It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music is an Instrument of Terror

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hey Sonny, Ramallah is in the West Bank.

You are confusing Gaza with other parts of Israel such as occupied Jerusalem and the West Bank.

From your own link:

But the children are unable to leave Gaza because of travel restrictions imposed by Israel. Israel imposed an economic blockade of Gaza when Hamas won control of Gaza in 2007, to stop what it says is the transit of weaponry to be used by militants in attacks on Israel. Movement of people is severely limited.

You make it sound like it's easy for these children to attend The Edward Said National Conservatory of Music but in fact they risk imprisonment and even death if they are caught "finding smart ways around travel ban" as mentioned in your CNN link.

Israel is notorious for their inhumane treatment of child prisoners.

Israel Uses a 13 Year Old Boy as a Human Shield

UK ready to take on Israel over fate of children clapped in irons

...there are many other examples and I will leave it up to you to discover the reality of the situation.

You can call hoax all you want and accuse me of playing games but the truth is that you are the one playing games and ignoring facts while accusing me of embracing ignorance.

It must really tick you off that I counter your propaganda with facts and logic eh?

I used to respect your posts Sonny but now you are a full blown propagandist with no shame.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: LINK

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by goh13
Is it true?

If yes, this thread is not bashing Isreal. It is providing information on what is GOING ON in Isreal. Just like any other thread, really. Truth hurts, remember that whenever you are hurt by a word.
If no, shame on the hoaxer and the poster of this thread.

Case closed. Carry on.

Bashing on Isreal... Telling the truth about Isreal... What's the difference?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Originally posted by goh13
Is it true?

If yes, this thread is not bashing Isreal. It is providing information on what is GOING ON in Isreal. Just like any other thread, really. Truth hurts, remember that whenever you are hurt by a word.
If no, shame on the hoaxer and the poster of this thread.

Case closed. Carry on.

Bashing on Isreal... Telling the truth about Isreal... What's the difference?

While I do understand what you are trying to say and I do agree with it, I will rant about and explain few things. Bashing someone or something is based on false information and mostly done in a bad manner. I see many members doing this and it is a damn shame, even on people like those in Isreal. They are as much brainwashed as the Nazis. They just need someone to bring them back to Earth. If someone can somehow destroy their evil government, the Jews can live in peace.

Hate the government, love the sinner. Because, as I see it, goverments are a sin. Do not say Iran/US/Isreal is evil, say their GOVERNMENT is evil. It is kinda of a big thing when you are talking. At least, to me it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Some music actually is terrorism. Yeah i'm talking about rap, hoes and gatts, drugs and murder. Know what i'm sayin' homeslice? Kill yo ass fo' the colo 'o yo rag.

Ganglife.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Anything creative, music, the written word, film etc can be used to spread particular ideologies and beliefs, but this is pretty mad.

Music in general, especially when used in a non commercial way usually brings people together and is a very peaceful thing. Cultures sharing music is a great way of knocking down barriers and bringing people from different cultures an backgrounds together.

It's cheesy as hell, but music does save lives, without music I'd be totally lost and being creative musically has gotten me through the darkest days in my life and compared to what many people in this part of the world have to deal with I haven't experienced anywhere near the level of tragedy that these people have been through. Music doesn't magically make everything better obviously, but banning instruments can not cause any good at all. I think we neglect the importance of creativity in general in all aspects of life from music to other subjects like science and politics.

If this is in fact true I am certain that there is either some sort of agenda that this fuels or is simply one of those crazy thing which has been enacted in some bizarre way as often happens in places which experience extreme problems an conflicts.

I hate to come across like some ageing hippy, but music is so important to all of humanity socially, politically, creatively and culturally;.Even if it is just restricting instruments use this is a constraint which can not possibly be justified by any rational thinking imo.

And now for my final ultra hippieesque peace an love thought - Teach a person to love music and you will teach them to love

edit on 10/10/2011 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have a degree in sound engineering/music production, and have played guitar for 13 years. I am fully adept in all things musical, and to hear something like this really upsets me. Music has so much power, invoking feelings and memories. For me Music is right up there with Mathematics and Philosophy. It is important to know and understand as its power is just as strong as either of those.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Part of the problem hahaha You are greatly mistaken the OP used this thread as a big unwarranted swipe at the Israeli's no doubt about it. Whatever makes you sleep at night you just keep telling yourself that. And you left wing terrorist sympathisers use words like "sheeple" bahahahahah!!! It obvious who the real sheeple are!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

No one deserves to be bashed for mere "here say" that cannot be proven & justified in a court of law!!!! Or are you one of those who believes in "Guilt before innocence" or just one of those types who bash Israeli's on the premise that "They are Israeli's so they are guilty" without due investigation. Seems that way.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Stupid ay? Well your comment comes across as utter garbage. Very legitimate reason or do you have your head that far in the sand you cannot see the leaves for the trees?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Can you help me find the official Israeli document which lists the items that are not allowed into Gaza?

No it is not my job to hold your hand and do research to discover the real truth not some extremist left wing terrorist supporting opinion.

Oh, this is not an Israel bashing thread

Surely you jest? It is nothing but an Israel bash fest. I'm not even Jewish but a simple look at your previous posts shows beyond all doubt you have an intensive hate, yes hate for anything Israel. Yes you do try to hide in little comments that would appear to be moderate in opinion but the overall tone, probably 90% of what you post about Israel is negative. Do I need to go through your profile? You definitely have unwarranted and unjustified hate towards Israel which can be proven.

You need to open up your eyes and see the bigger picture

I obviously see it better and in a more balanced, educated and informed view than you ever will.

Oh and by the way that source you quoted is no proof as such just some left wing terrorist sympathising lobby group bahahahah ..... proof? Still laughing if that is the best thing you have to build a case bahahahahah!!
edit on 26-10-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timmerman421
I have a degree in sound engineering/music production, and have played guitar for 13 years. I am fully adept in all things musical, and to hear something like this really upsets me. Music has so much power, invoking feelings and memories. For me Music is right up there with Mathematics and Philosophy. It is important to know and understand as its power is just as strong as either of those.

Ok Uni/college boy since you are boasting your music prowess I am a professional musician and have over 25 years experience I''ll bet I can I can beat your butt at anything musical. Now that is done think about what you just said. Yes you are correct music is powerful with all the feeling and emotion but you are looking at it in an "airy fairy" "luvy duv" way. The point you are missing is that music envokes strong emotion and that can be used in a negative way. Not everyone is righteous and uses it in a positive way. The Israeli's (If this BS is even true) are just trying to protect themselves from the power of music. No matter what you tell yourself the power and music can be and is used in a negative way. No matter what you tell yourself.

For someone who openly boasts about their music pedigree (and yes I only did because you were big noting yourself .... no pun intended) you really can't see that music with all it's power can be used in a negative way?

I fully understand the power of music and terrorists can not be allowed under any circumstance to push their negative energy through music even if it means the innocent suffer. Hard words but true. Deny it if you want.
edit on 26-10-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

While this is off-topic. Not all hip hop and rap music is about the stupidity you just listed. In fact, most isn't and you are just ignorant for suggesting so. Look up Lowkey, Akala, Immortal Technique, KRS-One and you'll understand.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

While this is off-topic. Not all hip hop and rap music is about the stupidity you just listed. In fact, most isn't and you are just ignorant for suggesting so. Look up Lowkey, Akala, Immortal Technique, KRS-One and you'll understand.

Oh now the insults come out and i'm ignorant because rappers do rhym this crap. I see.

Whateva.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join