It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Good Video** Cigar Shaped UFO over Arlington, TX Sep 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It looks like a plane on final approach to me. I see them all the time looking like this when I look towards LAX around sunset and the planes are taking off.

I also could have sworn that once in the beginning and again near the end there is a white flash like the type of strobe lights you see on airplanes near the tail.

I do think though from the way the guy is filming that he honestly thinks he's got a UFO.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In my opinion it's a plane approaching to land. From the sound of children and the lighting, it seems to be shot at dusk, so the sun reflecting on the plane comes from the west. Now if you look at a map, Arlington is just to the west in relation to Dallas/Ft Worth International Airport, which has runways in the north/south orientation.

So the guy is at Arlington, filming a plane coming to land from the north/south, due to that position the setting sun would make that reflection on the side of the plane that he is filming.

You can see in the approach chart for one of the runways heading north how the airplanes come from the south:

So to me this explanation makes complete sense... What is your position regarding this possibility?

Cheers

edit on 23/10/2012 by scarybear because: more images

edit on 23/10/2012 by scarybear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You know, some people are UFO enthusiasts that collect random UFO videos from other sources on their channel.
It doesn't mean that they filmed them all themselves. So while I do think you should take the abundance into consideration, it doesn't mean you can automatically discredit every video there.

I thin it could be a ufo, but I'm not sure. It could be a plane at a rare angle with a rare reflection, but to be honest, I've never seen a plane look like that. I live in an area with a lot of air traffic, and I'm always staring up at the sky; Again, never seen a plane look like that.

Just my two cents.

P.S: It'd be cool if the person who see's planes that look like this so often would film them the next time.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Lurkenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by CigaretteMan

looks like a plasma critter
possibly a Ringmaker on reconnaissance

Where do you come up with this stuff? Especially when its clearly "material" and the most logical explination is usually closest?

I mean seriously lol the side of a plane didnt even enter into your thought process before "ringmaker on reconnaissance"?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This reminds me of a post a few days ago of a cylidrical shaped object over Kentucky,W.Virginia,Pennsylvania 'Maryland and Virginia....if its the same object it has shore been getting around...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Where do you come up with this stuff? Especially when its clearly "material" and the most logical explination is usually closest? I mean seriously lol the side of a plane didnt even enter into your thought process before "ringmaker on reconnaissance"?

lol, look at it move silly, can't you see that it's animated, and not mechanical?

a sylph can become semi-material, how else is it going to interact with the physical world? [clean up chemtrails, [Star snot is often a byproduct of this] adjust/correct the weather, make a crop circle, or transport ACE?]

these "bodies" are materialized from local atom/molecules/matter.
i.e. when a ghost/spirit materializes during an evocation it does so using the particles of incense used in the ritual.

Where do you come up with this stuff? Especially when its clearly "material" and the most logical explination is usually closest?

lol, because the most logical "explination" is usually wrong, the result of conditioned beliefs
as logic is blind, leading into the trap of believing you know.

thus it's no different from faith.

basically your OS [positivism v.3.0+] runs through a pre-programmed list and picks the closest matching one

druscilla, for example, would immediately go with weather balloon [see her thread on her 1st ufo, a weather balloon]
you should look into the subject of schemas as they apply to perception, IMO.

i mean L
L look at all the folks here "seeing" Non-existent wings, sliding glass doors, and sheets of paper.

more on the holes in the materialist paradigm:
"The Test of the Lunatic Asylum: How Occam's razor can trick us into delusion"

I mean seriously lol the side of a plane didnt even enter into your thought process before "ringmaker on reconnaissance"?

of course it did, as it was suggested early on, lack of wings, plus animate behaviour, led to it being discarded as an explanation, meanwhile you stopped investigating/thinking once you found a label/perceptual sticker to paste over your perception of this object.
edit on 23-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

These pictures of hubble "things" have nothing to do with whatever this is in the picture.......

Everything youve said is even MORE speculative then whether this thing has wings or not!

Not to mention whatever was taken by hubble is vastly larger, by MILES then whatever this thing is.......

Im not bashing, you , I just dont understand how you can make giant leaps into this thing being something far more speculative then just a bad shot of an already known aircraft........

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So far nobody has mentioned the droning prop engine noise associated with blimps in the beginning...

Or that some blimps advertise on giant screens on their sides and that could be the source of the "light bar" covering one whole side of the "craft".

The light would tend to "wash out" other visible features behind it and be the prominent feature in a camera chips "eye".

