It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strange encounter with a cat/kangaroo/bat creature in northern Ontario (drawing inside)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I was using the most logical animal in the area that would fit the bill, of what you described...but if you are 100% sure that it had the features you describe; that they weren't added out of adrenaline from the moment. Then I would have to say it was an escaped Chinchilla someone had as a pet.

p.s. your drawing skill is good; keep it up.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

flying squirrel maybe. a big one?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Beautifully drawn creature. Literally brought a tear to my eye. Thank you very much, brother.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't post a source of a Chinchilla for comparison your drawings...they seem to be a pretty cool, smart and silly pet.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
nm

edit on 24-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

All I can come up with.......

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh my god Pokemon >are< real! For real though, If you honestly believe in your experience, more power to you. I wish I could see something like this.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
I was using the most logical animal in the area that would fit the bill, of what you described...but if you are 100% sure that it had the features you describe; that they weren't added out of adrenaline from the moment. Then I would have to say it was an escaped Chinchilla someone had as a pet.

p.s. your drawing skill is good; keep it up.

Do Chinchilla's grow as large as a raccoon though? I actually don't know but I was always under the impression they were rather small.

In terms of my adrenaline kicking in, I don't want to give away any more personal information about myself, but keeping calm under pressure is what I do as part of my career.

www.naturephoto-cz.com...

Looks kind-of like what I saw but with no long bushy tail or long floppy ears, for comparison. Also the colour is wrong it should be a purplish brown.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Eigther

Giant Blue Rabbits

An owl doesn't seem to match well with what you described. I'm still thinking rabbit. An escaped pet? Someones dinner run away? According to the link they get pretty big and as I said before, they have red eye-shine.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I believe what you saw was a mountain viscacha?

Only problem is they originate in South America, but there could be explanations such as escaped pet/zoo animal. I am trying to think of a Canadian equivalent of this species, I haven't found one yet but there may be one.

It seems to tick all your boxes and is quite large, at least the size of a small raccoon roughly. Does it look familiar? Have a look at some other pictures of them on google as they do slightly vary in appearance.
edit on 26-10-2012 by suitcasey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Eigther

Interesting sketch. Seems a little familiar, but I can't place it. The big ears aren't something you see on a lot of animals, though. Are you sure the tail was that long? Other than that, I would guess some sort of rabbit. They vary widely in color and size, have the floppy ears, hop, and can even have eyes that appear red. Not sure how one would get on the window, but suppose it could hop there. I have even seen some that grey color they would call "blue" in a cat. Not trying to downplay what you saw, just offering that as a possibility. A rabbit on a windowsill isn't what we would expect, so it's possible you didn't recognize it.

I don't say that lightly. Some years back, when I was living in Ohio, there was a pretty big snowstorm. Our apartment building was next door to an old, broken down brick candy factory, with gaps in the walls, piles of prick, and some more solid sections. Well, the morning after the storm, I woke up early (was on a day schedule then), and was looking out the window (from the second floor) at the snow. I was thinking how nice it made even that old building, when this animal appeared from one section, crossed an open patch, and went into another section of the building. For the life of me, I could not figure out what I saw. It moved in a cat-like way, but was too big. The ears were close to cat, but not quite. It was certainly not a dog, or a bear, coon, etc., though the size was more like a medium dog, but huskier. I awakened my husband, and tried to describe it to him, and his initial response was to assume I had "dreamed" this creature up. Well, that didn't sit well, and I was determined to convince him something was in the building. A day or so later, he came in from outside, with an odd look on his face, and told me to stay in for a few days. Of course, I immediately made the connection, and demanded he tell me what I saw. he was reluctant (knowing how I am with animals), but he finally admitted he saw it, too. What we both saw was a wolverine. Now, i had seen them before, in a ton of wildlife videos, pictures, etc. I knew what a wolverine looked like. What I didn't know was that they were found in Ohio. I always thought of them as an animal of the Northwest. yeah, yeah, i know, silly, but I wasn't thinking about them being there, and certainly not in town. Once he stated what it was, it all clicked. The point is, it is possible to not realize what we are seeing, under unusual circumstances, and especially if we only see it very briefly.

So, maybe a rabbit? If not, then that is a weird sighting! Still think it looks a little familiar..... Trying to hunt around online, and see if I can figure out why, and wondering if someone there didn't have an exotic pet that got loose. The place you saw it isn't, by chance, near a zoo, is it?

Alright, what about this odd-looking critter?

the aye-aye

The tail seems long, the ears are weird, and even the eyes seem to fit. Not sure how one would get there from Madagascar, but these days, anything is possible.
edit on 27-10-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: found a possibility

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think it was an owl in combination with chocked dellusion.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Congratulations, you're the person who finally got me to sign up here after many years of lurking.

I live near the location you saw it in, which has officially piqued my interest. Not in town, but I go there quite often.

I do a lot of hunting in the fall, and I've seen and heard some very strange things, but never anything like that! We have a pretty generic fauna up here in the north, and I've seen most of it over the years (I might write up a topic of my own some day). I cannot think of any *known* species around here that could even come close to that.

That said, I will be keeping watch for anything like that from now on, and I'll report back to you if I catch word of any other sightings

top topics

<< 1   >>

join