It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First UFO sighting, more mind-blowing than expected

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Last night, I saw the first UFO in my life. I am a firm believer that something is up there and is being controlled intelligently. I had spent time looking, but never had any luck, until last night. Bear with me as I have never reported one before, but I will try to give you the best idea as possible of what I saw.

I live in Naples Florida, which is 40 minutes or so from Ft. Myers and 2 hours or so from Miami. I had spent the two previous nights stargazing, as it had been amazingly clear and cooler than usual. So I stepped outside again last night, set up a chair, binoculars hanging from my neck and proceeded to stare up at the heavens. I went out at about 8 pm, and was expecting to see lights as I have usually heard reported at night. At around 8:45 I saw something dark in my peripheral vision, moving in the sky, at around maybe 1 to 2 thousand feet. Now, the moon was about halfway visible, and where I live is not optimal for staring at the stars, as there is quite a bit of ambient light around. My eyes had adjusted just enough to be able to make out an object that was boomerang/triangle shaped in nature. It was moving swiftly, but it wasn't moving at a speed that seemed impossible.

So, I saw the boomerang style craft, and quickly picked up my binoculars to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. The object was just dark enough to be able to differentiate it from the sky. It didn't look amazingly big as I've heard other styles of Boomerang/Triangle shaped craft can be, but it definitely wasn't small. I would guess it was maybe the size or just smaller than a football field. I'm not certain about the size or altitude, but I believe its a fair estimate. Through the binoculars, I was able to make out its basic shape, and noticed 5 or 6 circles on the underside, again differentiated enough from the color of the craft to barely make out. There was no sound at all. It gave me the impression of gliding, although it would definitely have been impossible due to the size. It almost seemed as if it had some sort of star trek type cloaking device, as it was very difficult to see. I only saw the object for about 5 seconds, but it was enough for me to focus in on it.

I have read that the boomerang and triangle shaped craft are usually attributed to the military, but then again, I've heard plenty of other theories. If you have seen this style of craft or have any insight as to what it might be, I'm very interested to learn more. Thank you for bearing with me, and I look forward to posting more in the future.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have seen an orb fading in and out, moving across the sky then dimming into nothing. Surely wasn't a plane or anything making a turn, it was just there, moving at a decent speed, then it wasn't.

I haven't actually seen one with a shape to it. Interesting though, welcome to the club!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Congrats, and nice description. Now you know more than the experts.
S&F

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It was Venus.

No, I mean you must have seen a cloud.

Wait...

A flock of birds. Those are common in Florida.

Well, maybe it was an airplane or blimp with its lights off. Yes.

Since you describe it as dark and blurry, you may have imagined it. This is not unthinkable.

It could have been a low patch of drifting smoke. Or maybe not.

Swamp gas! Erm, nvm.

I got it. You saw a military exercise. That explains a lot!

Maybe you saw nothing because you're lying. *starts looking evily at your profile page*

It's common for eyewitnesses to misidentify everyday things. Keep this in mind.

*pulls out his PHD certificate and work history* Now listen here, you... (blah blah)

................. Just joking with you

Honestly, I don't know what you saw.

But I don't think it has to be aliens. Could be anything, almost.

You're not alone. Many, many others have seen this sh**. But without the right hardware, without the manpower, without the credibility, without the eyes and ears of government....

...you're just another random eyewitness to a blurry or otherwise unidentifiable whatchamacallit.
edit on 22-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I was just thinking the other day that I need to start carrying around my binoculars for times when the sky is clear and I want to observe anything unusual in the skies at any given time.

Now I just need to price some camera-binoculars so I can snap some up-close evidence for all the doubters and haters out there.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Timmerman421

The water off Florida is a big US military training and testing area. My guess is that you saw a stealth UCAV or even possibly a B-2 in training.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
drug runners are using scaled up rc airplanes now. Various govt agencies used small uav's for recon. Could have been anything. alien included, keep looking up

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
drug runners are using scaled up rc airplanes now. Various govt agencies used small uav's for recon.

If it's big enough to be seen having a decent size, you can hear the engines of such things.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You mention that it was more mind-blowing than expected, but with a 5-second sighting, it doesn't sound like much. Can you tell me how it made you feel to see it, and what was mind-blowing about it?

