It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strange encounter with a cat/kangaroo/bat creature in northern Ontario (drawing inside)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm not at all familiar with the subject matter presented on this website however I was made aware of ATS by an acquaintance of mine. I was recently visiting family just outside of Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, a very rural location for those unfamiliar.

One night I walked by a room in the house with an open door situated just so I could see the window from the hallway. From the hallway light bleeding into the open room I could make out the silhouette of a dark mass sitting on the outside window sill. I grew up, and live, in downtown Toronto so I thought I'd avail myself of the opportunity to see real wildlife from behind the safety of two panes of glass. Judging from the size I thought maybe it was a raccoon, which I'm very familiar with as Toronto is infested with them. I flicked on the light and instantly I knew this was something I've never seen before. I walked up until the point where the only thing separating myself from this animal was a few inches of glass. It had it's limbs tucked under itself sitting the way a cat does.

Anyways it opened it's eyes, I presume it was sleeping, and they were blood red. I jumped back startled and, as I did, this creature hopped off the ledge and made it's way into some foliage. When it did it looked back at me, under two feet away from myself as I moved back against the window, and then scurried off into the woods.

When I told my family about this encounter they prompted me to draw what I saw using the only materials on hand, namely, my younger cousins pencil crayon and note pad. The colours of this creature are not as vibrant as depicted in my crude artwork but I tried to get as close as possible. Also, a warning, I am not a good artist at all however these drawings represent the creature I saw as close as I am able to reproduce. They were at a loss to give a name to what I saw .

If anyone is from that area or can shed any light on this strangeness for me I'd appreciate it it greatly. I'll also answer any questions from interested posters to the best of my ability.

i49.tinypic.com...

The bottom drawing is the creature as how it was sitting on the ledge.

The middle picture is it hopping down to the ground.

The top drawing is the creature as I saw it in the foliage.

Thank you for reading

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Pretty decent drawing.... And the creature was actually blue? Interesting story. Kind of looks like a Pokemon.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Pretty decent drawing.... And the creature was actually blue? Interesting story. Kind of looks like a Pokemon.

It was closer to a pale indigo type colour. It had fine fur, sort of like a squirrel, but the ears looked leathery to me.

I had a selection of, I think, 10-11 pencil crayons to choose from I'm actually pretty bummed out I couldn't make the drawing more accurate in terms of colouring.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Welcome, and interesting..........

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

But very interesting indeed.
edit on 22-10-2012 by TruthHurtsDenialKills because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2012 by TruthHurtsDenialKills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Guano guano guano!

No I mean it, it looks like a feral version of the cartoon character Guano (yes thats his name) from the show Kappa Mikey... so that's where he went after the show got canceled, poor guys been living it rough in the wild it seems.

www.google.co.nz...

And yes that is the first thing I thought of when I saw your pics, other than that havent got a clue.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Might have been a coyote. They have red eyes if you shine a light on them like you did.

Your drawing sort of looks like that
edit on 22-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Eigther

Rabbits and other animals can have red eye shine. Is the tail represented accurately in the drawing? Get a look at it's feet? Tracks?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
oh no... this is the grem thing... possibly a hoax.

was it rabbit sized? How did it get in?

They do crazy experiments on rabbits and there is supposed to be something called a grem running around (more than one of course) that appear to be some type of hybrid rabbit.

a couple of guys found a dying one and brought it home and supposedly it revived and stirred but then the video ends. Why it ends there is pretty hoaxy.

Who knows.

was it really purple? the one in the video is black but it is also wet from rain.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Welcome

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

***Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and help us "Deny Ignorance"***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you.
edit on 10/22/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wormtongue
reply to post by Eigther

Rabbits and other animals can have red eye shine. Is the tail represented accurately in the drawing? Get a look at it's feet? Tracks?

Sorry a lot of questions let me get to this one first. The tail was, at least, as long as its body and most similar to a long-haired cats. I got an excellent view of the back legs, the entire encounter lasted between 55 seconds and 1 minute 15 seconds. The legs were very strong looking and shaped like either a hares or kangaroo. We went outside the next day to look for evidence and other than the metal frame holding up the plant potter on the window ledge being pushed down I couldn't find any.

The window is pretty high up, between five and six feet, if I had to guess. Also this thing was big...so much so I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than fifty pounds.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Curious...

Did it make any sounds or have a smell that was noticeable?

What did the foot tracks look like?

Did you look for any scat or possible hair left behind?

edit on 10/22/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am not sure that the scenario fits very well , but the rock drawings seem to resemble what you have seen.
www.chi-manidoo.com...

