It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Then you may be confused about what a single-payer/government-option is.

It uses free-market ideals to negotiate better prices then you could get from a standard policy.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Taiyed

His reply made no sense because although we need fewer horses or bayonets....we need ships and we need more not less.

That costs money. Where do we get the money for that and what does Romney propose that will pay for it?

Well...we could get about 20 million folks off full blown public assistance, into the jobs sector, then divert that money to paying for it. At least it's a start in the right direction.

Des

Sure...where are the jobs for these people? The rich have most the wealth, so let's see those jobs and then I may agree with you.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

When did he say that?

— by reducing spending in a whole series of programs. By the way, number one I get rid of is “Obamacare.” There are a number of things that sound good but, frankly, we just can’t afford them

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Obama was so smug and self-important. Honestly, he looked like he was too young to be there. Romney schooled him on every point. I think Obama is another Jimmy Carter.

It won't matter soon. The country knows what it needs: Jobs. And it knows who has the best chance of getting them: Romney. The rest of the arguing is missing the point.
edit on 23-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

We maintain what we have for now....not cut.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I used to think like that too, when I found out Romney had passed Romneycare. You actually remind me of someone I used to chat with who said Romney would be the next Republican candidate, that he was a RINO not a real conservative, and he would constantly belittle Romney and the GOP in general. You sound just like that guy.
I would have preferred Ron Paul, but Ron Paul won't be the next Prez, and I sure don't want to see another 4 years of Obama. I think Romney is a moderate at best and since most Americans are somewhere in the center, do you really think 4 more years of the most radical leftist Prez would be helpful?
Johnson won't make it either. How about being realistic here?

Edit: I just googled Johnson and he apparently thinks he is more socially liberal than Obama. That is a scary thought, since Obama is pro abortion, pro welfare/food stamps/redistribution, pro sex ed for kindergartners, and more.
edit on 23-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I am not saying Obama's plan is great. I am saying that they both suck and if your boss is using Obama to blame his problems on he is an idiot. If he blames it on George Bush he is an idiot as well. What drastically happened in 2010 that he did not see coming years ahead? In your own words you stated your firm had 150 jobs one year before Obama was elected. So what happened the year he was elected? Strange thing about those premiums I work for a major corporation and any increases will not be implemented until the end of this year. My United Healthcare premiums have been the same since 2009. Forget the blame game. I was layed off in 2008 during the Bush years did I blame him? No. I am intelligent enough to know that our economy is only based on one thing. The actions of corporate America. The President is just the fall guy. You can blame tax cuts ,raising taxes whatever you want. But if corporate America gave 20% of what they get out of this country back we would be okay. As far as your premiums rising consider this:

There are a number of factors that are driving health insurance premiums, including rising health care costs. Increasing utilization attributable to an aging population, obesity and chronic illnesses; new treatments; prescription drugs; and expensive new technologies are the biggest causes of increasing health care premiums.

Was your boss not aware of this when he dropped coverage?

Effective for 2010, many small businesses and not-for-profit organizations providing health insurance to their employees will qualify for a special tax credit of up to 35 percent (25 percent for tax-exempt organizations). This tax credit is designed to encourage small businesses to offer or continue to offer health insurance to their employees. There are certain eligibility criteria that must be met, and that information is available at www.IRS.gov. In general, the tax credit is available to small businesses that pay at least half the cost of single coverage for their employees, employ fewer than 25 employees AND pay wages averaging less than $50,000 per year. The maximum credit is available to smaller employers, those with 10 or fewer employees, paying annual average wages of $25,000 or less per year. In 2014, the tax credit will increase to 50 percent of premiums paid by eligible small businesses and 35 percent of premiums paid by eligible tax-exempt organizations. View a recording of a webinar on the Small Business Tax Credit provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) conducted June 1 by BCBSAZ Treasurer and Vice President Kate Baker

healthreform.azblue.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

When did he say that?

— by reducing spending in a whole series of programs. By the way, number one I get rid of is “Obamacare.” There are a number of things that sound good but, frankly, we just can’t afford them

www.nytimes.com...

Mitt Romney 'Not Getting Rid of All of Health Care Reform'

You didn't hear? He actually likes part of the plan! Hell, he wrote the plan!

source

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Single payer system is government healthcare......no free market.

Single-payer is a term used to describe a type of financing system. It refers to one entity acting as administrator, or “payer.” In the case of health care, a single-payer system would be setup such that one entity—a government run organization—would collect all health care fees, and pay out all health care costs

www.pnhp.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I used to think like that too, when I found out Romney had passed Romneycare. You actually remind me of someone I used to chat with who said Romney would be the next Republican candidate, that he was a RINO not a real conservative, and he would constantly belittle Romney and the GOP in general. You sound just like that guy.
I would have preferred Ron Paul, but Ron Paul won't be the next Prez, and I sure don't want to see another 4 years of Obama. I think Romney is a moderate at best and since most Americans are somewhere in the center, do you really think 4 more years of the most radical leftist Prez would be helpful?
Johnson won't make it either. How about being realistic here?

