It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have had many Ghostly experiances and they are happening more often..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but its my second post so bare with me please.

Ok, I am just looking for some input on the fact that I may have some sort of connection with the afterlife. I have always seemed to experiance odd things now and then. Such as faint voices, noises, movement, etc. I will elaborate on 5 of my most memorable experiances in chronological order.

1 - Where my family and I used to live I had seen a ghost several times around our apartment. First off, she was a little girl probably around age 5-7, in a white dress with a pink bow in her hair. Typical, huh? Anyway, my first incident was when I was 8. One day when I came out of my room I saw her standing in the hall and she walked into my parents bedroom. I slowly followed but she was gone. The second time was very similar, but I saw her in the living room while I was in the kitchen. She walked into the hall I followed with the same outcome. Weird stuff would happen all the time, like my tv turning on in my room, or lights flickering, etc. I talked to my mother about it when I was 20, I am 25 now, and she said that the little girl had spoken to her one time. My mom was tucking me and my brother in (me and my brother, Andrew, had bunkbeds) and she said that she saw the girl playing with my brothers toys and said 'can Andrew play?'. Another time my mom was babysitting a young girl who asked my mother 'can your daughter come to my birthday parity?'. My mom told her that she didnt have a daughter but the girl said that she was just playing with her. After we moved from the apartment, my dad spoke with the owner and was told that in the early 70's the place was broken into and a young girl was murdered. That place was definatly a hotspot in my opinion, but I never saw anything else. I was never frightened in that house, but there was definatly a weird feeling.

2 - I was about 10, and my family and I were hiking through the Manasass Battlefield Park. One of the largest and most well kept areas of American Civil War battlefields. It is in northern Virginia, merely 40 minutes from Washington. We were hiking through the woods, having a great time. I decided to go ahead of the family and hide. It was something me and my borther would do. I found a nice spot right at the fork of trail with an old civil war trail that hadnt been in use for probably 75 years. After I sat down it got really quite in the woods, I mean eriely quite. I began to hear horses and people. I thought nothing of it because the trails alowed equestrian travel. Once the 'noise' was on top of me I could not see anyone and I couldnt see any horses. It sounded like a brigade of some-sort marching. I could plainly make out voices, that of which used lingo that would have been previlant durning the war. But there was so much talking I couldnt make out any conversations. I was really freaked out because I was on the old abandoned trail, and that is where the sounds were eminating from. They didnt make noises as if they were going through the dense brush, but rather like they were on the hard packed clay of a well traveled path.

3 - I was 18, I was sleeping, and for no apparent reason I woke up suddenly and was wide awake. I noticed a shadowy figure of a man in my bedroom doorway. I watched it for a second trying to get my eyes to adjust. I said to it 'dad?', because I thought it might have been my father checkin up on me. Well it turned away with out making any noise. Where he was walking should have made the floor creak, but no sound was emmited. I jumped out of bed and turned on my light and saw the figure go down the stairs. I ran into the hall, flipped the light on, and looked down the stairs. (for refereance it was a townhouse so the upstairs wasnt too large) I saw the figure step off the landing to the living room. Again I chased after it, but to no avail. I didnt see it again, and have no idea what it was. I was scared out of my mind and couldnt sleep the rest of the night. I think that this may have been one of the so-called 'shadowmen'.

4 - While in college I became a member of a the National Fraternity of Kappa Delta Rho. The owner of our fraternity house, before it became ours, passed away in what was her den. Over the years several of my brothers reported hearing noises, but never seeing anything, or experiancing what I am going to tell you. After one of our parties I fell asleep on a couch in our basement. I didnt have a blanket, I was in shorts and t-shirt, and it was late November. Basically I was freezing my butt off. I was just falling asleep when I felt a blanket get placed over top of me. I opened my eyes to thank a brother for helping me out, but no one was there. I caught the last part of the blanket being dropped on my chest. I stayed there very still, and said 'Thank you mam'. At that momemnt I felt a very ice cold hand-shaped something touch my shoulder. The odd thing was that it was so cold in the basement I was shivering, but when she touched me I stopped shivering but could definatly feel a very wide temperature differance on my shoulder. I was kinda freaked out, but I knew she was there to look after me and help me out.

