It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First UFO sighting, more mind-blowing than expected

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmerman421

Hello neighbor, I live in Naples Fl as well. where abouts was the UFO hovering over? downtown, beach,airport,Golden Gates,etc?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ugh!!! I'm super jealous!!
I like you, prior to last night, have never seen one.
Nothing.Ever.But I know and believe people do see them
and they are certainly NOT Chinese lanterns.
I especially would love to see a large Triangle.
I'm convinced its ours, as in The USAF.
It's probably made out of Graphene and Aerogel
and has a "Skunk Works" logo on it I bet.
So jealous.... But I'm glad for you.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
So you went outside with the intention of UFO spotting, took binoculars with you yet no camera?

I don't have a camera, except for my iphone, which definitely would not have been able to pick it up. I am planning on getting one for the holidays, along with a telescope!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Interrupt42, I sent you a PM with the exact location

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Also, Thank you everyone for your ideas, I cannot wait to sift through the information. I hope I am able to answer all of your questions

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

very jealous of your experience sounds rather interresting.sorry to bring this up as a new member i cannot make any posts there are some interesting photos of another incident in northern scotland which may interest some of you.if not dont be too hard on me.they can be found in the scottish daily newspaper.thescottishsun.co.uk if anybody is interested the marchin martian.very close to already reported incident in aberdeenshire.maybe the more experienced of you could let me know what you think,

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

apologies should probably have put this on the aberdeenshire sighting.just saw it.not trying to rain on your parade.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have seen the exact same thing. Pretty much identical. I saw a very dark object glide over where I was standing around 8 pm. The person who was with me who has nothing to do with such studies remarked that it was very similar to a glider. Then remarked that it would be almost impossible for someone to glide at such an hour not to mention over a major metropolitan area. Very smooth, dark, quiet. Similar sightings were reported in New York in the 1930's. Almost like those of kenneth arnold fame.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
May it be more eye-opening rather than mind-blowing?
edit on 23-10-2012 by zaqwsx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Or we could go with the simple answer, you saw an alien aircraft flying over head.

In responce to the secret aircraft excuse:

Take the Battle of Los Angeles for example, in 1942. People saw up to 25 silvery UFO’s over the city that night. One of them, either having trouble or playing Guinea Pig to test air defenses, hung in the air for an extended length of time. Balloons and dirigibles are among the easiest things in the air to destroy, so we can count that out because not only did the UFO change directions and go against the wind, but this UFO was fired upon over and over and took multiple hits while over the city. Unlike a balloon which would have been shredded, none of the hits brought it down. Infact it came back again to offer more target practice. So here we have an aircraft that can withstand antiaircraft fire and fly slow enough to take all the recon photos one could want and maybe the option to deliver pin point bombing.

Or how about Mount Rainer, 1947, where nine flying saucers were clocked doing 1,800 miles an hour. Even at Arnold’s toned down 1,200 mph that is still much faster than anything the US had flying at the time.

If these were American secret aircraft, what happened to them? If you look at saucer sightings from the 40’s you will find saucer technology that can hover in place and take off at terrific speeds, all without making much of a sound.

Have you seen a car from the 1940’s? Do you realize how old, slow and ungainly they look compared to what is driven today? Where are these military aircraft that could hover silently as well as travel at a thousand miles an hour? Where are they today? What museum are they in? What are their names and numbers? Where are the missing hot shot pilots who flew them?

Or have these saucers been updated like the B52? Would the military really put tons of money into updating a design from the 1940’s? If so, why does the military fly junk like the Nighthawk and B2 when in the 40’s they were flying saucers that were much superior to both? Why spend millions of dollars to fly a stealth fighter when a 40’s saucer could fly circles around it?

Neither the Nighthawk, the Blackbird, or the U2 have UFO flight characteristics and cannot account for UFO sightings. But like the Aurora [named after the 1897 UFO crash], the US military does have secret aircraft, but all of these aircraft are alien tech, taken from the saucer crashes of the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. Those saucers seen flying in the skies 70 years ago were being flown by beings from another planet.

