It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
reply to post by NorEaster

NY Times

David Brooks: Stylistically, Romney Won. No Tremendous Effect On Polls.

So, what color is the sky in your universe?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

NY Times

Did he watch the same debate as everyone else? You can tell how quick the Romney supporters dropped out of the thread he lost this one.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The debate just finished and I think that President Obama won this debate, but on points. It was not a knockout, perhaps a TKO.

The President "decked" Romney on the naval question when he pointed out the difference between the modern Navy and the Navy of 1917, the so called game of "battleships". All over the place I just think the President showed the result of four years in office.

His responses seemed more substantive and thorough.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

NY Times

Did he watch the same debate as everyone else? You can tell how quick the Romney supporters dropped out of the thread he lost this one.

In his universe, all time is fluid. In his universe, the polls have already come out concerning this debate.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The economy or domestic policy favors Romney, that's why he kept trying to throw it in there.

The next SNL skit

Mod: What do you think about Pakistan?

Romney: I'll answer that in a second. The economy is the worst......

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm hearing a lot of comments saying this was a complete reversal of the first debate. Romney was sleeping and Obama was on point.

link   
reply to post by buster2010

Poppycock, I stayed with the thread the whole time, and admit Mitt wasn't great tonight

link   
They kept repeating themselves...

..No clear "winner" in this one guys.

This debate was not about economics, but they still sure made it look that way.

-SAP-

link   
reply to post by Taiyed

On a lot of things I agree with that. But... the foreign policy and domestic policy waffling by Obama made him look bad in my opinion. So I think that greatly helped Romney and made him look overall better in my opinion. He hit Obama in sensitive areas such as those.

link   
David Brooks is a PBS commentator. That's right, PBS.

Originally posted by buster2010

NY Times

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Axial Leader
Here are my thoughts, for whatever they are worth:

1. The debate tonight was a tie.

False

2. The economy will continue to improve regardless of who is elected.

True

3. Iran already has nuclear weapons.

Left blank due to lack of info

2 is correct. the trend for the economy can only be hard stopped by..not even sure what could stop it. its like trying to stop the tide coming in. So, whats this election about then? I have no clue..debt perhaps?

Personally, I am more concerned about social issues here because I know the econ is on the bounce regardless...so, whomever lets me do my thing.

oh hell, just put out a new elder scrolls game and I will be happy...2016 is more interesting in my opinion.

I am in a mood tonight

link   
Wow, I think Obama seemed like he had a much better grasp on actual foreign policy.

I heard a lot of nice promises, and more of "Moderate MItt" than one of his other personas.

But overall, Obama spanked Romney's little inexperienced booty.

"We have these ships that go under water called submarines"

link   
I'm really disgusted with both candidates, both of them continually support this idea the U.S. is the world's babysitter. We don't have the right to police everyone's country and tell them how to live. And Romney's closing line was a straight up rip-off of Reagan's "city on a hill" line.

link   
I was impressed with Romney, although I thought Obama came out on top slightly. Romney kept bringing the debate back to the economy which I thought was a bit of a detraction from the main points of the debate.

Was Benghazi mentioned at all during the debates (I was trying to watch it while at work).

link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The economy or domestic policy favors Romney, that's why he kept trying to throw it in there.

The next SNL skit

Mod: What do you think about Pakistan?

Romney: I'll answer that in a second. The economy is the worst......

I agree 100%. Moderators should have better control over the debates. Bob was just letting them run wild. Tighten the reins.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
reply to post by Taiyed

On a lot of things I agree with that. But... the foreign policy and domestic policy waffling by Obama made him look bad in my opinion. So I think that greatly helped Romney and made him look overall better in my opinion. He hit Obama in sensitive areas such as those.

You will have to point out some of Obama's waffling and where Romney hit him in those areas. I just didn't see it.

The only waffling I saw was Obama pointing out Romney's ever changing positions.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by buster2010

Poppycock, I stayed with the thread the whole time, and admit Mitt wasn't great tonight

And I commend you for your support of your candidate.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As a passive observer I would say this last one goes to the Commander in Chief for sure.

The Navy not being a game of battleship made me chuckle!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ask yourself how these candidates can appear weak one debate and strong in another?

When you don't have the truth behind you, you are inconsistent.

These guys lie lie lie so their performances swing up and down.

When Ron Paul debated during the primaries, he never won or lost, he was just known as Ron Paul, the guy that everyone was glad to be there to steer the debate to an intellectual direction.

Who disagrees with me?

For the most 'real' debate we can have, watch Gary Johnson on the Phillip DeFranco show RIGHT NOW.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-10-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
All the reporters are talking just about Romney. These people are delusional.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join