It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Good Video** Cigar Shaped UFO over Arlington, TX Sep 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Doesn't look much like a plane, I'll go with blimp because I don't know!

dubz

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
post by Doodle19815 I say the side of a plane highlighted by the setting sun. But what do I know

Ditto
edit on 24-10-2012 by wtfigo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by scarybear

If that were a plane landing at DFW airport near dusk and the camera was in Arlington, then the plane would have to go from right to left on the screen, although I guess it could be flipped.
edit on 24-10-2012 by SammyB0476 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

it could be an airplane and before you ask where was the tail and wings I will tell you in a clear/hazy sky you don't always see them. I've deleted tons of footage of planes that look like this.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i'm no master with a camera, but can people like not hold it still or do they suffer from some spastic arm disease last minute when they casually spot a ufo?. for once id like to see a film that occurs before the ufo appears (or as soon as it appears) and then long after.
if i saw a ufo and i had a camera, and i was pretty darn sure it was a ufo, i wudnt be standing there wobbling my camera around, i wud be excited, probably swearing, and getting as great of a shot as i can.
hell i wud keep filming for hours if not days after incase it came back. Sadly, most of the time we get this mobile phone footage, that only lasts the entire 16 second duration, nothing more.
As for the video, a strange object indeed =/ who knows what it could be? im thinking maybe some sort of tin foiled object reflecting the sun? i give up.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Man check this out!
UFO shape:
i.dailymail.co.uk...
i.dailymail.co.uk...

Satellite image:
i.dailymail.co.uk...

"weird"
i.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by salamanda

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

Originally posted by HomerinNC
possible blimp?

I thought that at first. But watch at the end you see it fly at high velocity.

yeah absolutely... way to fast, as can be seen when the person filming 'finally' decides to give it some reference and perspective.

It looks pretty high too... possibly filmed late afternoon (?). This could be what's creating the orange 'glow' and if it is at altitude, then it wouldn't be a hard conclusion to come to that this is what's gives it the impression of not having any visible wings or traditional aircraft shape. Dunno

A few people have said that this object moves fast, How so?

Could it not be the case that the camera was zoomed in and when moving the camera past close by trees with the object in the background would make it seem the as the object is traveling at great speeds when its not.

Better analysis could be performed if the video was stabilized and then you could make an attempt to calculate the speed but with only estimated figures as we cant (maybe we can, my brains dead at the moment) measure its actual size or true distance from this video alone.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well I tell you what lets go with a plane digital cameras can play all sorts of tricks depending on contrast distance & zoom level and its worse if its a digital zoom and not optical.

Here is a video of a plane a lot closer that the op video and the wings are not clear!!!

So it's most likely a plane

edit on 24-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The object is moving all the time from left to right on a straight line. If you look closely (around 0:30ish) you can see the tail plane shape on left of the object. Plane I say.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It looks like an airplane to me, with the sun reflecting off of it. It seems to be coming in at a straight trajectory,
descending as its going. I don't think an absolute identification is possible with this video, but that's what it
looks like to me, also, half way through the video, it seems the camera man zoomed in on a piece of empty
sky, because he was already familiar with the flight path and where the direction where the next plane would be
coming from. You'll also notice none of the children seem to be reacting which means this object was rather high.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am SO tired of seeing this stuff. NONE of these videos are real. There are NO outer space aliens flying around. If you happen to see a REAL UFO...it is a military craft. Being associated with the Air Force, I can assure you there are LOADS of experimental craft being tested regularly. Why do you think so many UFO sightings are near Air Force bases? Some people would say aliens are monitoring our military. Why the hell would they do that if they have MASTERED intergallatic space flight? It's because the don't exist.

This isn't even that. This is a forgery. A phony. I wish the people who make these videos would stop.

How do I know it's fake??? Because people who have REAL footage know how to hold a camera still (i.e. COPS). People who are so bored, with IQ's under 90, think that shaking the camera around will somehow hand their fake video an air of legitimacy.

What a disgrace to the human race. Go get a GED ya toothless yokel. (not the OP, but the person who made the vid)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i see "GOOD VIDEO" in the title.

Then open the thread and see another blurry light that doesn't look like anything special other than another light in the sky vid.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NaptownBrown

10/10 troll

strong omniscience!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
My bet is what has already been said before. It looks like a plane coming in for a landing.

The shaky camera as well as the wall/curtain/paper are done on purpose to make it harder to tell.

The wall/curtain is to throw off the focus on the camera just to help make it that much harder to see what it actually is being filmed. If you notice it even appeared as if he was trying to film it in the light/focal distortion at the very edge of the thing and he cut over to that when it looked as if the camera was starting to focus in.

Edit: And for those rehashing the ole "what will it take for you to believe!?" line...you can blame crap like this for us being so cynical regarding the matter.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Dashdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
still say possible blimp or CGI....
I dont hold too much faith in youtube videos...

Yea, i agree..
If every other explanations fails we say CGI..
Cause it CANT be aliens...
Hell, we can skip every other explanation and
go straight to CGI without passing GO..

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
HOAX!

Was the cigar-shaped 'UFO' actually a giant toy? Glowing object witnessed by thousands across three states may have been solar-powered airship

www.dailymail.co.uk...
PUBLISHED: 16:00 GMT, 26 October 2012

The glowing object which left thousands of people across the U.S. wondering if they had just seen a UFO may have simply been a giant toy which costs just $25.

Amateur astronomer Allen Epling took hours-long footage and videos of the mystery, glowing object from his Virgie, Kentucky, home for over two hours last week.

Now it has emerged that the cigar-shaped craft which was viewed across three states may have been nothing more than a solar-powered airship.

The airship, which is marketed as a 'toy for all the family', is eight meters in length and flies solely by the power of the sun.

It is constructed from a high-density, lightweight matte black film which reacts to the heat from the sun and gets bigger as it fills with air. It can reach heights of 30,000 feet.

But part-time star-gazer Epling estimated the UFO to be operating at over 100,000 feet - over twice the height a commercial jet flies. It was witnessed across Kentucky, Virginia and Tennessee.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

Ok, I am a troll? Did you see how this video was proven a HOAX? I think you might be a troll. Living in a fantasy land where alien's are flying around and never joining us. The kind of troll that encourages this mess. Believe me, I would LOVE to see proof of an actual alien craft. But have so far have not seen even one credible video in hundreds that i've watched.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join