I think he uses the wall to steady the shot. I think his channel is geared towards his looking in the sky with camera ready to capture any shaky, unfocused things that might present themselves. I think this is man made video of a man made object of terrestrial origin.

Having said that, it only slightly resembles the one from Colorado, sort of...

At least they aren't shooting at the one in Texas.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

So to me this explanation makes complete sense... What is your position regarding this possibility?

Cheers

All you need is the position of the sun and the direction of the landing strip...works for me.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Oh, this must be the Aliens & UFO Skeptics Only forum.

Anyone with a sincere interest in UFOs and "aliens" must by nature be a skeptic or you end up having to believe in the most ridiculous crap imaginable. Don't you want things to be real? Don't you want things proven so you're not just living in a fool's paradise? Well, that requires you to be a skeptic.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Cheers

All you need is the position of the sun and the direction of the landing strip...works for me.

No, it was just the confirmation of what many suspected. There's the fact that no other footage is to be seen from this specific event, that the youtube channel looks suspicious, that you can see a strobe light flashing, that the object's flight path is consistently similar to a landing plane, that even the size of the object supports this hypothesis...

You can not recognize better the shape of the plane because the camera's focus is awful... And it is not hovering during the moments you have no visual reference from the trees because the cameraman is constantly moving the camera to follow the object, that's why the wall/curtain gets in and out of the image.

You shouldn't be so naive as to think I would take the sun's position as the only support of my hypothesis.

Thank you for remembering to post all these details here

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
still say possible blimp or CGI....
I dont hold too much faith in youtube videos...

No way thats a blimp.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It looks to long and narrow to be a blimp, also I believe blimps are required to have a red blinking light (I could be wrong). This object is also pretty high up and moving at a pretty fast speed. Looks legitimate to me!

P.S: Anybody agree that there have been a lot more UFO sightings than usual in the south-south/west, and all around for that matter?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

r u sure?
nothing like it at all

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarybear

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Cheers

No, it was just the confirmation of what many suspected. There's the fact that no other footage is to be seen from this specific event, that the youtube channel looks suspicious, that you can see a strobe light flashing, that the object's flight path is consistently similar to a landing plane, that even the size of the object supports this hypothesis...

You can not recognize better the shape of the plane because the camera's focus is awful... And it is not hovering during the moments you have no visual reference from the trees because the cameraman is constantly moving the camera to follow the object, that's why the wall/curtain gets in and out of the image.

You shouldn't be so naive as to think I would take the sun's position as the only support of my hypothesis.

Thank you for remembering to post all these details here

I agree with you....I think
It was a brilliant and simple explanation. ...but if you need me to say it was an lightning fast cigar orb going super fast and hovering and stuff, I can do that.
edit on 23-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Very cool vid, you know once some years ago people thought that video or photographic pictures would constitutes as evidence for UFO or other things. But in this day and age with our tech abilities which anybody can pretty much do, video and photographs of UFOs really becomes redundant and holds very little water if any at all.

Funny how things work out eh, the things that we thought would be important in our world in time are proven to be the exact opposite or anywhere in between. I am afraid that if somebody actually had a video were he interview an alien and said alien even did some ET phone home stuff like levitate a car or chair, it still would not constitute as evidence of alien life. And everybody knows why, as its just to easy to manipulate such things if somebody really wanted to, I mean Hollywood with its budget makes real life film aliens and UFO's all the time, and now a days there not the only ones who can do that.

I think the only real thing that would really prove to people that such things exist is if they actually witnessed and saw it, but even then I don't think that will play out just like they think it will. The reasons to that, well there complicated nothing is ever so simple it seems.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKDRUID
reply to post by Char-Lee

r u sure?
nothing like it at all

there is no way to tell for sure if you can't see it from all angles............

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Nice find!

Looks genuine, at least at a first look I couldn't find anything suspicious with it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
it is the same size as the ad banner on the Goodyear blimp. It does not appear to move fast, just the shaky camera.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

Originally posted by HomerinNC
possible blimp?

I thought that at first. But watch at the end you see it fly at high velocity.

yeah absolutely... way to fast, as can be seen when the person filming 'finally' decides to give it some reference and perspective.

It looks pretty high too... possibly filmed late afternoon (?). This could be what's creating the orange 'glow' and if it is at altitude, then it wouldn't be a hard conclusion to come to that this is what's gives it the impression of not having any visible wings or traditional aircraft shape. Dunno

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join