It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama campaign Advisers are Double Agents for Lobbyists ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Apparently several Obama Campaign advisers have connections to corporate interests and seem to be mixing campaign strategies with corporate agendas.

Not surprising is the main player is none other than long time Obama associate Anita Dunn, who is a senior campaign adviser and former White House communications director.

The New York Times exposed some of this the other day.

These "advisers" are right on the line of scrimmage and manage to stay "on sides" by using legal loopholes.

WASHINGTON — In the rarefied world of political consultants who straddle the line between campaign adviser and corporate strategist, Anita Dunn has few peers.

As a confidante of President Obama and a senior campaign adviser, Ms. Dunn has helped prepare him for the debates this month, plotted campaign strategy and acted as a surrogate of sorts in attacking Mitt Romney for a “backward-looking attitude” on issues like women’s rights and health care.

She and her colleagues at SKDKnickerbocker, a communications firm, have built a growing list of blue-chip companies — food manufacturers, a military contractor, the New York Stock Exchange and the Canadian company developing the Keystone XL pipeline — willing to pay handsomely for help in winning over federal regulators or landing government contracts. Some clients and lobbyists who have teamed up with SKDK say they benefit from the firm’s ability to provide information about the Obama administration’s views. ......

Strategizing for the President, and Corporate Clients, Too

Erik Smith, a senior media adviser for the Obama campaign, is the founder of a communications and issue advocacy firm whose current and former clients include Citigroup, Ford, Delta Air Lines and Genentech.

Jim Margolis, another senior campaign adviser on media strategies, has an outside consulting firm that promotes his work “at the intersection of politics, advertising and advocacy.”

And Broderick Johnson, a senior Obama aide, is a former lobbyist who has a consulting shop promising “a wealth of public and private relationships” that corporate clients can use “to secure useful intelligence.” He is taking a leave from the consulting shop while he is with the campaign.
The article continues with some background on Anita Dunn

Conflict of Interest always draws a fine line

And now we see some agitations from within

related article from The Daily Beast....

Top Obama aides were stunned by disclosures that the ex-aide and current campaign adviser is so active with firms lobbying the administration. James Warren reports.

White House and campaign officials privately are voicing chagrin and surprise over the extent of presidential confidante Anita Dunn’s extensive consulting work for firms lobbying the administration on policies and regulations at the very time she is a key reelection adviser.

“It smells,” said one Obama campaign official. He asked for anonymity, as did at least three other White House and campaign aides, as well as one close personal friend of the president who responded to disclosures by The New York Times.

Obama Aides ‘Pissed Off’ About Anita Dunn

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

i swear your the attack poodle for the right on this sight,

kettle meet financial advisor to romney

they are all out to sell you out,

to the highest bidder, d or r

why you so blind?

xploder

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I was hoping you could tell me.

I will search for some Romney advisers that are in the same room.

Do you have any names ?

It's time for facts, not conjectures.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by XPLodER

I was hoping you could tell me.

I will search for some Romney advisers that are in the same room.

Do you have any names ?

It's time for facts, not conjectures.

watch the following video trailer,
his face is in their,

its called

INSIDE JOB

www.imdb.com...

you tell me

xploder
edit on 22-10-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

L
L
yet another in your face, bald faced lie by the POSUS

makes like he's a pimp.

but is actually the whore

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

not a bad rebuttal....

you are getting warmer.

but we do need some direct connections.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Both sides do this. Both need campaign contributions. The real trick is to see which politician doesn't become the lap dog of corporate interests.

top topics

join