Could it have been a Michi Peshu ?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's my opinion you saw a Great Horned Owl...Younger Owls can't fly...so they hop and scurry

They are also curious with windows:

Owling too young to fly:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is soaked in the mud so you can't see much, then they put it on a table and it moves. It's strange because it's got some kind of horn or long ears. It's small but it looks like it could have fur and a fluffy stripey hind quarter like a skunk or a strange color rabbit.

I guess it was probably bigger than this but does this seem odd to you like what you saw?

I have no idea if this video is a hoax or not.

edit on 22-10-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS,Eigther..There is allot of strange animals in this world..I'm sure ones we have no idea about yet but you drew an interesting picture i have no idea what you saw but its creepy and strange..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Hoax...what camera have you ever seen that has that much static, even first gen cell video looks better quality, but the color filtering shows the camera used was a better quality than that so fake IMO...the shots and reactions seemed very contrived.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness

Hoax...what camera have you ever seen that has that much static, even first gen cell video looks better quality, but the color filtering shows the camera used was a better quality than that so fake IMO...the shots and reactions seemed very contrived.

I don't know. I have some components that have some technical issues so I am in no place to say what I this think this camera should be doing in this case. I can try to image saying to myself "I want to fake a video... so let's add some static"... but it's not striking a chord with me here. Especially when the static is not constant or really doesn't change the content.

The problem I feel with reactions is just that I don't know what they are saying but the overall vibe seems normal I guess for talking crap about an animal thought to be dead. The reflectance to get closer is annoying but would you get close to an unidentified animal like that.

What bugs me most is where is the follow up?

That's what says hoax to me.... not really the other stuff. I don't see why the static has any bearing.

I don't see how it's impossible or why it should be so secretive though. If it's a strange animal, I want to see it. Why make a big deal out of it or hide it unless you know it's a hybrid and are just wanting to hint around that some animals have been loosed.

I certainly do not think it's impossible. You know they are doing stuff like this. Rabbits, mice, cats, dogs, pigs, monkeys, skunks, guinea pigs, goats... I guess this is how some people do genetic studies, but you know it's happening.

I once had a dream and a voice was talking to me in a certain accent that said he just happened to remember how to put them back together.... and I knew he was referring to genes.

Our gene pool is shared with animals and even though many species cannot mate... we all have a connection. Animals are subject to our will and we enslave them while thinking we have the right but what if we found out that we had all been split apart and were truly more connected than we thought and what would you get if combined a lot of DNA??? Who knows? but what if it could be proven that it can fit back together if you knew how to do it?

That would make us the ones who benefited from this more so than any other having the exalted intellect and rights. Did we make a deal with the devil or what? or did we get extracted and are expected to steer away from carnal ways?

What if DNA CAN fit back together and rather find the answer as to why this happened before you go around creating examples of it that do not turn out very well. i'm not saying this particular example because it might be completely happy but more unfavorable examples.

but what if there are some people out there saying... "Oh, you expect me to believe man was created between apes and ETs... not possible. If it's possibly then make a skunk bunny, or a kitty rabbit or maybe a monkey pig or a pig dog, how about a flying monkey bat.... prove it"

ARE THERE HYBRID ANIMALS?

Do you believe this ATS because I think i might.

So what are they trying to prove or disprove?

What if they held an ET captive and the ET was trying to explain he wasn't a demon, they actually inhabit the Earth and have done so for some time because that is the origin of man so don't be dicks... but the dicks said "You ever want to see the light of day, make a monkey vampire bat with a Tasmanian devil attitude.

And so he's like "well, that's a waste but if you're going to start a huge mess, here.... here's how you do it. The blood is on your hands"

VOILA... one more hybrid creature to let loose on the public and make them terrified of genetics, cloning and cross breeding even if it's natural. Even if it produces a being out of love that is not a laboratory study.

I really think somebody is playing with fire and maybe they SORT of want us to know but not actually have the proof since they are responsible for many levels of needless abuse.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Sorry for more off topic posting but...

But I suppose you've never watched Japanese Horror; or movies like Paranormal Activity etc...because that's exactly, what the filming and acting remind me of static included.

edit on 22-10-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
It's my opinion you saw a Great Horned Owl...Younger Owls can't fly...so they hop and scurry

They are also curious with windows:

Owling too young to fly:

Thank you for your feedback Bigbrotherdarkness. I have a few responses to your hypothesis I'd like to chim in with.

The first being this animal had two large ears that hung on each side of it's head which I'm at a loss to explain if it was indeed an owl. I actually thought it was an owl because of the glowing eyes at first too until I noticed the ears, 5-6 inches each, four limbs and a large puffy tail that snapped back against the glass when he hopped down.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable but those things seem very inconsistent with it being an owl. If you could suggest some counter-points I'd love to hear those.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join