It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
That was by far Romney's worst debate performance. Obama controlled the debate and had Romney endorsing his policies.

Seems pretty clear that Obama won this debate.

I agree President Obama...won this one. Interestingly....earlier today there was a thread started about Donald Trump having a mysterious announcement to make about the President...but that he wasn't going to say what information he has just yet...but (supposedly) it is big. Some people thought that Mr. Trump made this statement as a strategy to try and upset the President...so he would not do well in the debate...well it didn't work!

Whatever Mr. Trumps big announcement is...I am sure that TPTB at the White House...already know what it is and are prepared to deal with it.

link   
FoxNews is bashing Romney's China policy. Hell has frozen over.

link   
In the next 24 hours we will get a good litmus test of whether the media is dominated by left/lib/commie Obama supporters or by right wing/neoconazi Romney supporters.

It'll be great to finally get that settled.

link   
Obama successfully delivered the People's elbow to Willard Romney.

I mean this was just ridiculous to watch. Romney basically repeated everything Obama said but put a little spin on it. Either that, or he would just flat out agree with Obama. I also enjoyed Romney's use of projection to try to throw Obama off his game.Obama stated his agenda with conviction and confidence, and it was so laid out that Romney couldn't do anything but agree or repeat Obama's answer.

Just a bloodbath really. Obama was clear, Willard was, as Obama would say, all over the map.

I am interested in neither party, but it's beyond clear that Obama took this one with ease almost.

link   

The President keeps saying the same old talking points...over and over. Over and Over....get my point? lol

To be fair during all debates I have heard Romney make roughly 87 "lists" Step 1 Step 2 etc.. And I still have no idea what his plan is.
edit on 22-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My Take On The Commander-in-Chief Test:

Romney Won:

It's the ECONOMY STUPID.

Better to have good solid, economy, than to "Kill Our Way Out Of This." (Obama's foreign policy)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
I did learn something new tonight. I had no idea that Syria is Iran's pathway to the sea. Romney was very enlightening with that factoid.

Romney apparently doesn't own a globe. If he did the he would be able to see that big body of water next to Iran that our carriers are parked in.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What the heck is going on? My TV is now telling me how this debate influenced the voters with very believable bar graphs lol is my brain hooked up to some device I am not aware of?

link   
Interesting strategy tonight by Romney.

He agreed with just about everything Obama said.

This is clearly opposite from what he had said previously.

Romneysia strikes again.

Obama walks back into the White House in 2012.

Slam dunk!

link   
Obama wins debate

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thank you all for making this, the Third and final Debate, a fun and lively thread. some brilliant minds here, some passionate people...a great mix with merit on all sides.

Des

link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse

Romney Won:

It's the ECONOMY STUPID.

Better to have good solid, economy, than to "Kill Our Way Out Of This." (Obama's foreign policy)

This debate was supposed to be about foreign policy not the economy that is what the second debate was about. Romney lost because he couldn't stay on topic. Like you.

link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
And then in his very next response he talked about he would go after and kill the "bad guys".

Mr. community organizer is growing up...lol The President SHOULD spank him on everything dealing with foreign policies, he's the damn President of the United States!! The fact is he didn't...the fact is he been in OJT these last four years basically clueless, the fact is he is maybe now getting a clue...maybe, the fact is we can not afford him for another four more years....

link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

Well of course they are going to agree on some subjects, that's just politics one way or the other both side will agree on something.

I think that Obama finally did some research on Romney and got to throw some of that back at him. They both took jabs at each other but Obama seemed to have more ammo.

-SAP-
edit on 22-10-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

link   

Obama is behind in the Polls.

It's Understandable for the Obama Supporters to Come Out in Full Force Tonight.

He Loss.

Romney Won, Can You Live With That?

Romney Owned Him On Syria, Currency Manipulation and Military Size.

Obama, Romney exchange jabs on Israel, size of US military in debate
By Jonathan Easley - 10/22/12 09:51 PM ET
thehill.com...

According by the consensus of reporters of the left and center (I can't turn on fox news..my television will explode) is that Obama won (whatever winning means), however, the discussion is from the right (not silly right, but actual conservatives) is that Romney may not have won, but he did show himself to be presidental enough anyhow and not completely out of his depth..so, winning wasn't a priority as much as presenting himself as someone whom isn't insane in this area.

Who won the first debate? Romney did.
Who won the second debate? Tie with edge to Obama.
Who won the third debate? Obama
This is how its seen by the majority of americans, and only the far flung right wing nutjobs think its been Romney for all 3.
The counter to that is the far fringe left nuts believe Obama won em all..actually, no..they don't. even the left nuts understand when a loss is a loss...so, why doesn't the right know when they have a loss?

But now, take comfort that debates don't really sway people that much. So, winning is almost inconsequencial this late in the game. whats left of the independent voters are more than likely just that way so their friends and strangers will talk to them for awhile...then will simply flip a quarter or take a pop quiz on issues.

There are a lot of lonely people out there that like the chasing from random people every 4 years for their vote..makes em feel important.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
tact and aggressiveness = Obama
Obama with the usual emptiness and repeating and "would'a - could'a - should'a" rhetoric.
he was more "convincing" with appearance only, not successes.
Obama was better coached this time (as if he hasn't had enough time by now !)

content, substance and focus = Romney
terrible with appearance this time.
better on issues and consequences and facts.

Obama was preaching to his own choir.

overall probably a tie. Maybe Romney 55% - Obama 45%

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Romney Won:

It's the ECONOMY STUPID.

ROmney said he would kill people. Not Obama.

Don't bring your propaganda here! The economy issue just distracts from Romney getting owned on foreign policy.

Nice try though.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
In the next 24 hours we will get a good litmus test of whether the media is dominated by left/lib/commie Obama supporters or by right wing/neoconazi Romney supporters.

It'll be great to finally get that settled.

Secular CommunismTheocratic Fascism

Where do you stand

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You defend Obama, as if you're voting for him. Why claim otherwise?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

better on issues and consequences and facts.

Then why did Obama call him out on his false facts...and Romney didn't press back harder?

It's funny to see how people validate their pre-determined desires, even when their desires have been shown to be inadequate.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join