5 - This may be a shadowman also. Where I work I have a large glass wall, that cannot be seen through, but light passes through. I work during the evenings, and am the only one in the office building during my entire shift. Every once in while I will catch a glimpse of a shadow standing outside the glass or moving by the glass. .......I am at work right now and as I am typing a shadow apeared outside the glass.......No joke, it just scared the bejesus out of me because I am typing about it. I also monitor several security cameras while on shift, and will randomly see a shadowy figure in the darkness of the cubicles. I almost always check it out, but there is never anything around. The one thing that gets me is that I never hear any noises here at work, just figures and ocasionally I will hear a faint voice. Or what seems to be a voice, I cant make out what its saying or if I am 'hearing' things. This is the experiance has made me think I have something going on, as it happens at least once a night.

Those are my 5 most elaborate ghostly encounters. I am not sure if I just put myself in the right place at the right time, or if I have a way to slightly communicate to those in the afterlife. I know that if you read these 4 stories, you can say that I was in areas that were highly likely to have paranormal activity. But I always have some sort of activity going on around me. If anyone can please give me some insight as to possible ways to communicate, test, or anything. I would really appreciate it. I would like to try to make contact only to satisfy my own beliefs.

Thanks
Mike

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Perhaps you (and possibly your family) are more sensitive to paranormal activity and see things that others dont.

What do you feel when you see this shadowman?
Have you ever communicated with it?
Do you start to feel scared before you see it?

If the latter was the case then perhaps your fear of it is causing its appearances? I say this because you dont seem to have had a 'full on' experience with it (apart from that one time in your room) and perhaps you were so scared by it the fear manifests itself whenever you are thinking about that experience, you say that as you wrote about this spectre you saw it so obviously you were thinking about it and this could be causing you to be seeing things- mild hallucination.

I would be easy for your brain to trick you into thinking it saw a shadow or movements in the background. maybe you should get your eyes checked or a possible side effect of medication.

Still even 5 experiences alone would mean that you have a special affinity with the afterlife so you probably are more sensitive than most...

Thankyou for sharing your experience....JoeyC

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Good to see I'm not alone
A few close friends have suggested maybe I've been given some sort of gift and I'm meant to help these spirits somehow but so far I haven't really had much luck.

I often see shadowy figures standing near me (no, not shadows of people standing behind me hehe), or full on spectres. Quite frequently I see eyes moving across most solid surfaces, hear VERY faint music, or someone speaking. I also sometimes see indistinguishable writing on the wall, too small for me to read but large enough you can see that it is writing. Invisible things brush against me, strange noises, footsteps etc etc. It doesn't matter where I live after a month or so at the new place all the strange occurances slowly start to come back.

When you've seen these beings, have you ever just told them out loud to stop sneaking around and tell you what they want? I haven't had any luck but maybe you will
Usually after I don't get any sort of response I tell em I can't help them if they don't talk to me and to bugger off and leave me alone

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeyC
What do you feel when you see this shadowman?

Well after I see the shadow I am a little spooked because it is always very sudden, and out of nowhere.

Have you ever communicated with it?

Everytime I see it here at work, I always say something to it. Whether that be 'hello', 'whos there', etc. I have never recieved any kind of communication back from the being thought.

Originally posted by LordGoofus
When you've seen these beings, have you ever just told them out loud to stop sneaking around and tell you what they want?

One time about a month ago I said 'whos there' to the shadow outside my glass wall. This was the only time that it stood still for a second, then walked off.

Do you start to feel scared before you see it?

I dont feel scared before I see it, rather it is during the encounter. The feeling really cant be described as scared though. My hair on my neck and arms will stand up, and I will get goosebumps. I feel a little odd when it is around, but so far it has done nothing to lead me to believe it is here to harm me.

I never got a chance to attempt communication with the little girl in my old apartment, but I am sure that I would have been able to seeing as the aparition made initial conatact with my mother. I wish I would have tried to establish better lines of communication when I had the blanket drapped on me in my fraternity houses basement. Everytime that I feel there is a spirit, aparition, or what ever they may be I alway try to calm down and usually say something to try to break the barrier. I have only once felt threatend, by what I really dont know. I was in my fathers house and noticed a temperature change. Nothing odd happened except my body became very sensative to the atmospheric changes in the house. I couldnt tell if someone was trying to communicate with me or mess with me. It never happened again, and I put it off as nothing more than a passing apparition.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wonder if it really makes much diiference how spiritualy tuned-in you are that effects the rate at which you have these encounters/feelings.

it seems that people from all over the world seemed to have an increased awareness of such things and from experience i would say i meet a greater ratio of people who are having "weird" things happen around them

A great example of late is my own father - my mother and myself have always experienced forms of e.s.p or spook activity for years and years and have always been subjected to ridicule by my father as he is the biggest sceptic i have ever known!

