It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My faith is in Christ Jesus

None of this "Dog N Pony" show matters much (The Debates)

The Elite will be sure to "Select" who it is they want in the W.H.

"What If America" A Wake Up Call....

edit on 23-10-2012 by JediOfTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Who told you the vast majority of the military doesn't support Obama? Me and my friends do, for what it's worth. Though actually, we don't care who's the Commander in Chief, we care who's offering a pay raise and less deployment.

More pay and less work?

Is that what you just said?

Now we know why you support Obama.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Who told you the vast majority of the military doesn't support Obama? Me and my friends do, for what it's worth. Though actually, we don't care who's the Commander in Chief, we care who's offering a pay raise and less deployment.

More pay and less work?

Isn't that what everyone wants? Work less, make more? Why you think people go to College? To have a better job, as in "not to work hard" but make big money. One of the reasons I went back to College, got tired working for "union" night shift work 12 hours a night with only one 30 minute break, plus being monitored and controlled. Hopefully after I graduate I can get a easier job and make more money, hopefully.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here is a 2012 poll of active duty soldiers, airmen, and marines: You can decide for yourself if the majority support Obama or not.

militarytimes.com...

Overall, do you approve or disapprove of the way President Obama is handling his job as president?
Percent Total
approve ████████████ 21.72% 172
Disapprove ███████████████████████████ 51.14% 405
Neutral ██████████ 16.79% 133
Decline to answer ██████ 10.35% 82

Of course the numbers vary depending on the question.

Feel free to pick it apart if you like. To be fair it should be noted that the majority of those polled lean to the right.

In general, would you describe your political views as:
Percent Total
Very conservative ██████ 6.84% 54
Conservative ████████████████████ 38.91% 307
Moderate ████████████████████ 37.01% 292
Liberal ██████ 6.72% 53
Very liberal █ 1.39% 11
Decline to answer ██████ 9.13% 72

edit on 10/23/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

More pay and less work?

That is a weird thing to say. I had, i don't know, just assumed everyone wanted this.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Here is a 2012 poll of active duty soldiers, airmen, and marines: You can decide for yourself if the majority support Obama or not.

militarytimes.com...

Overall, do you approve or disapprove of the way President Obama is handling his job as president?
Percent Total
approve ████████████ 21.72% 172
Disapprove ███████████████████████████ 51.14% 405
Neutral ██████████ 16.79% 133
Decline to answer ██████ 10.35% 82

Of course the numbers vary depending on the question.

Feel free to pick it apart if you like.

So incredibly wrong.

Update: Armed Forces Show Overwhelming Support for Obama

Update, Oct. 21: Fundraising numbers for the month of September show Obama continuing to dominate when it comes to contributions from the military. The new data, which came in after the story below was published Oct. 15, show he raised $142,197, just a shade less than he collected in August, his strongest month with this set of donors. Romney brought in $111,015 for his best month ever with military donors, but that was still 22 percent less than Obama received.

www.opensecrets.org...

So even in his "best" month Romney is getting over 20% less in donations from military folks.

Pretty clear who the military want to win, and who they trust.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Yeah right.....

Around 400,000 M9s have been procured since 1984. In 2011 the U.S. government posted a solicitation for 40,000 new M9 bayonets, which would have supplied 40% of the 1916 Army, or four for every Marine. Read more: TRR: Obama Sticks it to Romney on Bayonets - Washington Times p.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by promenion

Isn't that what everyone wants? Work less, make more? Why you think people go to College? To have a better job, as in "not to work hard" but make big money.

Those days are over, friend. A college education doesn't guaranty anything any more, except an edge to be able to get a job in the first place. It's never going to be like it used to be. These days employers are asking applicants to have a degree in order to run a copy machine. Why? Because they know that college degrees come a dime a dozen now.

I can see Obama offering employers an incentive to hire young people in order to pay off their college debt to keep it from becoming the next bubble that bursts, but it won't do them any good if they're not willing to work hard, because most everybody has one. They are still going to have to prove themselves in order to advance, and even that's not guaranteed these days if the economy doesn't improve first.

One of the reasons I went back to College, got tired working for "union" night shift work 12 hours a night with only one 30 minute break, plus being monitored and controlled. Hopefully after I graduate I can get a easier job and make more money, hopefully.

