It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

From his 2008 plan:

Basically, Romney's health care plan is all about states' rights. According to the the policy brief, states would have a fair amount of leeway to design their own health care systems. A state like Massachusetts would be free to mandate universal health care, but no state would be forced to make such reforms. "Rather than relying on a one-size-fits-all, government-run system, Governor Romney's plan recognizes the importance of the role of the states in leading reform and the need for innovation in dealing with rising health care costs and the problem of the uninsured," the policy brief reads. However, Romney does propose some nationwide reforms that he believes would help states to create their own health care plans. He plans to decrease funding to federal programs like Medicaid, and provide more block-grants to states instead. This is consistent with Romney's previous statements on health care. As he said about the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP),

www.dmiblog.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I am not belittling anything...I am stating what will happen if people choose to vote 3 rd party.

A 3rd party candidate does not have enough following to overrun either candidate, sorry if the facts offend you.

And it is my " place" as an American to point that out
edit on 23-10-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
CNN Poll: Nearly half of debate watchers say Obama won showdown

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Who Won? Political Analysts on the Final Debate The final presidential debate on foreign policy appeared to be a win for President Obama, but a successful effort by Republican nominee Mitt Romney to return the conversation to the economy,

ABC News political analysts said. “The president won tonight,” said ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd. “Here’s why: I think they both came in with different agendas, but the president was more successful.”

abcnews.go.com...

CBS Poll: Obama won Debate 53% to 23%

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Obama came through in the clutch tonight. Romney choked big time

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

No one is saying it's not your right. Everyone here acknowledges your right to vote for whomever you please.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Depends on who they interviewed, I am sure if you fox polled their viewers, they would say Romney won, msnbc viewers would say Obama won.....I'll wait.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

oh Maureen Dowd. As if she would ever admit a Romney win.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Obama wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The only people that think he didn't is Fox viewers and Romney cheerleaders. The right wing will never admit their losses.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Romney already hurting from the beating tonight?

Certainly looks like it!

Time of the the latest update October 22, 2012 11:10 P.M. EST

Obama leading Romney in electoral votes by over 70!

Link

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

]Dowd, who was a chief strategist in George W. Bush’s re-election campaign, said that for Obama, the debate was a “commander-in-chief’s test” of who would be more decisive and strong as president. But Romney’s goal was to come across as a moderate who voters can trust

abcnews.go.com...

Why did Romney flip flopping back to a moderate?
His campaign is a mess.

edit on 23-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Think about this one:

The debt that the U.S. government owes to foreign interests now equals approximately $47,495 for each household in the United States, according to the latest data released by the U.S. Treasury and the Census Bureau.

U.S. Government's Foreign Debt Now $47,495 Per Household
By Terence P. Jeffrey
October 22, 2012

Originally posted by 3chainz

The only people that think he didn't is Fox viewers and Romney cheerleaders. The right wing will never admit their losses.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

And? We are in perpetual debt as long as the federal reserve exists. This has nothing to do with Obama. You actually think Romney is going to lower the debt? He wants to increase military spending. While giving tax cuts.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Muse7, this one is for you:

As of the end of August, the U.S. government owed about $10,090 per American household to interests in China—an increase since January 2009 of about $3,432 per household.

U.S. Government's Foreign Debt Now $47,495 Per Household
By Terence P. Jeffrey
October 22, 2012

Originally posted by muse7
Romney already hurting from the beating tonight?

Certainly looks like it!

Time of the the latest update October 22, 2012 11:10 P.M. EST

Obama leading Romney in electoral votes by over 70!

Link

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So is there coherent discussion in this topic or just general cheerleading? Looks like the latter. You've ruined it again ATS...abort thread...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

^ lol owned

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
This just in!!!!!

Romney endorses Obama.

Cute.

If Obama gets the next 4 years, will he blame the problems on the president of the past 4 years?

LMAO....

That's a good one......hmm, could prove a little tricky.

Maybe he can pretend that it will be his first term.
The other 4 years didn't count, it was just a trial run...

I have a feeling that the strategy will be this: Blame the first 4 years on Bush. Blame the next 4 years on the Republicans in Congress. Obama is not known for his ability to accept responsibility.
edit on 10/22/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

You got that right.......

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by NorEaster
I did learn something new tonight. I had no idea that Syria is Iran's pathway to the sea. Romney was very enlightening with that factoid.

I had to double take when he said that. And I'm going to let him have the nuclear football?

I said to myself, "Wait, Iran has a navy and is....wha...?"

Hey, mistakes happen. But that was a pretty big one in my opinion.

"What magazines do you read?" -- "Oh, all of them".

Or how many states are there? "57 states" .....even Obama had his moments.

I can't even imagine the stress that 2 candidates are under vying for POTUS.

So, I can allow a little leeway for some gaffs, only a little tho....

Who still uses Yahoo?

Old White people

I've never used Yahoo & I ain't old....soooooo, what's that got to do with the price of rice in China?! [sarcasm]

The point is, they all make stupid remarks at one time or another.

I do too, but I ain't the one runnin' for POTUS !!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

Most of the media is in the tank for Obama. Obama supporters think he won and Romney supporters think he won. Indies and undecideds think neither or both won.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

But there is nothing that Obama has done, minus Osama, that deserves him getting a second Term

Even this is questionable.

A few claim he died years ago due to poor health.

Some claim that he is still alive.

Since they happened to "bury" him at sea without any photos, which is not customary Muslim burial, that in itself is questionable.

So, IMO, that leaves a doubt factor here also as to what really went down that night.
A lot of propaganda B.S. that's for sure....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I kind of take offense that i live among other americans who were still undecided during the 3rd debate.

I mean... they have the right to vote (or not vote) for anyone. and i guess that comes with the right to wait till the last minute to learn about the candidates.

It just seems sad to me that some people will use this (or all) of the debates as a sole resource to base their pick on.
i was commenting to my roommate while watching that stupid CNN undecided reaction tracker...
"if people havnt made a decision by now, they they arent responsible enough to be voting at all"

yes im that guy. i said it.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join