Much to his uncomfort he recently has been having experiences much like my mother and myself, and as time goes on these experiences seem to intesify or increase - could it be that humankind is awkening in some way? seems like more people i meet bring up more open-minded subjects such as this due to having experiences themselves

"What a great time to be alive"

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Looks like you have "the gift". I believe there are spirits all around, however only some of us can frequently see them.

I have never come across the term "shadowmen", can someone please elaborate?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't think that human kind is experiancing a so-called awakening. Rather I feel that we as a species are more understanding to the ways that nature and natural forces work. I think it really has to do with the fact that we are more open, now than ever, to express what we are feeling, seeing and experiancing. More than likely this kind of activity has always happened, but it is increasing as our world becomes more populated and deaths rise, thus causing more spirts/aparitions to be trapped or have the ability to communicate.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE
. No but seriously. This can be a polterguise which should be taken seriously. There have be cases where a family of ghosts follow real family for a reason. Maybe because of the vibe. Make sure your family is positive and getting along well. If you are you might want to seek religious security because I doubt Brinks will help. But besides that, take steps to protect your family, this can get serious

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well my parents are getting divorced, and I dont live at home any more. I spoke with my both my mom and dad about these shadows I keep seeing and both of them said that they have never encountered such things. They do keep happening more often. I really hope that it is not a polterguist, because if it follows me home it might cause problems. My roomates have a 3 year old daughter who would definatly be scared out of her cute little mind if she saw this thing. If it ever comes to the possibility of a polterguist, then I will definatly search for help. But until then I am going to still attempt some sort of conatact. Again if anyone can help me with making contact that would be great. Should I buy a ougi board?

Fry

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Dark Shadows

frey51, both my wife and I saw shadows in our apartment long ago when I was practicing dark sorcery. We agreed that having them appear on our walls was undesirable, and that was the end of my witchcraft period.

I associate such manifestations with demons, but technically, if I'm right about who we are, then demons are nothing more than our fellow spirits, brothers and sisters all of us. Because we come in so many different shapes, sizes, flavors and attitudes, that may seem somewhat improbable, but I'm pretty sure it is correct.

There are other similarities between what you report and my own experiences, particularly some of the more troubling moments of my adolescence, although it would be a gross misrepresentation for me to suggest that I am an expert on any of this.

I feel comfortable with the topic, but must concede that what I know about spirituality may be nothing more than elaborate self-delusion. So that�s my basic angle on things, your mileage may vary, yada yada�

My Recommendations Are:

1. Don�t let them scare you. Dark spirits use their own fear as a sort of weapon against the unwary. The truth is that they are usually a lot more afraid than you are -- existence as a dark spirit is no cakewalk, and most of them are in far too much personal torment to pose a threat to you. Those which do want something from you do so because they think they can�t do it on their own, which is in fact evidence of their own self-delusion and powerlessness. The aura of fear they radiate is their own fear, and that fear is your tip-off that you are dealing with a darkened spirit.

2. Don�t buy into the drama. It is customary to play scary music in the background when we deal with �spirits� in the movies. The truth is that yes, dark spirits can do some nasty things, and often try to. However, their primary weapon is deception, and just about any and every threat is a hollow bluff -- unless you believe it. Fear is a form of deception -- it is what we feel when we forget who we really are. If you allow a spirit to convince you that it controls you, guess what? It just did. This is really a restatement of recommendation #1, and there�s a reason I saw fit to repeat this point. It�s extremely important not to let yourself get taken for a ride by a spiritual con artist. Don�t let them scare you -- you are stronger than you can probably imagine.

3. Be a skeptic. Since deception is such a powerful tool for spirits to use, the best way to approach any form of spiritual information is as a skeptic. Once you allow other spirits to decide what you will believe, that�s where the trouble starts. Avoiding this can be a lot trickier than it seems -- most spirits have had a very, very long time to come up with some rather clever ruses and perfect them on the unwitting if they are so inclined. I�ve been fooled enough times to know about that, have always had to fight to remain a skeptic, and doing so has always paid off. Anything that is trying to scare you is trying to deceive you.