So let’s cut the bull honkey talk about secret military craft being responsible for all saucers/cigar/triangle/boomerang sightings.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

I was trying to remain objective, But the very real possibility of actually seeing a craft that might be controlled by something not of this earth, was the first thing that hit me. Its kind of what I was hoping to see, Knowing that ahead of time, I wanted to remain open to ideas.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The one I saw was a boomerang shaped ufo, with lights that were turned off and other features and it blended into the night sky.
It had came out of the clouds and then it cut across the clear, starry sky.

I have always debated if it was government or other. But the way it moved, was not like any human craft.
And right before it disappeard, it accelerated so fast that in a split second it zoomed out of sight and disappeared, after a slow crawl of about 6 seconds across the sky.
It was huge and fantastic and terrifying at the same time.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Possibly a stealth bomber? is there a military base near by? Or maybe it was something higher tech, I wonder if we will ever know for sure what these mysteries are all about?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15

There are military bases in florida, but none within 6 or 7 hours from here

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I saw 2 very large boomerang type of craft August 2011. Had sightings before & after that one. For this one, & several others was given direct telepathic instructions when to be outside. I couldn't #ing believe it when they actually showed up- there's a large cellphone tower on a nearby mountaintop- it just appeared there very suddenly, then it flew DIRECTLY over my head, silent like a ghost, translucent blue lights 2 on each wing. Body of craft was translucent as well, but could be seen in peripheral vision. Craft flew towards the opposite horizon, disspapeared, RE-appeared where it was the first time, then flew over my head a second time.

#ing mind blowing- It changed my outlook forever.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by I3utterfly
There were three ufos, from how it seemed, and it looked as if they were just made of light, bright white light.They moved so fluidly and dimmed in and out of my sight a few times, in different places in the sky until they vanished, only to reappear together, in a cluster, getting brighter and brighter until they looked like a hologram, - the image is almost indescribable - my housemate was with me at the time and he described it as 'liquid diamonds' it was ...quite literally, out of this world.

optical stealth: active enhancement and illumination. It has been studied for military purposes for decades.

It may not be possible to make something "invisible" literally, but it may be possible to make something cognitively invisible/unidentifiable to an enemy pilot and importantly, an imaging missile seeker head.

Translucent boomerangs sound like ours. They aren't actually translucent, it's just illumination with the right patterns and luminance to fool observers.

Real ET UFO (if exists): gravitational lensing from warp drive.
edit on 25-10-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Translucent boomerangs sound like ours. They aren't actually translucent, it's just illumination with the right patterns and luminance to fool observers.

I remember seeing a star through the body of the craft as it flew towards the opposite horizon- very strange!

Approx size & speed (conservative calculations/estimates) was about 12 to 15 thousand MPH (from mountaintop & over town), & about 10 football fields in length. Silent like a ghost.

It was a handy reference when it appeared right over the mountaintop cell tower.

If it was ours- it would be many many many generations beyond tech in public knowledge, & then add the PSI asoects.

I had no camera or cell at the time. I have a crapola cellphone now, & the sightings have greatly reduced in intensity & frequency.

Maybe I should leave it at home sometimes

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I think that video you posted was debunked by UFO Hunters as a hand glider with lights on

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Im Glad you have had the chance to see what you believe to be a "UFO", i have not yet had the chance to witness one myself, but is still a firm believe'r in life outside of earth, you would actually have to be a fool not to.

stay openminded

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Congrats on seeing your first UFO. I spent my whole life looking for UFOs and was finally able to see a few about a year and a half ago. This was a very close encounter, with a distant light shooting up at a weird angle from the horizon of the Mediterranean Sea and then making a quick turn then shooting out a light that I would describe as a probe like craft. I was on a balcony 5 stories high in Alexandria, Egypt as the probe flew by real slowly at a very close range to me. This happened for 3 nights in a row. Alongside the close encounters, there was also UFOs in near space orbit overhead that I could see in the night sky moving around. I had tried to capture the event on camera on the 4th day since they would appear between 3-4am but they failed to appear once I had brought a camera. I could only see the near space orbit UFOs but my phone camera would have failed to pick them up. It was the most amazing thing to be up close to the unknown like that. Hope to see more UFOs in my life.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join