It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majick and Mind over matter...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think people come to a site like this...often to find answers...or to gain some hidden knowledge. So Im going to drop some knowledge here. make of it what you will.
Some years ago...probably 15 or more...i came to the conclusion that all the knowledge and books in the world were of no use to me...or for that matter anyone else...now you could call me a philistine for having such a dismissive attitude...but my attitude was based on evaluating human nature and the cyclic nature of the world as it is and always has been...in other words time passes...but nothing really changes...well not in my opinion...
So there is no answer to the riddle to be found in any book.

But something told me, if there is no answer in a book...yet my mind craves a solution to life. then there must be an answer somewhere else...So my reasoning concluded...That the person asking the question must also hold the answer. So i started meditating...now this was before I ever bothered educating myself to Buddhism or zen or anything like this..before i heard of the pineal gland or anything like that..i was ignorant to all this stuff because id already decided if any worth while knowledge was out there..id see evidence of it in the world...but i didnt...and i still dont...still corruption and apathy rules everywhere...

I just naturally came to the conclusion that the ultimate answer to this carving for an answer...was inside myself.

So I meditated...now...the way i meditated you wont find in some text book..or from some guru...I just lay down..on my back..because i cant sleep on my back...so i knew if i lay on my back id want to sleep but would be unable to...therefore throwing me into some other direction..neither asleep nor awake. i later understood that the crossed leg..lotus position...in Buddhism..is designed for the same reason..but as i said...the instinct to meditate is an instinct...you don't need to learn it..or read about it.

Now...once in this meditative state..i used a breathing technique..also i was doing all this instinctively...i breathed deep breaths..through my nose...and held them for a few seconds...after a few minutes.....this gave me a ...well..a kind of high...try it..its cheaper than weed. Im surprised i never hear of people getting high breathing...but try it and you will find im right..leave your window open...because you need the fresh air..especially cool air..so its best done at night.

Now...once these initial steps are taken..you can go further...much further than you would currently believe...because...once your in this high state...you are suddenly open to all possibilities...outlandish ones that you would never consider possible before your meditative altered state of consciousness.

Now this is the crux of it. the belief. See for people who belief in Christ for instance.. well.. that's what they say...but do they believe in Christ like they believe the floor is beneath their feet..? No...they may have faith in Christ or God..but they cannot possibly believe...because our senses are set up to only allow us to believe in what we can see and feel and sense.

however once in this meditative state..you literally believe in whatever you choose to believe in..sounds weird and it is. Only once you literally believe something can it become reality.

See, funny thing is Christ walked on water...according to the Bible..and he said, it was a matter of belief. he believed he could so he did.

Now...about 10 years ago, someone broke my nose ..and I have had problems breathing through it sinse...seriously, only one side of it works at all...and due to this I cannot achieve this same meditative state..as i once did..
but back when I could get into this state...i had many unusual experiences...one of which was i continually got woken up by a flash of bright light...as if someone literally shone a torch into my eyes but when i opened them the room was still in darkness.

Another experience I had was much more interesting...lets just say...once you believe you can do anything..or be part of anything...very interesting effects happen under your control.

Think of the native Americans who made rain by dancing...first they had to get themselves into an altered state, through rhythmic dancing...until they literally believed they could make it rain.

Now...if any of you find this useful..I ask you to wish me well... because currently I need my luck to change...and I believe in the power of good will...This is why im passing on this information...

Back when I had developed this ability, i took it for granted...and squandered it on a few tricks...shall we say...just to see if i really could make things happen...I had no idea id have my nose broken shortly after and would no longer be able to breath properly through it...what I will say...for the few months i could do this...i was at great peace. So if for no other reason you practice this method...it will bring you great peace of mind.

edit on 22-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: added information

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Interesting post.
I've been using the same technique to meditate for over 15 years now but I honestly can't remember what led me to meditate like that. I came to call it my 'vision jouney's', because that is what mostly happens when I do this: I start to see, hear, smell,... an entire different environment.

