It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music is an Instrument of Terror

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes, that's right folks...musical instruments are used for terrorism.

One of the many things that are banned from Gaza with the savage blockade that it's inhabitants are subjected to on a daily basis are musical instruments.

Import of goods into the Gaza Strip is limited as part of the 2007–present blockade of the Gaza Strip imposed by Israel and Egypt. Israel allows limited humanitarian supplies from aid organizations into the Gaza Strip. Humanitarian organizations, including UN agencies, bring goods into Gaza. As of May 2010, they have brought in, according to the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories of the Israel Defense Forces, 1.5 million liters of diesel fuel and gasoline, fruits and vegetables, wheat, sugar, meat, chicken and fish products, dairy products, animal feed, hygiene products, clothing and shoes.[1]

Cement, wood, iron, cattle, animal medicine, musical instruments, notebooks were among the items banned before June, 2010.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Even the Nazis allowed musical instruments in concentration camps.

www.holocaust-lestweforget.com...

www.music.ucsb.edu...

beatcrave.com...

This blockade and it's restrictions are beyond lunacy and the people of Gaza need to stop being treated like animals. The Zionists in Israel give the rest of it's inhabitants a bad name.

Even many Israelis believe the blockade to be unjust and worthy of protest:

(This article is a couple years old but proves my point)

Israelis protest Gaza blockade

Hundreds of Israelis have rallied in central Tel Aviv to protest against the Israeli blockade on the Gaza Strip.

Israeli Arab and Jewish activists marched on Saturday in the city's Rabin square, chanting slogans and waving signs calling for "Freedom and Justice in Gaza".

The protesters demanded Israel end the blockade, deeming its continuation a "war crime", the AFP news agency reported.

The Gaza Strip has been under an Israeli blockade since 2007 when Hamas seized power in the territory.

www.aljazeera.com...

Yes, there are angry Gazans who are shooting rockets into Israel and are not helping anyone in the process but that does not mean the children of Gaza and the rest of it's citizens should suffer.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I can slay with my guitar and twist your mind with my rhymes

Music has a powerful effect, it has change countries before.

Rock on

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo

I can slay with my guitar and twist your mind with my rhymes

Music has a powerful effect, it has change countries before.

Rock on

Rock on

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Another Israel bashing thread. Great!!! Just what the world needs right now to promote peace! If you are so much for peace why do you present your argument in a war like tone? I smell the "H" word! LOL!

Hmmmm says it all. We all know who the real warmongers are and it is not Israel.

If true (and at this stage what you have presented is by no means proof ...... no matter what you tell yourself or help you sleep at night) there would be a good reason for it. Perhaps if true the reason would be terrorist messages or codes could be embedded in music to help their cause? If that is the reason it's legitimate in itself. Who knows.

I call hoax on this until you produce an official Israeli document that expresses directly "Musical Instruments" are banned not some "General" worded document that cover "Goods" Per Se. If you do I will stand corrected but will accept that it done for good reason (their protection) not some left wing hippy "Big Bad Israel" "Every single thing they do is bad" reasoning.
edit on 22-10-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I call hoax on this until you produce an official Israeli document that expresses directly "Musical Instruments" are banned not some "General" worded document that cover "Goods" Per Se.

It's not a hoax.

Here is a PDF with some information, it's not an official Israeli document but there are various sources making the same claims.

gisha.org...

Can you help me find the official Israeli document which lists the items that are not allowed into Gaza?

I'm searching right now...

Oh, this is not an Israel bashing thread as I already acknowledged the good within Israel and provided evidence of Israelis protesting the blockade.

