It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music is an Instrument of Terror

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Music is an art and an intense way to learn. It get's you thinking. Anyone who can play a musical instrument well, hes used a lot of cognitive function. Just like America, who's enemies are her very own citizen's...some countries don't find it i their best interest to have their public or their nearby enemies, who can process rational, logical thought.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Musical instruments are used as a form of Expression.... maybe this is why certain people want it banned!!

They don't want their kids expressing themselves....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

ummmm it's not that Israel is banning musical instruments for music.

It's what can be EMBEDDED in the musical CASES!!!
don't you remember the 1920's when mobsters hid machine guns in violin cases?
They don't musical instruments imported, because, they would have to check each and every case and sometimes that can be difficult, so I assume one solution is to ban them altogether.

Just ask any mexico/usa border patrol officer on what can be hidden in a musical case. Just about anything, and it can be stitched to perfection also.

(btw I agree that music is powerful.. but i don't think the intent is block musicality, its to prevent weapons and drugs that can be hidden in the cases. Sucks that they are both in the crazy conflict anyways.)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

Just ask any mexico/usa border patrol officer on what can be hidden in a musical case. Just about anything, and it can be stitched to perfection also.

You do realize that Israel inspects all goods coming in right? i mean, your argument for this is invalid. It's not like they say, ok, violins are allowed, so don't bother inspecting that truck full of violins. That's not how it works.

This is, much like most of the blocked items, about demoralizing the enemy. They have to deny them as much humanity as they can get away with.

How else does Israel ensure a constant existential threat? Rely on actual antisemitism? LOL sorry, there's not enough of that to justify what's going on.

Music is culture. Music unites. Music can free you. These are all things that Israel is committed to making sure the people of Gaza don't have, while attempting to convince us they never had it to begin with. what do subhumans need music for?

And how exactly can you paint every person in Gaza as a bloodthirsty jew hater, if they create orchestras and perform amazing pieces of music? Israel would find a way, but it wouldn't be easy. See, if you stop and think about the innocent kids, you can't stomach it, at least I can't.

But yes, musical instruments pose an existential threat to Israel if they are put into the hands of a perceived enemy of Israel as it brings HUMANITY into the picture.

They don't musical instruments imported, because, they would have to check each and every case and sometimes that can be difficult, so I assume one solution is to ban them altogether.

congratulations, you just extended the blocked item list to include everything on earth except pure oxygen. Well done. I'm slow clapping. I hope you can see the absurdity of your statement.

edit on 23-10-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

yes i agree. but if you listen to slayer's angel od death,critics will try to make you believe that it is pro nazi,but in reality,it is only documenting what joseph mengala did during WWII . it wasn't pro or con! it just was!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo
How come people that defend Israel so fervently are unable to admit that their government is capable of doing anything questionable. Even citizens of the west admits to a certain extent when their countries government does something unjustifiable..

The same reason those that defend Palestinians are unable to admit they intentionally target and kill innocent Israeli civilians.

Goes both ways, bub.

edit on 23-10-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ha! any one who hears a bad clarinet player,or a bad sax player will want to kill some one!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I seen this movie before!

Guitars normally don't require reloading.

I wont condemn israel for what they do, because I don't have enough information. What does sway me towards an opinion are threads like these that clearly mislead people into thinking israel suddenly has a beef with music.

I think Israel has been strong armed in the past, but I can't judge considering I am safely sitting here in the US, not under constant threat of attack from our neighbors, or surrounded by enemies with nowhere else to go. Under those circumstances, things are bound to be tense and aggressive

I would think that a better checking system could be put in place to assure there are no guns and grenades tucked into music cases of course...assuming there is a bit of truth to this essay the ops puts forward..

Ultimately, I am not some mega supporter of Israel..they are their own state..personally I am more of a supporter of places like Canada, UK, etc...places that do good trade with us without demanding our guns...but I do tend to get angry when people disingeniously demand I care for something...in this case, the plight of the palestinians..when worldwide, the general consensus is that israel are just bad asses that are in a corner and keep bloodying the noses of those that keep cornering them.

Nothing is more pathetic than aggressive people whom lose a fight and demanding the other side isn't supposed to be strong or smart.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I wont condemn israel for what they do, because I don't have enough information.

I will condemn the Israeli government as I do have enough information on what they do. Before you pull out the bias card I also condemn the extremists from all sides including my elected officials. You seem rather informed so I question your statement about "not having enough information on what they do" as it's right in your face and difficult to ignore.

What does sway me towards an opinion are threads like these that clearly mislead people into thinking israel suddenly has a beef with music.

This is not an opinion thread as the information I presented is factual so no one has been mislead unless you count the pro-Israeli members who support the oppression of the people of Gaza.

The Israeli government does not have a beef with music, they have a beef with the Palestinian people as a whole as these items that are not allowed into Gaza are necessities and the denial of these necessities is a violation of human rights.

Everything from building supplies to fruit preserves are not allowed so it's not just music that they have a beef with. I also acknowledged the extremists in Gaza that are not helping their cause so please do not say this is one sided thread, but the Israeli government are systematically starving the people of Gaza with this savage blockade and that is the concern I am trying to put forth.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
ha! any one who hears a bad clarinet player,or a bad sax player will want to kill some one!!!