Obama is not a Leftist, he's a Fascist and I would rather waste my vote on Johnson or RP than to give Obama and his twin Romney my vote.

That is reality!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

He only likes it if it is on a sate by state basis, not federal. Voted on and run by a state if they choose, so if you don't like it you can go to a state that doesn't have it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Then that is an indirect vote for Obama.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

At a 2008 event in New Hampshire, Romney was asked by a voter, "You supported national healthcare in Massachusetts. Are you going to do the same thing on a national?" His response: "Absolutely, I've already put a plan out. Take a look at it. Get on my website, take a look."

You can believe him.....I'm gonna pass.

source

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Then that is an indirect vote for Obama.

No, I vote for whomever I wish. It is not your place to belittle its effectiveness just because you disagree with it.

It is my right as an American.
edit on 23-10-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

I am not saying Obama's plan is great. I am saying that they both suck and if your boss is using Obama to blame his problems on he is an idiot. If he blames it on George Bush he is an idiot as well. What drastically happened in 2010 that he did not see coming years ahead? In your own words you stated your firm had 150 jobs one year before Obama was elected. So what happened the year he was elected? Strange thing about those premiums I work for a major corporation and any increases will not be implemented until the end of this year. My United Healthcare premiums have been the same since 2009. Forget the blame game. I was layed off in 2008 during the Bush years did I blame him? No. I am intelligent enough to know that our economy is only based on one thing. The actions of corporate America. The President is just the fall guy. You can blame tax cuts ,raising taxes whatever you want. But if corporate America gave 20% of what they get out of this country back we would be okay. As far as your premiums rising consider this:

There are a number of factors that are driving health insurance premiums, including rising health care costs. Increasing utilization attributable to an aging population, obesity and chronic illnesses; new treatments; prescription drugs; and expensive new technologies are the biggest causes of increasing health care premiums.

Was your boss not aware of this when he dropped coverage?

Effective for 2010, many small businesses and not-for-profit organizations providing health insurance to their employees will qualify for a special tax credit of up to 35 percent (25 percent for tax-exempt organizations). This tax credit is designed to encourage small businesses to offer or continue to offer health insurance to their employees. There are certain eligibility criteria that must be met, and that information is available at www.IRS.gov. In general, the tax credit is available to small businesses that pay at least half the cost of single coverage for their employees, employ fewer than 25 employees AND pay wages averaging less than $50,000 per year. The maximum credit is available to smaller employers, those with 10 or fewer employees, paying annual average wages of $25,000 or less per year. In 2014, the tax credit will increase to 50 percent of premiums paid by eligible small businesses and 35 percent of premiums paid by eligible tax-exempt organizations. View a recording of a webinar on the Small Business Tax Credit provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) conducted June 1 by BCBSAZ Treasurer and Vice President Kate Baker

healthreform.azblue.com...

Read my post again. I did not say that my boss dropped coverage. I said that our premiums went up and our coverage decreased. You can try to defend Obama all you want. The fact remains that the economy has not improved under Obama and he offers nothing different for the next 4 years.
Whether my boss was insightful enough to foresee the full ramifications of the recession or not is a moot point and does nothing to change the fact that Obama has failed to stimulate the economy.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
After all is said and done I am thankful we live in a country where we can discuss and argue with each other without fear.Thanks OP for a great post. Thanks to all that gave their views. Last but not least thank you Mitt and Barry for the laughs.Peace out

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl
After all is said and done I am thankful we live in a country where we can discuss and argue with each other without fear.Thanks OP for a great post. Thanks to all that gave their views. Last but not least thank you Mitt and Barry for the laughs.Peace out

I agree with you fully, I'm hitting the sheets. Thanks for the stimulating conversation.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Well, at least your vote is not going to give another one to Obama.

Well, fascism is leftism, something you have yet to figure out. Obama is a Nanny Stater which is what fascism is. Mussolini even coined the term "Totalitarianism".

Have you not noticed this admin increasingly telling us how to live our lives? Too much transfat, not enough veggies, blah blah blah! Hitler was a vegetarian and an animal rights activist too, as I understand it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, that was probably closest to a true debate out of the three. Schieffer was less of a control freak moderator than I thought he would be. Kind of a draw until Romney's closing statement, although Mr. Obama seemed to be a lie a minute.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Read my posts I am not defending Obama I am saying they are both liars and will not change anything for the average American. I did say that corporations are responsible for the economy. You can add running the White House to that. NO PRESIDENT CONTROLS WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS COUNTRY. Republican or Democrat they both answer to the same boss. Anyway have a good night and a better tomorrow.Slap Moe and Larry for me. Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join