It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music is an Instrument of Terror

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think music can be an instrument of terror from the isreali perspective,music can bring people together it can give a voice to protesters ,look atthe protest songs of neil young and bob dylan,isreal would not want the Palestinian Jhon lennon would they. Hell david hasselhoff single handily brought down the berlin wall with his masterpiece Freedom. On a more serious note,if you dont think music can be used as an istrument of terror here's an article about the American Military using the barney theme tune amgonst other awful songs to torture prisoners in iraq,seriously.Welcome to the disco
edit on 23-10-2012 by thebabyseagull because: spelling

edit on 23-10-2012 by thebabyseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Mate, have you ever been to egypt?

There are so many beggers its nuts. I imagine they could have banned then so every second person isnt playing a different song constantly?

But what of Singing I ask, what are their laws on singing. because the vocal chords are instruments

edit on 23-10-2012 by SageBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Another Israel bashing thread. Great!!! Just what the world needs right now to promote peace! If you are so much for peace why do you present your argument in a war like tone? I smell the "H" word! LOL!

Hmmmm says it all. We all know who the real warmongers are and it is not Israel.

If true (and at this stage what you have presented is by no means proof ...... no matter what you tell yourself or help you sleep at night) there would be a good reason for it. Perhaps if true the reason would be terrorist messages or codes could be embedded in music to help their cause? If that is the reason it's legitimate in itself. Who knows.

I call hoax on this until you produce an official Israeli document that expresses directly "Musical Instruments" are banned not some "General" worded document that cover "Goods" Per Se. If you do I will stand corrected but will accept that it done for good reason (their protection) not some left wing hippy "Big Bad Israel" "Every single thing they do is bad" reasoning.
edit on 22-10-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

Holy zealot batman!

Here is a little backround.

Music is demonic in biblical terms. Lucifer/Satan/The Devil was the first musician in the "ancient texts."

All you see here is Zionists taking this literal, as they do with everything holy. Why is it so hard to believe? I find it hard NOT to believe, if we are speaking plainly.

Not only that, but there is proof out there that this is actually in effect.

Even if terrorists could "code" messages inside a sick guitar riff, banning guitars is silly. You might as well ban forks and knives too, since you can write codes on those too.

Should we ban Alphabet soup because you can spell messages with the letters?

I mean, you do realize how crazy you sound right?

The next logical step is to ban pens and pencils and outlaw writing, only followed by making spoken word illegal, since information can be relayed from one terrorist to another that way as well.

This is pure lunacy.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

More LIES Mr CE ? Why am I not surprised ?

The official source of “Gaza: Lists of Controlled Entry Items”

www.mfa.gov.il...

And now in Hebrew:

www.mfa.gov.il...

From your own sorce (Gisha):

"The following list is APROXIMATE and partial, and it changes from time to time. IT IS BASED ON INFORMATION from Palestinian traders and businesspersons, international organizations, and the Palestinian Coordination Committee...”

If you knew anything about “GISHA”, you would know that it's funded by NIF who's purpose is to demonize Israel every chance it gets. But of course, why should you care. Your sources are only unbiased when it suits you right.,

And nice of you to omit the repeated terrorist attacks on the border checkpoints from which those items are supposed to enter Gaza strip.

Just a few examples:

Attack 1

Attack 2

Attack 3

but this is the last straw really. It's so grossly pathetic, I feel sad for you.
Comparing Gaza to an orchestra of prisoners in the concentration or death camps takes a sick twisted mind.
Those prisoners were playing to calm people walking into the gas chambers, or in the case of 'Theresienstadt' as part of a elaborate hoax to fool the Red Cross.

www.ushmm.org...

Music and the Holocaust
holocaustmusic.ort.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
this doesnt surprise me , music frees the soul and releases you from the torment abuse , its gives you a freedom which cannot be provided when you are literally already in a high security prison !

on a joking side note , cmon you never seen gangster movies with the tommy gun in the violin case ?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Those images and the banning of music is terrible!

Why won't the UN and the USA attack Israel to bring freedom, justice and democracy to the population like they did in Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan?

Oh right...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Perhaps if true the reason would be terrorist messages or codes could be embedded in music to help their cause? If that is the reason it's legitimate in itself. Who knows.

Am I the only one who has been away from ATS long enough to realise how stupid this sounds?

It doesn't even legitimate a considerate response.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Classical music (not to mention the training / playing / mastering of) is said to stimulate the brain and is even recommended for use to aid learning / absorption of information.

As such, seems like the Israelis are trying to 'dumb' the Palestinians out of existence.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
actually,your title of your thread is true,and has been so for many thousands of years!
to this day,bagpipes have been deemed an instrument of war in london,england,and if played,you are declaring war on england!
and yes,people have been arrested for doing this!

As a musical instrument of war, the Great Pipes of the Highlands were without equal, according to historians. The shrill and penetrating notes worked well in the roar and din of battle and pipes could be heard at distances up to 10 miles. Because of the importance of the bagpipes to any Highland army, they were classified as an instrument of war by the Loyalist government during the Highland uprising in the 1700s. After the defeat of Bonnie Prince Charlie in 1745, kilts and bagpipes were outlawed, the pipes being classified as instruments of war. Never has an instrument been so loved by a people and yet so feared by their enemies as the Highland bagpipes. The pipes are a symbol of strength, the salve of the soul, and the prize of Clans.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

More LIES Mr CE ?