Just to be clear, I don't intend for that to sound patronizing or anything. I'm a firm believer in UFOs; I'm just genuinely interested in how it affected you personally. I'm also curious as to what you think the black triangle was?
edit on 10/23/2012 by Damsel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I can't comment what you saw, I'm not an axpert, but as I have read it was boomerang shaped I thought about "The Hudson Valley Boomerang".

There is a good thread about it here on ATS

Hudson Valley: Lights, Triangles and Boomerangs

and here from ufoevidence.org

The Hudson Valley Boomerang Sightings

Give them a read, maybe you can find some common points.

However keep your head up, and good luck

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
An interesting report. I saw something once due to ambient glow, whilst out in a field and described it as several eggs flying through the air. I wasn't able to tell a boomerang shape or even a solid object, but your report of 'circles' underneath seems to fit my description & thoughts over time about what I saw. Over time I've come to wonder whether it's actually possible to see this object under low light, and if so are the circular protrusions more clear to see (again, seems possible considering my sighting, your sighting and this video):

I never had more than 5 seconds or so to evaluate, let alone binoculars, but I'm sure if you double checked your vision then you definitely saw something. What it is no idea I'm afraid. The triangle/boomerang reports are certainly more America centric. But over time perhaps you'll start to see patterns and get a better understanding of the object you saw. But don't let working it out consume you, too unhealthy!

Enjoy it. And now the question is will you branch off in the alien direction or the government tech conspiracy one

edit on 23-10-2012 by markymint because: Video link

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

If real, EXCELLENT siting. Military or not, that's awesome, fast too.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Why did you only have five seconds to observe it? What caused it to disappear? Did it simply vanish, or was it hidden behind buildings/trees/other obstacles?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damsel
You mention that it was more mind-blowing than expected, but with a 5-second sighting, it doesn't sound like much. Can you tell me how it made you feel to see it, and what was mind-blowing about it?

Just to be clear, I don't intend for that to sound patronizing or anything. I'm a firm believer in UFOs; I'm just genuinely interested in how it affected you personally. I'm also curious as to what you think the black triangle was?
edit on 10/23/2012 by Damsel because: (no reason given)

OK, first off, you're right, I didn't put anything in about how exciting it was, I was focusing too much on the facts trying to write it up in a decent way.
I'm still relatively young, I'll be 23 on the 26th of October. I've been doing heavy research on these subjects for a little over a year now, and the deeper I got, the crazier the theories seemed. I have a belief as to what they are, but no actual knowledge of what they are. However, they have the advantage of being possibly true, which adds another level, and one that keeps pulling you in emotionally and mentally. Since this was the first one, and It was not what I expected in the least (expected lights moving swiftly or multiple lights connected etc.) it hit me hard. In a good way. I started breathing very quickly and my mind started darting about for a minute or so, and it took about 5 minutes to hit me. It was almost like validation for me personally. It made me feel comfortable and uneasy at the same time. As for what it was, I'm not sure, I forgot to add that it SEEMED more rounded to me, but then again, it was very dark. I know what I saw, I'm just a little fuzzy about some details, as you said, it was only 5 seconds or so.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Why did you only have five seconds to observe it? What caused it to disappear? Did it simply vanish, or was it hidden behind buildings/trees/other obstacles?

I was looking at a large expanse of sky, it appeared in my peripheral vision when it was half way across the sky, then I was able to focus on it for ABOUT 5 seconds. It flew almost directly over head, and Its altitude didn't appear to be too high. I didn't catch it until it was already half way across what I could see. It flew over open sky and then yes, it disappeared behind houses and trees

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

The water off Florida is a big US military training and testing area. My guess is that you saw a stealth UCAV or even possibly a B-2 in training.

We don't have any military on the west coast, over on the East Coast are some very large ones though. I have heard that some B-2's were built with antigravity technology, and that could explain the circles on the underside. however the boomerang style front SEEMED to be more rounded. Again I know it was dark and quick, so my details could be fuzzy. I'm open to any and all suggestions as to what it could have been.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

This boomerang ufo shape seems to becoming a very regular sighting!

