to rely on hearing for when I cant trust my eyes, especially if they're closed.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ok, one more small point on this- sometimes my light will turn off right before I hear anything.
I sometimes forget to turn the light off since it's just a 15 watt bulb and I face the other way to sleep. I will have it on the lowest setting (three-way touch lamp) and it will switch from the first setting skip two pther settings to turn itself off. Sometimes it actually takes the time to go through each brighter setting before shutting it's self off.
SOmetimes I will be hearing whatever and still falling asleep because i do just chalk it up to brain winding down for the night and all that, then the light will do it's freaky thing and I'll hear just one voice, one or two words and it's LOUD. It's freaky.
This isn't the only time my light will shut off though.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ever consider that you might be schizophrenic?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
heh, i mentioned that above. Try recording the voices, and submitting it here. Also can you show us a picture of your room if possible? Or you could just u2u it to me. Hope to hear from u soon

thx

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
my roomate is from new zealand,,, and she says that she talks to her dead relatives all the time,,, more or less they interrupt her and talk to her (all in her head) she has conversations with them. Maybe life is just different over there, but maybe they have special connections with relatives that makes this possible. She is so serious bout this, but doesnt tell most people... sometimes she just starts laughing, b/c her aunt would say something funny about me... what the !!!!! am i crazy ?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
OK, as to the schizophrenia- I've been in therapy off and on for years and years (issues with my mother) and have had just about every possible test there is, and - No, I'm not schizophrenic. I have mother issues, I have self- confidence issues, and I have depression issues, nothing else. I do understand why that would be brought up though- I would probably jump to the same conclusion.
Even if I did, that wouldn't explain the light going off and on. It's not only the lamp by my bed, my ceiling light does it too, otherwise I would just think there's funky wiring in my lamp- I mean it IS a touch lamp... Many people have slept in this bedroomn before i moved in and no one else had a problem with the ceiling light doing this.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebo
heh, i mentioned that above. Try recording the voices, and submitting it here. Also can you show us a picture of your room if possible? Or you could just u2u it to me. Hope to hear from u soon

thx

I would record something here no matter what. I live near alot of radio and television towers, I can not even listen to a cassette tape or the radio. When I try to record anything there is music (country music) over whatever I record.
What would a picture of my room show you? Which part of my room?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
OK, I decided to try to record something anyway. I don't have a microphone for my stereo so I can't record anything that way. I do have a mic for my computer though but no program to record anything. ANy suggestions?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
do you have windows or mac? if you have windows then you could record sounds with 'sound recorder' (Press start, then go to 'programs', 'accessories' and then entertainment and there it is
). If you have a mac, then i think u can record it with iTunes, but i'm not sure, im not a mac user. Anyway, good luck

oh yeah, also if u want to take a picm den u shud take a picture of generally the whole room, maybe you might be able to catch an orb or something. Just a suggestion though...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join