No lies here Mr Gravi...just bringing some much needed truth to the table. I guess all the reports of this happening is all a conspiracy against the poor Zionists

I'm not a big fan of the UN but even they say that this is happening:

Import of goods into the Gaza Strip is limited as part of the 2007–present blockade of the Gaza Strip imposed by Israel and Egypt. Israel allows limited humanitarian supplies from aid organizations into the Gaza Strip. Humanitarian organizations, including UN agencies, bring goods into Gaza. As of May 2010, they have brought in, according to the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories of the Israel Defense Forces, 1.5 million liters of diesel fuel and gasoline, fruits and vegetables, wheat, sugar, meat, chicken and fish products, dairy products, animal feed, hygiene products, clothing and shoes.[1]

Cement, wood, iron, cattle, animal medicine, musical instruments, notebooks were among the items banned before June, 2010.[2]

In my opinion there are some agencies within the UN with good intentions but are suppressed by the higher ups and of course it's kind of hard to accomplish anything when the US vetos anything within it's power to protect Israel.

Hopefully the new Egyptian leadership will ease the restrictions from their border as they no longer appear to be US/Israeli puppets.

As for the comparison of modern day Israel to WW2 Germany, Solid Snake made a good post on page one just in case you missed it here is the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It amazes me how you act as if Israel can do no wrong and that you seem to pretend these things are not happening no matter how many times we give you a dose of reality you come back with blind denial.

Some of us would like to see some progression in this situation but others such as yourself seem to be quite content by the suffering of the Gazans...I'm surprised you haven't told us about how they have shopping malls and that Gaza is a 5 star resort.

Sure you can go shopping but if you want to buy fruit preserves or a guitar you are # out of luck unless it was smuggled in by those "evil terrorists" or made domestically.

We all need to come together and unite for both sides Gravi, it's not all about hate.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
actually,your title of your thread is true,and has been so for many thousands of years!
to this day,bagpipes have been deemed an instrument of war in london,england,and if played,you are declaring war on england!
and yes,people have been arrested for doing this!

As a musical instrument of war, the Great Pipes of the Highlands were without equal, according to historians. The shrill and penetrating notes worked well in the roar and din of battle and pipes could be heard at distances up to 10 miles. Because of the importance of the bagpipes to any Highland army, they were classified as an instrument of war by the Loyalist government during the Highland uprising in the 1700s. After the defeat of Bonnie Prince Charlie in 1745, kilts and bagpipes were outlawed, the pipes being classified as instruments of war. Never has an instrument been so loved by a people and yet so feared by their enemies as the Highland bagpipes. The pipes are a symbol of strength, the salve of the soul, and the prize of Clans.

Uh Oh.....we need to liberate England now????

It's too bad if they are controlling music. Music, like almost anything else, can be beautiful or sinister. But it's usually the words that go with the music that are actually dangerous. These messages can move nations of people. In what direction???? Depends on the message.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

If you knew anything about “GISHA”, you would know that it's funded by NIF who's purpose is to demonize Israel every chance it gets.

No one needs to demonize Israel they do a good job of that on their own by their actions.

There goes Israel one upping the Nazis. Hitler would be proud of the nation he helped create. How long till they claim the title of the fourth Reich?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You really can't blame Israel though they are only defending themselves. It's a little known fact that all kids in Gaza are graduates from MacGyver university and were planning on turning these instruments into some sort of sonic weapon.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SOLIDSNAKE101

Dr. Norman Finkelstein brings it. And what did he get for speaking his mind? He's been banned for ten years in the "Democratic" nation of Israel.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No need for those kids to learn about musical instruments, they have machine guns that produce better music sound anyway, better learn that instead I guess.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You obviously have never seen an episode of Mac guyver, that guy, could definitely turn that into a bazooka.

There's is a long list of scumbagish things israel does, holding up instruments, is way under killing children in my book,bulldozing land they don't own, illegal settlements on land they don't own, destruction of farms they don't own, destruction of water ways they don't own, destruction of sewers they don't own, stealing people from the public, that are not their citizens, "terrorizing a nation/people and pretending like they are still the persecuted",placing sanctions on a people that are illegal, killing people, beating people, stealing items/property that don't belong to them, capturing ships in open waters (pirate) the list goes on and on. All this based on a group that they most likely was formed by israel for false flags so they can continue to beat Palestine into the ground. In a land they shouldn't be in, in the first place given to them by people that didn't own the land either!

But IM glad the war on terror continues, its really helping Palestine now isn't it, oh wait we don't really care about a war on terror cause that's just a cover story isn't it now?

p.s damn u buster you stole my mac guyver lol!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Terrorism at it's best

edit on 23-10-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm guessing that whole "walls of Jericho" debacle really left an impression on them.

-second line-

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Making a comparison of Gaza resembling a nazi camp is far fetched and offensive though I am a palestinian couch supporter. What I think we mean to say is the Isreal should know better than to treat Palesrinian people less than how they demand the world to treat them. Why is it that Isrealis hate Palestinians or even other cultures? Is it really about land ownership? Sure it is. The bigger the land the more resources they accumulate to fight other nations. Isreal did not agree to not using nuclear weapons against countries without nuclear weapons. Pakistan and India did not sign that paper either. If I were Iran I would feel threatened by this. I want to add how threatened US citizens have become over the years toward Mexican people who have been pushing to change our language from English to Spanish to accomodate their needs. We haven't experienced Mexicans owning stores and services white folks can"t use. Our religions are similar enough not to conflict yet we still feel threatened. I am sure the people of the middle east felt far more threatened when Isrealis were given land smack dab in Muslim land. Isrealis treated Muslims like we treated Blacks before civil rights movement took motion. The US has come a ways from that retard mentality of who gets classified as a person versus an animal but Isreal still holds this mentality. What can we do to change this without using brute force?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join