That said,
Your title 'mind over matter' suggests that you have accomplished more with this technique then just 'sensing'.
would you care to elaberate on that?
Personally I have never been able to actually 'do' something with it and the visions or visuals I get don't really make any sense at all except it beying amazing experiences...

I also agree that there are no answers to be found in books, I even doubt that 'if' anyone hold the answers they would tell everyone else.....

thanks

s and f

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
Interesting post.
I've been using the same technique to meditate for over 15 years now but I honestly can't remember what led me to meditate like that. I came to call it my 'vision jouney's', because that is what mostly happens when I do this: I start to see, hear, smell,... an entire different environment.

That said,
Your title 'mind over matter' suggests that you have accomplished more with this technique then just 'sensing'.
would you care to elaberate on that?
Personally I have never been able to actually 'do' something with it and the visions or visuals I get don't really make any sense at all except it beying amazing experiences...

I also agree that there are no answers to be found in books, I even doubt that 'if' anyone hold the answers they would tell everyone else.....

thanks

s and f

Your right about the smells and sounds. Thats part of what i meant, so i know you already are well practiced at this...Thats an important element of the "induction" into this trance state. Being able to smell fragrant flowers or hear distant bells, for instance. But you can go a lot deeper.

I also understand your skepticism about if anyone knew the answer they wouldn't share it...well as far as having "the answer" that's all down to your perception of "it"...but the only answer I ever found through this type of meditation was a sense one ultimate oneness...like i mentioned that bright light...it isnt an answer you can write down, its just a feeling, that you are everything, and that your empty mind is not inside your head but outside somewhere else, but a living consciousness, just not a thinking ego attached to a body. then you realize later when you learn a little about Buddha, you get a better understanding that people have found this path before, and many, like the Buddha found it through instinct. The other think you learn, is that just because you sensed oneness and understood that everything is not just connected, but all part of an ultimate superconsiousness...it makes you understand that your best interest is usually in my best interest too.

And this is why Jesus and Buddha tried to spread this understanding...in order to heal the whole. It is like empathy, when you see someone cry, or an animal in pain...you feel it to, unless your born a psychopath. the fact that almost all people feel this connection, as though they too are feeling the pain, is a simple illustration about my point., We feel empathy but at the same time we dismiss many people because we feel nothing for them or even despise them some for no reason others because they have done us or society harm...but once you realize even the worst people are also part of the whole, then you realize you too are not perfect, maybe not a criminal, but perhaps that's down to having the right parents or right guardians or right friends. In other words most of the worst people, are victims of circumstances...that doesn't mean they should be allowed to roam free to destroy lives...but it does mean we have to learn to accept them as part of the whole, in order to heal the whole.

Anyhow...this is just me explaining why i believe in sharing...to heal the whole. And as Im part of the whole, then your peace of mind is in my best interest etc. In fact i saw something on TV years ago, about yoga teachers going into a prison to teach meditation to prisoners...they do it, to help the worst of society, to have peace of mind whilst in prison,because its part of trying to heal the worst, so that we are all better off.

As far as the mind over matter goes...This is also real. literally. But compared to gaining peace of mind it is really noting more than a distraction. But once your in the trance state, you go deeper and deeper, into accepting your mind is outside of your head.

You achieve this how? Well normally when you have your eyes closed, you are aware that you see darkness, but you know the darkness you see is simply the product of having your eyes closed..so nothing special about that...so what you do is relax your eyeballs...think of them like pool balls falling back into the pockets...if you practice this, you will get to a point where you no longer are seeing the flat darkness with your eyes. instead you sense a switch, from flat darkness, to a sense of infinite darkness, that goes in all directions. This is your mind looking into infinity and you sense it whilst still fully conscious. In this time, you believe your mind is no longer limited to your body. And its in this realm you can link into other elements of the world. Like the weather, for one thing. See once the mind is disconnected from the body it can connect into other things and influence them, and the new smells and sounds get more clear and louder until you actually hear them for real.

let me know how you get on...because I know your already well on your way there.

new topics

join