It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown “Creature” Captured On Trail Camera

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well this could be a hoax, a camera trick, or nothing at all, but just maybe it's actually something?

There is another picture at the below link and it also allows you to zoom in so I advise you view the picture there as well.

Kudos to fellow member emberscott for providing the video:

An international team has returned from investigating the creature known as Sasquatch with a clear image that two world experts have been unable to identify.

The image and accompanying 1 sec film clip was taken by a trail camera in the team’s camp at approx. 02:30 on Tuesday 4th September 2012 in the North Cascades National Park, Washington State, an area renowned for Sasquatch activity.

The team spent two weeks in the area and although they experienced a plethora of “associated” Sasquatch activity, rock-throwing, screams, unexplained noises, they objectively could not say what these incidents were caused by. The image, however, shows an unidentifiable object situated between an extinguished campfire and two team members who were sleeping outside unaware.

The image and film clip were sent to Jeff Meldrum, Professor of Anatomy and Anthropology at Idaho State University and to Ian Redmond O.B.E., a field biologist for investigation. Despite thorough analysis they have been unable to come to any conclusion on the evidence presented – but neither have they disregarded it as fake or immediately explainable.

www.extreme-expeditions.net...

My theory is that it's just an animal that is native to the area but I cannot come up with any concrete guesses. These so called "experts" couldn't figure it out either so I'm calling on my fellow ATS members to chime in and help figure this one out. I'm confident that at least one of us may be able to come up with some decent guesses.

For the record, I am unsure whether or not I believe in the whole Bigfoot phenomena but I have an open mind, it's just all that I have ever seen were some really bad hoaxes and nothing very convincing to this point. The idea of distant relatives of ours roaming the woods does interest me and there are plenty of similar legends from all corners of the globe so it's certainly possible.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: add vid

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What am I supposed to be looking at in the image?

Maybe I'm being blind or maybe it's like on of those "Magic Eye" pics of the 80's & 90's and I have to stare at it for long enough and that shapes start to appear.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Extreme Expeditions Ltd (EE Ltd) who organised and participated in this expedition comprises field researchers Adam Davies and Andrew Sanderson, who have conducted worldwide research into unknown creatures for the last 14 years, most notably the Orang Pendek in Sumatra.

14 years of searching and this is the best evidence?

Does it seem odd to anyone else that the table is covered in rubbish(the area in question looks more like a campsite)?

At first glance, it looks like a person in a sleeping bag smoking a .....

edit on 22/10/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

What am I supposed to be looking at in the image?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I just don't see it - or anything that could be construed as a creature. It looks like trash.

Edit: OK, I stared at what you circled for a minute straight, and still don't see it. Besides isn't the abominable snowman the white one...
edit on 22-10-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This may help.

I honestly don't see much.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't know what it is, but looking at the pictures,It looks like some drunk guy wrapped up in a sheet getting up.

I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Now I am pretty convinced that it is someone in a sleeping bag smoking a .......

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I received a U2U from another member that provided that video and have edited it into my OP.

Regrettably the video does not show much either.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
To me, it looks like a person with his/her back towards the camera and with a shirt/towel over his/her head.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I see a garbage bag moving with the wind.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The video helps, but it's just a one second loop of "it" moving a small degree - I wonder what happened to the rest of the video? Smells like hoax.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

OK

Well that's pretty silly I think.

It's either someone wrapped in blankets/sleeping bag crouched or sat down... they're clearly camping out drinking and so on..

Has this gotten much attention?

What are people saying?

I just don't get it tbh.

Cheers for pointing it out though.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

My take?

Some guy wrapped in a sheet at a campsite who drank too much and they captured him in the midst of hurling away from the camera.

Either that or Sasquatch caught on a trail that just looks like some guy wrapped in a sheet at a campsite who drank too much and they captured him in the midst of hurling away from the camera.
edit on 22-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Now I am pretty convinced that it is someone in a sleeping bag smoking a .......

That's the best theory I have heard so far

I wasn't really expecting this to turn out to be anything extra special, I just wanted to share it and get some opinions. It looks like some type of critter to me but I don't know what kind.

And yeah, that is pretty depressing if that is what they have wasted their last 14 years for.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I can see that, beer bottles all around.. some drunk dude, wrapped up, moving away from the camera. I guess that's what Sasquatch hunters do, it's an excuse to go camping and drinking.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Looks to me like someone wrapped up in there sleeping bag rocking back and forth i don't think its anything earth shaking..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Haha... this is a joke right?

Anyone who has ever done any camping in the wilderness knows that food or garbage not hoisted up off the ground is going to attracted either hungry or curious animals such as raccoons, wolves, porcupine, skunk, bear etc. ...heck even your own pet (dog) will rummage through food and garbage left out!

No mysterious creature here...just the image is too dark to specifically identify the species taking advantage of
either "citydiots" or laziness.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Uhg!

Nevermind.

I might as well be that drunk guy under a sheet.
Jeez!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

And yeah, that is pretty depressing if that is what they have wasted their last 14 years for.

It probably sounds worse than it is.

Recreational camping on a regular basis with friends?

I would say that those nuts are on to something......but it isn't sasquatch.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join