I can certainly understand not wanting to work 12 hours shifts, but in the near future, I think you're going to find out that other jobs aren't going to be paying much better, depending on the field you've chosen to go into.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by PrplHrt
What Obama doesn't mention is that Ghaddafi was replaced with the Muslim Brotherhood. Not good.

Unless you are pro Muslim Brotherhood...

Egypt falls = replaced by Muslim Brotherhood
Lybia falls = replaced by Muslim Brotherhood
Jordan parliment falls = replaced by Muslim Brotherhood

Syria???...
Yemen???...
Saudi Arabia???...

It seems all governments we have hand assistance in toppling this last presidential term have resulted in the Muslim Brotherhood taking control of the governements...

Not a bad foreign policy eh Mr. Barak Hussien Obama.

God Bless,

As opposed to the Republican belief in propping up endless dictatorships yes?

Gotta love how pro-brutal dictator the right in America is...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I couldn't bring myself to watch the fiasco. I watched the first two and they were complete jokes in my opinion.

All these things do is drive more division among the sheep herds. They accomplish nothing constructive. It gives the devout extremists ammunition to fight with each other...which is retarded beyond description. These "scripted" publicity stunts are a waste of air and electricity.

I said last week that this was going to be a draw and from seeing how many "true believers" are saying their particular puppet won...I'd say I called it right.

Neither of these turds are going to fix the economy. Neither of these bozos are going to embrace peace. If you think either of them are going to do anything to make your personal life better...you are smoking something powerful.

Time to get a clue folks...whichever one wins..."We the people"...lose.

And you can take that to the bank.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by promenion

Isn't that what everyone wants? Work less, make more? Why you think people go to College? To have a better job, as in "not to work hard" but make big money.

Those days are over, friend. A college education doesn't guaranty anything any more, except an edge to be able to get a job in the first place. It's never going to be like it used to be. These days employers are asking applicants to have a degree in order to run a copy machine. Why? Because they know that college degrees come a dime a dozen now.

I can see Obama offering employers an incentive to hire young people in order to pay off their college debt to keep it from becoming the next bubble that bursts, but it won't do them any good if they're not willing to work hard, because most everybody has one. They are still going to have to prove themselves in order to advance, and even that's not guaranteed these days if the economy doesn't improve first.

One of the reasons I went back to College, got tired working for "union" night shift work 12 hours a night with only one 30 minute break, plus being monitored and controlled. Hopefully after I graduate I can get a easier job and make more money, hopefully.

I can certainly understand not wanting to work 12 hours shifts, but in the near future, I think you're going to find out that other jobs aren't going to be paying much better, depending on the field you've chosen to go into.

It's not a matter of 12 hour shifts, it's a matter to being compensated accordingly for your hard physical work, if I work very hard in a warehouse, doing all manual labor, on my feet all night long lifting heavy boxes, I should be paid accordingly, at least minimum $15/hour. (I'm talking here about my experience where I worked in a union type of a job). But no, they pay $10 minus all taxes and union fees. The system needs to change.

Plus, what pissed me off, was that they RECORD/MONITOR the amount of "boxes" you lift and place, each hours you should do so many. Well that doesn't work, because some people work slower and some faster, if I load more "boxes" than another worker, why aren't I compensated more? Its ridiculous, but no wonder I seen at least 7 new people every 2-3 months of work there...

edit on 23-10-2012 by promenion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

So incredibly wrong.

Update: Armed Forces Show Overwhelming Support for Obama

Update, Oct. 21: Fundraising numbers for the month of September show Obama continuing to dominate when it comes to contributions from the military. The new data, which came in after the story below was published Oct. 15, show he raised $142,197, just a shade less than he collected in August, his strongest month with this set of donors. Romney brought in $111,015 for his best month ever with military donors, but that was still 22 percent less than Obama received.

www.opensecrets.org...

So even in his "best" month Romney is getting over 20% less in donations from military folks.

Pretty clear who the military want to win, and who they trust.

You should have added this from the bottom of the article you cited.

Correction: This story was changed to accurately reflect that eight of the 11 military branches analyzed have given more to Republican presidential candidates, not Romney alone. Additionally, the sentence detailing which branches give the most money to Romney has been updated with correct numbers.

www.opensecrets.org...