4. Be true to yourself. This really should be listed first and underlined, but it flows better here. While this may seem self-evident, and also gets glossed over a lot, it�s crucial. We all deceive ourselves to some degree or another, which is why none of us sees the Absolute Truth. Remember that, and remember that the only spirit you can ever truly trust is your own -- and even you deceive yourself, just not maliciously (usually). Bear in mind that even spirits who love you can still deceive and hurt you without realizing it, just as we do in the physical world. You are the most important person you will ever know. If you forget everything else, try to remember that.

5. Meditate. Last and definitely not least, I always recommend regular meditation, because it is what has really worked best for me. There�s really nothing to it, no need for a big production number, just relax and allow yourself time to think. I lie in bed to do this, and recommend maximum comfort combined with minimum distractions. At first you�ll probably find yourself working out unresolved issues in this life, but as you continue to meditate, you will eventually start discovering things within you that will definitely surprise you -- pleasantly, as a general rule. Be patient -- it can take a long time to really allow yourself to relax and accept your own thoughts -- and keep looking within, and I am confident that you will be glad you did.

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled

There are no doubt some good reasons why you experience these things so much. I wouldn�t get too concerned about it, however, because we all have the same abilities, but usually choose to ignore them. Essentially, none of us knows any more than we really want to know, and that varies a lot from one spirit to another and over time.

We are all spirits, and are thus all capable of doing what spirits do. Denying this seems to be fashionable among those of us who are incarnated, probably because forgetting who we are is an important part of accepting the limitations of the physical world.

Your perceptions suggest that you wish or perhaps need to augment your physical life with some degree of awareness of our spiritual nature. This not unusual -- even the most die-hard materialists are constantly influenced by the workings of spirits around them, they just choose not to believe it. Ultimately, every path is a spiritual path.

No worries, we all have our reasons for being who we are, and choosing what we wish to believe is the only true freedom there is. Whatever path you may follow, it will always be your path, and therefore the right one.

I advise against Ouija boards, not because they are evil, but because the method used is effectively a surrender of physical control to a spirit other than yourself. I strongly recommend never surrendering such a thing, or sovereignty over any aspect of your being to another spirit. To do so is to harm both of you more often than not, for a great many reasons.

If you follow my recommendations, or at least apply the concept behind them to some degree, I would be very interested in hearing how things work out for you. Though we must all walk through darkness now and then if we are ever to learn and grow, I am extremely optimistic about the future of every soul in existence, including yours.

So smile, relax, rest and meditate. To date, that�s the best way to go that I know of, and not just when it comes to spiritual awareness. Life is so much nicer when you stop to appreciate it!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Facinating read, thanks for starting this thread frey51. So far it doesn't sound like the experiences are harmful, more like you're tuned in to more than the everyday life. I'd be interested in hearing more. Oh, everyone expects the Christian to say it so I will - pray about it (for understanding)

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Oh, everyone expects the Christian to say it so I will - pray about it (for understanding)

I don't care who says it, that's always good advice.

Just be mindful who you pray to.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Majic, that is the most intriguing and thought provoking piece of writing I think that I have ever read. First off, you seem to be a very well educated person. Whether that be scholastic, or self taught, and I must congradulate you on that. It is hard to meet people such as yourself, who have similar interests and issues as me. I will take heed of every piece of advice that you offered, along with the meditation. I have never attempted to meditate and feel that it may not only help me in trying to understand what is happening around me, but will also help me find out who I really am and what my desired path will be. I havent been a religiuos man for quite some time, rather I do believe in some higher power. If that be god, a spirit, or another form of energy that does help us through our own tirals and tibulations. Again thank you, and I will attempt to keep you all informed of my future encounters, contacts and meditation accomplishments.

Thank you all,
Mike

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You went through college and you still can't spell "experiences?"

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
First off you can just bite your tounge and stop right there. I would rip into you, but I like this board, and dont want to be banned. I just noticed that TYPO, and I don't see where your post has anything to do with anything, so if you dont have anything relevant to say then dont post. People mis-type all the time, I for one don't go back and check my spelling all the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Paranormal activity aye, i suggest you have a look around this spirituality forum

www.astralforum.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
thanks, going to check that out right now.

new topics

top topics

join