It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread.

page: 36
27
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz


^ lol owned



"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein


Reality.




posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Why do people ignore Obamas record of terrible job with the economy and the Libya fiasco?


Do you ever get the feeling that you're being ignored?!


People who believe in him will never see it that way.

Personally, I don't believe the economy is doing as good as the White House wants us to think.

And his handling of foreign affairs is shameful IMO. He makes us look weak.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You're not alone. Sam Feist at CNN:


CNN poll of debate watchers: Who did debate make you more likely to vote for? Obama 24%, Romney 25%, Neither 50%.


twitter.com...

Next jobs report due out November 2nd. It's going to be blatantly obvious, if they manipulate the next one.

-au

Originally posted by Axial Leader
I have really enjoyed this thread tonight. I believe I have read every single post. This was especially appreciated tonight because my Dish TV receiver went out, and I had to listen to the debate on radio, so some of the color commentary here (usually filled in by the talking heads on TV) was nicely supplied by you folks. Well done! There are a lot of brilliant people on ATS, for sure.

Here is the thing -- you may think this is extremely shallow -- but I plan to vote as follows:

There will be one more job report coming out November 2nd. Purely and simply, if this job report shows a continued decline in the unemployment rate, I will be voting for Obama. If the unemployment rate stays the same or goes up, I will be voting for Romney. That is the way things will break for me.

I know you may think this is crazy, but in the absence of any other material facts -- with nothing to operate with except self-serving opinions, almost all of it speculation -- this job report will be the major determining factor for me. There is a certain undeniable epistemology to making a decision this way.

www.nytimes.com...

I think there are millions of people who agree with me on this. It will be hard to vote for Obama if this next jobs report does not show even a little improvement. Likewise, it it looks good, a lot of people will be willing to stay the course, no doubt. And I think it will be difficult to impossible to manipulate this report in any substantial way. I hope.

Have a nice evening, and thanks for all the deep thoughts.

Regards.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink
 


Exactly my point. It seems no matter what the candidates said, people had decided their winner beforehand, and looked for signs and portents to prove themselves right. There's no need to even ponder on who CNN or FOX claimed the winner. They had already decided no matter how the debate went.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
So is there coherent discussion in this topic or just general cheerleading? Looks like the latter. You've ruined it again ATS...abort thread...


Actually, there are a few posters debating and discussing the differences between the 2 candidates.

But yeah, for the most part, those who are for Obama, well they said he did better.
Those for Romney say he did better.

Me, I was too busy reading all the comments!!!


The MSM will be showing the debate over and over all week long....ugh.


Dissecting and analyzing every little remark & quirk.....



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 


We train with bayonets. Don't use them in combat. I believe it has been classified as inhumane or something and the use of them is banned by the Geneva convention rules or guidelines or whatever they are. However, some units still issue them as a sidearm of sorts.

I have to say this debate was entertaining.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals
 




"You mean the Eighties... when America was growing by leaps and bounds, after another Democrat-induced Recession, and financial crisis?


No, I think he means the Eighties when Voodoo Economics DOUBLED America's debt against the GDP.

The mild, short lived recession caused by austerity measures imposed to close the Viet Nam War deficit was over by the time Reagan took office in 1981.

Reagan's voodoo strategy policies, and Reagan's voodoo strategy policies alone caused the recession of the early 1980's, and he had to abandon them to get out of it - and doubled the debt from 30% of GDP to 60% of GDP in the process.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by LiberLegit
So is there coherent discussion in this topic or just general cheerleading? Looks like the latter. You've ruined it again ATS...abort thread...


Actually, there are a few posters debating and discussing the differences between the 2 candidates.

But yeah, for the most part, those who are for Obama, well they said he did better.
Those for Romney say he did better.

Me, I was too busy reading all the comments!!!


The MSM will be showing the debate over and over all week long....ugh.


Dissecting and analyzing every little remark & quirk.....



Actually, tons of conservatives said Obama did better last night, and tons of liberals said Romney did better the first debate...

But of course, Fox News all claimed Romney one...

And CNN, which is meant to be uber-liberal, claimed it was a tie, even though their own poll showed Obama winning by 8pts.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by jam321
Obama is stalking like an eagle ready to pounce on its prey.

This is Obama's game, set, match.


Ya, he plays down his skill in that regard.

I'd hate to play poker with him


He is not available to play poker.Or chess.He's too busy running our country.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by Signals
 




"You mean the Eighties... when America was growing by leaps and bounds, after another Democrat-induced Recession, and financial crisis?


No, I think he means the Eighties when Voodoo Economics DOUBLED America's debt against the GDP.

The mild, short lived recession caused by austerity measures imposed to close the Viet Nam War deficit was over by the time Reagan took office in 1981.

Reagan's voodoo strategy policies, and Reagan's voodoo strategy policies alone caused the recession of the early 1980's, and he had to abandon them to get out of it - and doubled the debt from 30% of GDP to 60% of GDP in the process.