I heard that! I hear anyone playing a squeaky sax around me will at least know one correct note by the end of their song ...B FLAT!

edit on 23-10-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
As I have stated before I lived in Israel for 10 years and, yes I served in the I.D.F. and yes I served in Gaza, in no way I condone Israel denying children the right to learn music or indeed many other things they do. I do believe in Israel's right to exist and indeed exist peacefully. Whenever I served in the terrortries I would take a cheap guitar (trust me if you heard me play and sing you would understand that music can really be weapon of terror) and I always left it behind for the palastinian kids in the hope that an act of kindness just maybe one day will produce a palastinian musician that might, just might help change Gaza or indeed any of the terrortries through music.
Hey stranger things have happened !

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by SaturnFX

I wont condemn israel for what they do, because I don't have enough information.

I will condemn the Israeli government as I do have enough information on what they do. Before you pull out the bias card I also condemn the extremists from all sides including my elected officials. You seem rather informed so I question your statement about "not having enough information on what they do" as it's right in your face and difficult to ignore.

The majority of info I have (ats is not the only place I get my info from), the evidence shows a ruthless state (israel) smashing the palestinians..because the palestinians are endlessly provoking them for their own political desires.
I see it as very complex...the black and white painting of either side is immediately discarded. I know money funnels in from elsewhere to fund the palestinians to continously provoke. The innocents here are the average israeli and palestinian family that doesn't want this crap, however, when you have 7 other nations passing money to keep israel fighting, then ya...there will be no peace.

I don't have enough information in this case is actually me having too much information, so much that its like a tennis match of point-counterpoint that seems to go back for thousands of years...
So, taking "sides" is pointless when there is half the argument you must completely ignore.

What I do know is that if they don't make peace and accept a 2 state solution, then there will be a glowing mound of sand where once israel and many other nations used to be...so, they need to sort it out, or both sides, and many neighbors, will simply cease to exist...and that means all those rich nuts sending money to keep the tension up (and therefore justify a bloated military budget to their people) need to stop sending money and making it profitable for front line soldiers.

no simple solutions if you are aiming for both sides to feel like fairness was given...actually, no solutions that both sides will be happy with...one side will definately lose a bit if there will ever be peace.

No...I don't have enough information..because I have too much.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Whilst I whole heartldly agree with much of what you say I feel I should take you to task on frontline soldiers making profit, as a conscript I earned about $200 a month, hardly a princely sum. As a reservist ( you have to do what we called milluim, a call at least once a year to retrain a serve) I earned the average of my last 3 months pay cheques. Again hardly a princely sum. Let's not blame the poor soldiers for profiteering. They are merely obeying the law.
Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Whilst I whole heartldly agree with much of what you say I feel I should take you to task on frontline soldiers making profit, as a conscript I earned about $200 a month, hardly a princely sum. As a reservist ( you have to do what we called milluim, a call at least once a year to retrain a serve) I earned the average of my last 3 months pay cheques. Again hardly a princely sum. Let's not blame the poor soldiers for profiteering. They are merely obeying the law.
Peace

No, you misunderstand. the fighters, front line troops, and the dudes in suicide vests or rock tossing are not the ones banking
its the ones behind them that are gaining the money and pushing forward the agenda...the soldiers and rebels are the pawns for the larger entities, discarded, given almost nothing, and told to focus on the enemy (the other guy, not their corrupt leadership themself).

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Maybe someone was selling them weapons under the name music equipment? Britain sells weapons under the guise of sports equipment I think.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My apologies for misunderstanding.
As ocean colour scene sang there is no profit in peace.
So at the risk of emptying my bank account
Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Another Israel bashing thread. Great!!! Just what the world needs right now to promote peace! If you are so much for peace why do you present your argument in a war like tone? I smell the "H" word! LOL!

For real..
If a musical instrument is deemed as an instrument of terror then they deserved to be bashed for it.. Music is food for the soul. It should not be denied to anyone..

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
I do believe in Israel's right to exist and indeed exist peacefully.

Me too, only not in the Middle East, and not led by Zionists.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I agree about the zionists, but Jerusalem is beautiful city that IMO should be shared by all religions, policed by the U.N. with Israeli and arab backup and it is in the middle east, It is the most important place in judaism and the 3rd most important in Islam. In my experience the most important place i christendom is my granny's front parlour. Only God himself and the local vicar were allowed in there. Lucky sods it had a colour tv. Us lesser mortals were relegated to the dining room and a black and white 12"portable. Try telling my kids that and expecting them to believ it

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Which is more powerful, A drawing of art or a sound of art?

The sound is always more powerful. Yes it has changed countries. It has motivated people to do the impossible.

But who plays it, is very important. If the person was someone that only wish for despair in any form ( sorry if this sounds like I'm dishing it out on rock stars, rap stars and the such) then people will be not be very motivated or will feel very down.

If it was from someone let's say Beethoven, people will making leaps and bounds in everything (Listened to his work at my work and I feel a whole lot better than listening to a heavy metal artist in any shape or form)

Gaza is a war zone that the people of Gaza do not want. A radio talk show host went there and aired there. He said they were the nicest people ever.

The people of Gaza are not terrorist, the real terrorist is Israel and all those who want power in any shape or form such as controlling people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join