You need to open up your eyes and see the bigger picture "phatpackage".
edit on 22-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

A list from Wikipedia: Goods allowed or banned for import into Gaza The wiki sources include the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. I think a person can trust the UN on such matters.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
How come people that defend Israel so fervently are unable to admit that their government is capable of doing anything questionable. Even citizens of the west admits to a certain extent when their countries government does something unjustifiable..
edit on 22-10-2012 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2012 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
L
L
with the zionazi BS denial and THEN "explanation" of why this "might be true".
trying to have cake and eat it and sell it to somebody else on e-bay

secret codes in music -snicker-

RLMFAO!!!!!

and a S&F
so others can see this foolishness
[probably inspired by a Big Phat One]

[as well as the worthy subject of the OP]

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

If true (and at this stage what you have presented is by no means proof ...... no matter what you tell yourself or help you sleep at night) there would be a good reason for it. Perhaps if true the reason would be terrorist messages or codes could be embedded in music to help their cause? If that is the reason it's legitimate in itself. Who knows.

I hate totalitarianism... but in this case I'll make an exception.

No. You're wrong. You're indoctrinated by the Fear. Not the Fear created by terrorists, but the Fear carefully manufactured and controlled by our sadistic societal overlords and the engineers of the War Machine. They're profiting grossly off both sides of this "War", meanwhile we praise them for it. They fund and arm both sides of the "War"... and we thank them. The individuals responsible get rich and powerful... and the nations and victims get poorer and weaker. Israel, U.S.A., Iran, Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah... they're all just pawns in a game in which we are all unwilling participants in. The politics of it all is a show. It's a front. The truth is much more deliberate and sinister if you muster the courage to dig under the layer of scum on the surface...

There's no good reason for this (if it's true). How about we illegalize puppy dogs, because terrorists could strap bombs to them and use them as weapons? How about we illegalize cars, because terrorists could use them to mow down civilians? How about we illegalize water, because terrorists could use it to drown innocent western children?

How about we illegalize leaving your house? That way you'll be safe inside your little sheltered box where no terrorists can hurt you using all these evil tools of the world?

Fear, fear, fear, fear, fear.... be scared.. you're powerless.. you're vulnerable... you need protection.... you're never safe... everyone's out to get you.... but the government has it under control. Just give them more money so they can invade more countries. So they can buy more bombs. So they can produce more guns. So they can pay more troops. So they can watch more citizens. So they can end more lives... so we can once and for all win the War on "TERROR" and we can all be free!

Come on brother. You're a human being. You've got more sense and courage than that. But you've traded that courage and sense for a false sense of security. You can ban and sensor everything and anything you want, but you'll never be completely safe. Life is a dangerous gig and that's how it is. But you're still the most powerful being on the planet. When are you gonna start acting like it?

I'd rather face off (and potentially die) grappling with a "terrorist" than die old and miserable and lifeless and scared shaking meekly under my bed. I'd rather not have to die at all, but unfortunately that's out of my hands. But what's not out of my hands is the state of mind in which I live in (and go out with).

Regain your dignity, humanity! We all die in the end so forget about that and worry about what you're doing while you're still here! What the hell are we so scared of that we must cower and beg for protection at seemingly any cost?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I call hoax on this until you produce an official Israeli document that expresses directly "Musical Instruments" are banned not some "General" worded document that cover "Goods" Per Se.

I imagine you call hoax because you also think it's nonsense and inhuman, right ?
Unfortunately, it's true. Even musical productions are banned.
You should read this interesting article.

Arabic production companies such as Rotana, Melody Music, and Mazzika are not permitted to bring in their goods to entrain the people of Gaza. Even DVDs of Hollywood blockbusters do not make it into Gaza like they used to prior to the embargo.

I came to learn this summer that Israel bans genuine music CDs and movie DVDs from making it into Gaza. As I was trying to put a list of good songs together to play at my engagement party, I was shocked to learn that no genuine music CDS are sold in Gaza.

Israel, Not Hamas, Bans Music in Gaza

edit on 22-10-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

This is "NOT" Israel bashing thread. This is about "Hypocrisy" and cruelty. Corruption Exposed indeed.