HE also had the highest unemployment rate of modern times.



The highest rate for a single month is shared by November and December of 1982 with an unemployment rate of 10.8%

The year with the highest average unemployment rate was 1982 with an average unemployment rate of 9.71%


www.davemanuel.com...

Current rate: 7.8% - 3% better than under Reagan in 82.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 


We train with bayonets. Don't use them in combat. I believe it has been classified as inhumane or something and the use of them is banned by the Geneva convention rules or guidelines or whatever they are. However, some units still issue them as a sidearm of sorts.

I have to say this debate was entertaining.


Off the top of my head it's only triangular and serrated bayonets that are banned as they're designed to produce wounds that are hard to close.

Might be wrong though.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse
 


During the debates of 2000, GW Bush picked up a lot of new votes by portraying Gore as a meddling interventionist who'd jack up our debt with nation building overseas and an unfocused foreign policy. Then, he turned around and made those two policies the foundation of his entire presidency. Mitt Romney has lied about his previous statements and retracted his positions again and again during these debates, and has been roundly exposed by the media for doing so, and yet no one who supports him seems capable of realizing that they have no idea what he'd actually do if he were to become president. Hell, if we hadn't already been through this bait and switch routine with the GOP in 2000, I'd be a lot more sympathetic to their point of view, but it wasn't all that long ago that we got hoodwinked by Bush/Cheney into screwing ourselves and so many others in the world by believing what one of these snake oil peddlers had handed us in the way of focus-group tested sales pitches.

I'm glad you only get one vote. I'm also glad that this board's political forum is not indicative of how the majority of American voters see reality. Until I'm proven wrong, I'm going to believe that crass political gamesmanship - while certainly influential - isn't enough to spin our nation off into that weird alternate universe that we found ourselves lost within during the Bush/Cheney years again. Those were very dark years of fear and bizarre irresponsible thinking for a lot of people, and I found it interesting that the rest of the world was so grateful for them to finally end that they awarded Obama the Nobel Peace prize for nothing more than NOT being another GOP president in irrational lockstep with the outgoing one. That prize probably should have gone to the American voters that year.

If Romney actually wins this thing, I have no idea where we'll be as a nation the next time we're closing in on a presidential election. The entire planet is literally holding its breath right now.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 


And we used horses in Afghanistan.

Our commander in chief has no clue about the military.


Just like you have no clue what they were talking about. Romney made the stupid comment that we have less ships now than we did in 1917 and it is true. When technology advances you don't need as much to get the job done. Just like we don't need as many horses now that we have things called vehicles.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I am not American but that "Romney" scares me. I get the impression "All the lights are on, and nobody's home" if you get my drift.
I think if he gets in he will push the button IMO. I await the Mushrooms to start sprouting?.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


Well, at least your vote is not going to give another one to Obama.

Well, fascism is leftism, something you have yet to figure out. Obama is a Nanny Stater which is what fascism is. Mussolini even coined the term "Totalitarianism".

Have you not noticed this admin increasingly telling us how to live our lives? Too much transfat, not enough veggies, blah blah blah! Hitler was a vegetarian and an animal rights activist too, as I understand it.


Before saying someone is fascist you may want to learn there are different types of fascism.



The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism — ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

This is what the GOP pushes for so by default the GOP is the fascist party.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I put it at another tie.

But Obama's 'horses and bayonets' comment really ticked me off. I hope all of the US miltiary were listening as well as everyone in the ship building states of Virginia, Maine and Connecticut. He dustbin'd the Navy as a thing of the past. That was what was under that comment of his.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

DRUDGE POLL TAKEN MINUTE X MINUTE



GUESS WHAT O-Barma fan - antics?




edit on 23-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: text



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Why do people ignore Obamas record of terrible job with the economy and the Libya fiasco?


Do you ever get the feeling that you're being ignored?!


People who believe in him will never see it that way.

Personally, I don't believe the economy is doing as good as the White House wants us to think.

And his handling of foreign affairs is shameful IMO. He makes us look weak.


Yes going in and getting the job done makes us look weak.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

DRUDGE POLL TAKEN MINUTE X MINUTE



GUESS WHAT O-Barma fan - antics?




edit on 23-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: text


Drudge is a right wing site so it's natural that Romney would be picked the winner no matter how much he failed.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I put it at another tie.

But Obama's 'horses and bayonets' comment really ticked me off. I hope all of the US miltiary were listening as well as everyone in the ship building states of Virginia, Maine and Connecticut. He dustbin'd the Navy as a thing of the past. That was what was under that comment of his.


No one can match our Navy. We simply don't need as many ships seeing how advanced we are. It's just stupid to think we need to keep building ships when they aren't needed. We need to cut back on the welfare for the war machine.



new topics

top topics



 
27
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join