It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the most powerful air rifle and pistol?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You might want to consider the term "pump. You have springers and pneumatics.

I use an NPSS (basically a Remington) in .22 cal. It does an amazing job. No springs, no noise, but of course it is single shot. It produces around 1000fps depending on the pellet you use. Yes, it set me back a little but it's not a hunk of junk either. The nitro cylinder is very quiet when you pull the trigger. I like that. In addition, the gas in the cylinder is very stable in different ambient temperatures, meaning you get the same performance at 30F as you do at 70F.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The cheap ones shoot good for about as along as it takes to sight them in. Maybe 100 rounds or one day. Then they don't shoot straight. I think it's something to do with variable air pressure or leaking in the pump.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The title of most powerful seems to go to the big bore rifles like those made by quackenbush.

The most powerful pistol might be the Evanix Hunting Master AR6 but with a $600 pricetag I think I would stick to a Crosman 1322.
edit on 22-10-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You might want to consider the term "pump. You have springers and pneumatics.

I use an NPSS (basically a Remington) in .22 cal. It does an amazing job. No springs, no noise, but of course it is single shot. It produces around 1000fps depending on the pellet you use. Yes, it set me back a little but it's not a hunk of junk either. The nitro cylinder is very quiet when you pull the trigger. I like that. In addition, the gas in the cylinder is very stable in different ambient temperatures, meaning you get the same performance at 30F as you do at 70F.

I think the air guns I had were pump pneumatics. All the pcp's I looked at are sweet but way to pricy for me.

edit on 23-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join