WARNING

Contain "strong" graphic images

[align=center][color=grey]The idea that images have an emotional, very persuasive power compared to the rationality of the written and spoken word is becoming more apparent as the digital age moves forward and image campaigns use visuals to grab the attention of viewers/readers rather than words.[/align]

The Brutal Zionist Role in the Holocaust

GERMANY 1940 ISRAEL 2009

Jews & Palestinians

After the downfall of Nazi Germany, the German people "washed their hands" of any complicity in the Jewish extermination camps by pleading ignorance. Lower rank German soldiers excused themselves by saying that they were only following military orders. Today, in the Holy Land, the Zionist Jews, with the support of the majority of Israel's population are themselves perpetuating a holocaust against the Palestinian people. After the bodies are counted and the atrocities documented, how will the Jews excuse themselves for committing these crimes against humanity?

Jewish girl tries to criticise Dr. Norman Finkelstein

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-10-2012 by SOLIDSNAKE101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There was a time that the U.S thought that there was something similar as music being an instrument of terror, when they used (and still do, just not as much) cointelpro, and other organizations to spy on musicians that made music that mattered.

That all changed however when music became about booties, and not love, and about B** and money, then about peace. Music can I still think be an instrument of terror from those that want things not to be share, instead we hear static, and noise.

I hope that one day we can take beautiful words and mix them with sound the way they were intended then to divide and use musical instruments as an excuse not to share something that should be free for all.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Then Jesus Returned and told everyone

QUIET ON THE STAGE please

and it was

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
To deny children education in the musical arts, no matter which instrument it might be, is terrible. Music is something fundamental to the human experience; in my opinion. Banning a musical instrument is just one more example of the terror Israel carries out in the Giza strip. `To prevent terror` is such a vague and weak reason to ban such an item that I can only deduce that it is being done to simply cause further suffering of the common people. It is not enough to kill them, destroy their homes, blocked them from getting basic medical supplies and food. They also have to deny them music.

The shocking thing of all is that leaders in the first world sit back and allow such things to happen. This is unacceptable and should be considered as inhumane and barbaric.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Is it true?

If yes, this thread is not bashing Isreal. It is providing information on what is GOING ON in Isreal. Just like any other thread, really. Truth hurts, remember that whenever you are hurt by a word.
If no, shame on the hoaxer and the poster of this thread.

Case closed. Carry on.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
LOL. This makes absolutely no sense, music is a wonderful thing, and it has done many wonders to this world. Absolutely nothing wrong with it (except of course that screamo genre, that only promotes violence and turns kids into violent depressed and emotionally unstable fools) but just, classical music, like a piano, guitar, ect ect. Its great, and peaceful.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Craziness. I wonder who the real terrorists are again?

PS- If I had made a claim that you were a hoaxer, and then shown that it was the truth, I would either retract my statement made as fact, or apologize...unfortunately, this isn't the norm on ATS.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
An instrument of Terror ????
Maybe Lady Gaga lol

but not :

Real musicians have only nice words and Love in them .. not hatred
edit on 10/23/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiteNGale2

A list from Wikipedia: Goods allowed or banned for import into Gaza The wiki sources include the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. I think a person can trust the UN on such matters.

Trust the UN? No way! This might be true, might not be, but the UN is not a credible source.

That aside, even the wiki article states that much of this is done as an economic sanction, and they have that right. No one is denying people music; if true, they are denying imported instruments. Plus, I have to add that I recall several reading reports on supposed "humanitarian aid" that was blocked, and later searched, and found to be weapons, when it was claimed it was food, etc. I know that I do not trust the Palestinians at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
what people get upset about is the hypocrisy.

if any other nation on earth did the EXACTLY the same thing israel is doing in gaza, it would be condemned unilaterally by all nations in the u.n., sanctions imposed and the united states sending in 150,000 troops to "liberate" them.

can u imagine 1.7 million jews living in those conditions. aipac would be screaming until the cows come home at holocaust 2.

yet they are branded as terrorists and physically isolated in the biggest open air detainment camp in the world.

well not really detainment, they are allowed to leave, but they'll never get back in.

don't even bother checking the gaza strip on wiki, they made it look like its the most prosperous and free place on earth. looking at the pictures you'd think you'd like to vacation there and that's its not under military occupation.

but the sniper towers surrounding the strip, would quickly make you reconsider.
edit on 23-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join