Personal Disclosure: Here is a thread on large boomerang shaped ufo's from just over a year ago ...

Ozweatherman "That looks like no weatherballoon I've ever seen" The Boomerang UFO (by zazzafrazz posted on 13-5-2011 @ 07:12 AM) [ATS]

And my posted reply to that thread, containing this recreation [made from google earth screengrabs and mspaint] of what I saw ...

And YES! That IS a PINK Bommerang UFO!
:shk:
:w:

IMO the pink is probably appearing as highly ionized plasma generated by the boomerang ufo hauling at extreme hypersonic speeds through the very upper atmosphere!

@theOP ... Is the recreation I provide above, of my own ufo 'encounter', similar to the size/dimensions of what you personally witnessed?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So you went outside with the intention of UFO spotting, took binoculars with you yet no camera?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

This boomerang ufo shape seems to becoming a very regular sighting!

Personal Disclosure: Here is a thread on large boomerang shaped ufo's from just over a year ago ...

Ozweatherman "That looks like no weatherballoon I've ever seen" The Boomerang UFO (by zazzafrazz posted on 13-5-2011 @ 07:12 AM) [ATS]

And my posted reply to that thread, containing this recreation [made from google earth screengrabs and mspaint] of what I saw ...

And YES! That IS a PINK Bommerang UFO!
:shk:
:w:

IMO the pink is probably appearing as highly ionized plasma generated by the boomerang ufo hauling at extreme hypersonic speeds through the very upper atmosphere!

@theOP ... Is the recreation I provide above, of my own ufo 'encounter', similar to the size/dimensions of what you personally witnessed?

I'm not convinced it was that big, as for the shape, if you could show it from a different angle, I might be able to make a better assumption. I'm by no means a math genius, but I could calculate the general angle on a 3D graph if that would help.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm lucky to have seen a lot of UFO activity, some more exciting than others.
Similar to what you saw, I had a jet black triangle shaped silent ufo pass right over my head (it was high up but low enough to see in good detail) after that, I began seeing a lot more (different types), much more frequently.
It's almost like once you've let yourself become open to UFO's, they show themselves to you more often.
That's what it feels like, anyway.

I used to tell my friends each time it happened, I was excited! Who wouldn't want to share such a mind blowing account with the people around you? They didn't believe me, of course. To them, it had to have been a plane, or a Chinese lantern.

What I've come to realise is this: seeing a UFO is actually an extremely personal, you could even call it intimate, moment that more often than not changes your way of viewing life entirely. It really is something you need to see with your own eyes to believe. You can vaguely believe, if you're an open sort of person, just from pictures or stories but you can't know for sure, like you do when you've seen one.

Intimate moments feel better when you keep them to yourself. You know they happened and it was special, but once you start telling others it feels almost like a betrayal. You could tell others about it, I mean, who wouldn't want to- we're talking the possibility of alien life here! but that could (and often does) result in them walking all over your experience with 'sensible' theories and even getting your own mind to doubt what it saw and then the memory is tainted.

I have limited the people I tell about my sightings now to just the people that I know for sure are more open to the idea (and obviously the internet but it's easier to ignore criticism on here i find).

The last UFOs that I saw was early this summer at around 3am (I often go out around this time for an evening walk with my friend when it's too hot indoors and I'm not working the next day) and out of all of the ones that I've seen, this one set my belief in concrete. There were three ufos, from how it seemed, and it looked as if they were just made of light, bright white light.They moved so fluidly and dimmed in and out of my sight a few times, in different places in the sky until they vanished, only to reappear together, in a cluster, getting brighter and brighter until they looked like a hologram, - the image is almost indescribable - my housemate was with me at the time and he described it as 'liquid diamonds' it was ...quite literally, out of this world.
And then they were gone.

That moment was really special to me, and if felt like they were showing themselves to us, and that's why I use the word intimate, because it was.

Don't let others tell you what you should have seen to have felt 'mind blown' - they can't understand because they were not there, you were, so it's only your opinion that matters in this instance

I bet you'll start seeing more...just remember to look up!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join