It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the most powerful air rifle and pistol?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm asking for the most powerful air rifle and pistol in both categories, c02 and pump.

Came across this video about this very powerful c02 air rifle. Benjamin Rogue .357 - The world's most powerful production air rifle These sell for 1500 dollars.

But I'd still need a pistol and c02's can get all used up so I need both in pump action too. Whats your thoughts on these?

I'm not looking to spend 1500 dollars though for each though LOL.Think most powerful at normal air gun prices.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I would recommend getting the PCP version of whatever gun you are interested in. Using a PCP gun saves money over the cost of the CO2 guns. You can get a PCP hand pump for a reasonable price and keep all of your air guns charged with the same pump. The only problem with them is when the charge is depleted you have to use the pump or a portable air unit to recharge.

It looks like you can even get your wish with the big bore PCP guns too.

www.pyramydair.com...
edit on 10/22/2012 by SpaDe_ because: added link

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
.300 Winchester Magnum.

Kidding. Get a "springer" style pellet rifle. Just as fast as a .22 and a little cheaper, easier to keep clean. There are alot of options, just shop around.

Pistol? Um. Why? 9mm PDX rounds FTW

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

A few years ago I bought this baby...its the most powerfull pump action single shot airpistol.

Crossman 1377

.177 caliber, maximum 600 feet per second.

And...you can pimp these guns into beautiful custom "pistols".

edit on 22/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
While it is cool... $1,500 is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on an air rifle no matter how powerful it is. Look at Crossman and Gamo Break action pellet rifles. These are powerful (for an air rifle) single shot pellet rifles that can take out most small game with a single, well placed shot. They tend to shoot b/w 1,050-1,300 fps and are very accurate with iron sites or, a dialed in scope. The price should run you anywhere from $89-$150 depending on which pellet rifle you choose. Do some research, read some reviews and make the decision based on whats best for you.

Remember you will always need to replace the Co2 canisters and pump actions while fun, are not nearly as powerful, accurate or, reliable as the break action.

my .02

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Try this one:-

www.phoenixairguns.co.uk...

It rates at 9.9 out of 10. Cost £1,000 not sure what that is in Dollars. It's British so it has to be the best.

link   
Why a pistol?

I currently own a 22 rifle and a sport king 22L 12 shot semi auto, 6 inch rifled barrel pistol. I'm going to be moving to the sticks soon living off the grid and I'll need protection from critters. Shooting the regular guns for these small annoyances is a waste of good ammo and they are loud. I want to be able to handle wolves, snakes and other small animals with the air guns. If you use a rifle you have to use two hands and take careful time to bring it up and aim. Using a pistol, it's easier to bring up aim and fire saving you time before the animal is on you.

Edit:

I'm out of touch guys. When I was young I had a Benjamin 177 pump pistol and a pump 177 rifle. C02's were the newest latest thing. I haven't even heard of PCP or break action air guns. I'll have to look them up.
edit on 22-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

link   
reply to post by zatara

Webley makes one that is 720fps. Just saying.

www.pyramydair.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Why a pistol?

I currently own a 22 rifle and a sport king 22L 12 shot semi auto, 6 inch rifled barrel pistol. I'm going to be moving to the sticks soon living off the grid and I'll need protection from critters. Shooting the regular guns for these small annoyances is a waste of good ammo and they are loud. I want to be able to handle wolves, snakes and other small animals with the air guns. If you use a rifle you have to use two hands and take careful time to bring it up and aim. Using a pistol, it's easier to bring up aim and fire saving you time before the animal is on you.

Wolves? Man you have to have some big friggin cajones to be taking on some wolves with a stinking air gun that you have no follow up shots with. I think that I would stick with a real firearm for wolves, but that's just me being me I guess.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Try this one:-

www.phoenixairguns.co.uk...

It rates at 9.9 out of 10. Cost £1,000 not sure what that is in Dollars. It's British so it has to be the best.

Want one now if any of you are millionaires and want to get me one pm me

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by zatara

www.pyramydair.com...

Yes you are correct....I forgot to add.... for just only under 60$

The Webley is great and powerfull but for only under 340$

Anyways...this is about the most powerfull and not about the cheapest or the best quality.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by zatara

www.pyramydair.com...

I like the Webley. For pump pistol action Crossman makes this one nice and cheap. also 720 fps. www.walmart.com...

I just found out they make semi auto pistols now. perhaps I'd do good to go with one of those if i can find one with at least 720 fps.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I think you could make a man portable version of these

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yeah the catch 22 is you have to use lead free pellets to achieve that velocity, which are horribly inaccurate in my personal experiences. The crossman SXT? pellets are junk IMHO. They are so light weight that soon after leaving the barrel they begin to tumble, and that alone destroys accuracy and ballistic performance.
edit on 10/22/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
As far as I know anything over 500 fps and you need a firearm acquisition certificate , that's the way it is in Ontario , Canada .

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
For a rifle its big bore bob's 20mm air rifle

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
As far as I know anything over 500 fps and you need a firearm acquisition certificate , that's the way it is in Ontario , Canada .

??? AFAIK in the USA you can walk into any walmart and get an airgun off the shelf no questions asked. Heck, if you buy from the classified ads or a friend, you can even buy a real gun in the USA with no background check or questions asked.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
For a rifle its big bore bob's 20mm air rifle

www.youtube.com...#!

Thanks. That 20mm looks sweet but it's Huge.. something else I didn't consider is big bore airguns. They didn't have these when I was young.

Did some searching and found this cool vid on big bore airguns www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have a Crosman Quest 1000X.

It is a spring action .117 caliber pellet rifle with scope. Mine cost $110.00 with scope.

It is EXTREMELY accurate....and don't scoff at the spring action. At 1000 fps IMO
it is the best bang for the buck. I've shot thousands of round thru mine
and other than a little rust where you hold it to cock the the spring...it is perfect.
And the bonus is that I don't need CO2, nor must I pump it ten times to get a really
high FPS muzzle velocity.

There are more expensive guns with an FPS of 1200 or 1500 but Crosman is a trusted
brand name (even though it was constructed in China)

Generally you'll get 1000 fps for under $i50---1200 fps for $150 to $300---and above 1200
fps, $300 to stupid.

Still though, a .22 cal long rifle is very cheap...as is the ammo.
edit on 22-10-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Rival thanks for the info.

Since it turns out i'm kinda green on the newer types of airguns I found the wikipedia article. I think I like the idea of the spring or PCP guns over c02. Spring I take it is like the "multi pump" guns I used to have yet a pcp gun you load the chamber and it can fire 500 shots before you have to re-pump. They come in semi or full auto. I'm loving those ideas. It seems C02's are weaker and pump action is single shot only. I need something I can fire off a few shots if the first one don't stop the animal. Think I'll concentrate on pcp guns.

<<   2 >>

join