8 of the 11 branches have given more to Republicans candidates than to Obama. That presents a much clearer picture I think.
edit on 10/23/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Who the Military wanted to win was Ron Paul and donated overwhelmingly to his Campaign, way more than the current donations to Romney and Obama.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

When are some of you going to realize that the Muslim Brotherhood is a dictatorship in disguise?

Gain power first. Build up trust second. Then slam down the hammer on democracy. Just like Iran.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by promenion

It's not a matter of 12 hour shifts, it's a matter to being compensated accordingly for your hard physical work, if I work very hard in a warehouse, doing all manual labor, on my feet all night long lifting heavy boxes, I should be paid accordingly, at least minimum $15/hour. (I'm talking here about my experience where I worked in a union type of a job). But no, they pay $10 minus all taxes and union fees. The system needs to change.

This is due to the economy. If more people were spending money, your chances of making more doing manual labor would go up, but they are not.

Do you mind if I ask what field you're trying to get into? This will make a big difference on your ability to work less and make more, but beware, salaried jobs are requiring a lot of multi-tasking and long hours without hourly pay. However, maybe this doesn't bother you as long as you're not physicially taxing yourself, but mentally taxing yourself instead.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

When are some of you going to realize that the Muslim Brotherhood is a dictatorship in disguise?

Gain power first. Build up trust second. Then slam down the hammer on democracy. Just like Iran.

You literally have NO idea what you're talking about...

The biggest reason Iran is the way it is is because of a MASSIVE war and two consecutive dictatorships brutal dictatorships.

Guess who was behind most of that... ?

Why the lovely capitalist democracy known as the United States of America.

Add to that, you OBVIOUSLY have no idea what the MB represents and what form it takes in 99% of it's engagement with various populations... this is not Qotb's MB.

I assume you know who Sayyid Qutb is, yes? Maybe have a passable understanding of Milestones?

Maybe you should read this:

www.ikhwanweb.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
Who the Military wanted to win was Ron Paul and donated overwhelmingly to his Campaign, way more than the current donations to Romney and Obama.

Another Ron Paul supporter making stuff up?

Why yes it is:

Despite the fact that Paul once raised almost twice as much as Obama did from the military, the president has received $536,414 from military donors, compared to Paul's $399,274 and Romney's $287,435, according to research by the Center for Responsive Politics.

Which number is bigger, $536,414 (Obama) or $399,274 (Paul)?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Only true business scum equates to barbed wire around the Foxconn building being there to keep the hungry workers out.

Mitt Romney wants people to think that Chinese labor conditions are good, and that the barbed wire doesnt keep the workers in, but that they jeep the ones who want to work there out!

Imagine Mitt Romney as president. All American manufacturing either closes down in favor of Chinese outsourcing (which is how he made his fortune), or we will have no labor laws in this country and we will have barred and barbed wire windows here @ home as children pump out products for a dollar an hour.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Only true business scum equates to barbed wire around the Foxconn building being there to keep the hungry workers out.

Mitt Romney wants people to think that Chinese labor conditions are good, and that the barbed wire doesnt keep the workers in, but that they jeep the ones who want to work there out!

Imagine Mitt Romney as president. All American manufacturing either closes down in favor of Chinese outsourcing (which is how he made his fortune), or we will have no labor laws in this country and we will have barred and barbed wire windows here @ home as children pump out products for a dollar an hour.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

From your link....

A: We believe that the political reform is the true and natural gateway for all other kinds of reform. We have announced our acceptance of democracy that acknowledges political pluralism, the peaceful rotation of power and the fact that the nation is the source of all powers. As we see it, political reform includes the termination of the state of emergency, restoring public freedoms, including the right to establish political parties, whatever their tendencies may be, and the freedom of the press, freedom of criticism and thought, freedom of peaceful demonstrations, freedom of assembly, etc.

Yeah, right!

We all saw how well the Muslim Brotherhood did in keeping "peaceful demonstrations" over the Muslim video.

They didn't do squat until we threatened to cut off their money supply.

By the way, if Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood wants us to think they're a separate, peaceful division of the original Muslim Brotherhood, they should change their name.

In the meanwhile, Al Qaeda came out recently and blasted the Muslim Brotherhood for not spreading "political Islam" more rapidly. Who do you think Al Qaeda was talking to? What do you think it means to spread "political Islam"? I guaranty it's not what you think it is!

edit on 23-10-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join